Print

Author Topic: Lord of the Rings  (Read 3331 times)

« on: February 24, 2001, 06:15:15 PM »
hey any Tolkien fans here? if so I'm sure you've herd there makeing a Lord of the Rings movie trilogy based on the book trilogy sometime starting with the first book "Fellowship of the Ring". I'm sure there a few LOTR fans out there.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2001, 10:06:35 PM »
Major Tolkien fan. :) Yea, the movie's gonna rock. They're saying it's the biggest movie production in history.

Edited by - Ironfoot on 2/24/2001 8:08:02 PM
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2001, 07:13:24 PM »
I started reading The Fellowship of the Ring [I'm up to where the Hobbits stop by at Tom Bombadil's house], and I don't know guys.  I'm just having trouble getting into the Lord of the Rings groove.  I think its becuase it revolves so heavily on Hobbits, and I kind of hate the cheery little nerds.  I guess I'd just rather read about people instead of hairy-ass, good-natured midgets.

I am the Hobbit-Kicker! :D

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2001, 07:31:38 PM »
I'd like to see it out movie-production Star Wars ^_~

And knowing Hollywood, they'll trash the books and load them with bucketloads of unnecessary special effects.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2001, 10:32:45 PM »
don't worry billy it doesn't all revoulve around the hobbits, eventually the story gets darker and more dramatic, besides your only at the begining theres lots more.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2001, 08:33:05 PM »
come on I know there are more Tolkien fans here

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2001, 02:23:19 AM »
I've read "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" I'm not exactly a Tolkien fan but the books were pretty good.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2001, 03:49:46 PM »
ive read most of the hobbit (i got confused a hundred or so pages away from the end) and the fellowship of the rings. john ronald reul tolkein is one of my favorite authors! i hope the lotr movie is better than the hobbit made-for-tv cartoon. they took out some of the best scenes!

(enter a witty comment or phrase here)
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2001, 08:17:52 PM »
I know, the cartoon sucked. Originally, Dain Ironfoot (hint hint) rushes with the 500 dwarves to battle Bard and the lake-men in the book. In the cartoon, they just stand there with Gandalf between the armies, crying in a lame voice, "Behold! The Orcs are upon you!" Bunch of BS. ;)
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2001, 11:17:10 AM »
me too! i am at the part where they  are killing worgs! DIE WORGS!!!!!

Here We GOOO!
Here We GOOO!

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2001, 12:21:16 PM »
I thought the cartoon for the hobbit was OK, but the lord of the rings was terrble

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2001, 09:17:55 PM »
Im reding the the 2 towers right now im at the part were there all talking to suroman in his tower....i think!!!!!!

yoshi cool
you not cool
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Print