Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1715135 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #645 on: August 21, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »
I'm with TEM.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #646 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:31 PM »
*scratches his head*

I'm confused. Either you are a bad writer or you made yourself seem like an ungrateful brat that deserves to be treated badly on purpose. A third option must be eluding me.
Me too.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #647 on: August 21, 2006, 08:26:15 PM »
Guys, the horse died ages ago.
~I.S.~

« Reply #648 on: August 21, 2006, 08:55:27 PM »
Oh, whoops. I just read Vid's second post. Sorry...........
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #649 on: August 21, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
I was just playing The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II on PC.  All the statistics for my custom create-a-hero randomly got deleted.  With the statistics lost, I lost all the medals I had earned through those statistics. This would sort of be like randomly losing all your trophies in Super Smash Brothers Melee.  I scanned the BFMEII message boards, and apparently this is a common problem.  I'd like to play the game some more to rebuild my statistics, but I have no guarantee that they won't just get deleted again.  I e-mailed tech support politely asking them to address this issue in a future game patch, but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #650 on: August 22, 2006, 05:11:55 PM »
I was attacked by mosquitoes waiting for the bus this morning. I told my dad to put garlic in my eggs, so hopefully that'll fix the problem.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #651 on: August 22, 2006, 06:52:45 PM »
THe best way to keep mosquitoes away I've found is to build a fire, then put leaves on it. This will creare an obscene ammount of smoke. Stand around in the smoke for a few minutes. You will be mosquito free. Beware that this is really only useful when camping.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #652 on: August 22, 2006, 08:14:10 PM »
I've been scanning the message boards for Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II and I've discovered there are a lot of easily-reproducible bugs in the game, not just the statistics-deleting bug I experienced earlier.  I'm really starting to hate EA.  I bought Madden 2005 and discovered to my dismay that to unlock everything in the game I needed to play a bunch of other sports games.  I sold my copy of Madden to EB Games.  I bought Sims 2 and discovered there were features I could only access if I owned Sim City 4.  So I bought Sim City 4.  Then I discovered that there were features of Sim City 4 I could only access if I owned the original Sims.  I have no desire to own both The Sims and The Sims 2 at the same time.  I can't sell back PC games to EB Games, but I uninstalled both Sims 2 and Sim City 4 out of protest.  Before buying BFMEII I checked a bunch of sights to make sure that the game had no features that could only be unlocked with other games.  Everything looked okay, so I bought the game... Now I've discovered that the game is freakishly buggy.  I should have guessed as much, since Sims 2 was freakishly buggy as well.  So I pretty much hate EA Games now, and I resolve to never buy another game from them.  They are the anti-Blizzard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #653 on: August 22, 2006, 08:37:03 PM »
ANGST!!! today while playing MB o MaL:SS on my DS (really need to get a DS game) I was on phase 28, the highest one I had gone to, one life, saw two crabs together, one angry, I pick up my POW block from above, and flipped them over, the problem is that one crab was inside the other, and I thought both were flipped over, I jumped over there to knock them off, only to end up dying. I didn't see the one inside on it's feet, and I lost the game for that, Well, I still broke my record, 22 from 28...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #654 on: August 24, 2006, 01:35:04 PM »
I have another new bit of ANGST to report.  I found out last night that one of my friends developed an irregular heartbeat.  Therefore, he's pretty screwed as far as sports go, and this guy is a soccer nut.  I don't have a clue how it happened.  This guy is the most physically fit person that I know.  How could something like this happen?  It's sudden ailments like this that really tick me off.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #655 on: August 24, 2006, 08:28:24 PM »
It's a good thing my job pays what it does, otherwise I would have no reason to continue my job.  Today at work (I do telephone polls at Syracuse University), I had such a slow day, with very rude people.  Usually, it's alright, because every few times, I get someone willing to do a poll, and they're polite and quick.  Actually talking to people makes the day go by much faster.  But today, I went for about an hour with either no answer, or people quickly saying "No, I won't take it, because it would cause no harm to me, and I am way too busy to bother with a simple 4 minute poll where I don't have to think and just say which choice applies to me."...Okay, that's a slight exageration.  But when the people are so rude really annoys me. 

I had one lady today that, when I called her, said (and this is NO exageration) "Do you know what time it is?"  I was kinda surprised at this, mainly because she cut me off while I was doing the "Hi, my name is Mike, and I'm calling because blah, blah.  Would you like to participate?".  I answer kinda slowly "Uh...about 8:30...", to which she replies "Yes, and I don't take calls this late, especially for polls", and hung up.  I just sat there with my mouth slack, rather confused.  I don't care if people say that they don't want to do it, and I'm polite and say sorry for bothering them, and to have a good night, so the way she made it seem like what I did was wrong and dirty annoyed me.  Luckily, she was one of the last people to answer the phone, so I didn't have to make the too many other people stay up into the wee hours of the night, answering question after question...

Another kind of people I get a lot are the ones that yell that they're on the 'Don't call' list.  That would apply, but the numbers we dial are all from the phone book, and we aren't selling anything. 

Annoying callers, and I have to work on the day my sister goes back to college.

Of course, theres always the upside, like when I call someone who just likes chatting away, though my boss kinda frowns on that...Oh well.  Usually it's old guys talking about how they don't give a Flying-F*** about if people smoke (that's the topic of this weeks survey), and then decide to tell me that at my age, he was landing on jet carriers, or telling me what the Final Jeopardy question was.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #656 on: August 27, 2006, 10:43:16 AM »
A plane crashed in a town not far from here. 49 people are confirmed dead. T_T
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 06:44:39 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #657 on: August 29, 2006, 10:02:50 PM »
Let me tell you about my beginning Junior Year of high school.

Alright, my classes are all great.  Good teachers, good classmates, and alirght classrooms(none of that 400 Building craziness!).  But at lunch, I never seem to want to find my friends.  I have late lunch with the seniors, so I can't even meet up with my sophomore friends except between classes.  And I'm unwilling to approach my senior friends because I feel like I'd be bombarding their private, already-established posse, which includes some people I'm not even particularly close with.  Meanwhile, my friends my own age also hang out in similar groups, which I don't want to disrupt.  I'm hoping that I'll make it into the fall play, and I can meet up with my friends finally after school through that, but right now I feel kinda lonely.  I recognize that this is my own fault, and I don't even mind going solo at lunch sometimes, since I say hi to everyone I know quite frequently anyway.  But this is the angst thread, and I might as well complain.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #658 on: August 29, 2006, 11:16:39 PM »
Super Mario World is on a 4 megabit SNES cart.

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World is on a 32 megabit GBA cart.

If the entire game could be put in a 4 megabit cart, why couldn't Nintendo add in something like a level creator to allow players to create their own scenarios? I don't get it. There should be plenty of room for one...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #659 on: August 30, 2006, 02:32:49 PM »
School resumes next week, meaning my days of sitting around watching mindless TV then cleaning offices and stealing office supplies at night are over.

Feh.

So yesterday, I went to pre-registration to recieve my schedule. Turns out all my classes are advanced classes, meaning I can no longer do half-hearted work and still get an A.

Meh.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print