Print

Author Topic: was the feather power-up a bad idea?  (Read 2695 times)

« on: November 27, 2001, 08:07:35 PM »
In Super Mario World the feather power-up can let you float over an entire level.

Do you think this takes the challenge out of the game?

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2001, 08:30:54 PM »
It WAS a good idea for the courses in the Special world...

but yeah, it is kind of cheap since there's nothing preventing you from floating through an entire level.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2001, 08:34:16 PM »
What are you talking about you can only float for a little bit then you go down.

SeCrEtPaGe SeCrEtPaGe!@#$%^&*
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2001, 08:37:47 PM »
superdude, you've never PLAYED Super Mario World enough, have you?

There's a little thing called using the cape as some parachute-like thing (READ THE MANUAL) to constantly float over the level... that is how you get all those coins in that one small area in Donut Plains 1.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2001, 03:12:07 PM »
What they hell are you talking about?  You use the feather, run, fly up, then you start to come down, and you can bash the ground, or open the cape and descend slowly.  It was the P-Wing in SMB3 that let you fly forever, but they were rare to find, and they wore off after one level.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2001, 03:25:22 PM »
He is wright. You can float a long time. When you open the parachute you can ceep pushing back again and again to ceep opining it. You do come down eventualy. But if you do it wright your can fly a long distance.

I used to be ZimStar. If anyone knows how to drop my olf acount please tell me. Thanks.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2001, 04:35:24 PM »
Actually if the levels were never ending you can fly forever becuse if you do it rite you go up about 1cm each time.

------------------------------
It is amazing what bordom does to you.
What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
www.geocities.com/originalmtre/
Sign da Guest book
Loyal Member since
   10/14/2001

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2001, 05:20:19 PM »
Well.. I liked that power-up...not as much as the Racoon tail as far as looks go,but it was cool.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2001, 04:06:09 PM »
please excuse super dude he has pnly ever played super mario world at my hpuse and still has not goten use to the cape (to tell you the truth i have never been the best at fly either) but come on it was like a mounth ago and while i had the cap i flew into the air and did the flying thing and he was next to me and he is like "WOW JORDAN HOW DID YOU DO THAT"  he still does not know you can fly forevery doing that.... plus i think it was an awsome idea because it was not as easy as the leaf from smb3 to get and to use

Yoshi cool
You not cool!!! :)
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Print