Print

Author Topic: Interesting fact(s) about you  (Read 30120 times)

« on: February 15, 2009, 04:11:33 AM »
Here's a topic where you can post an interesting fact about yourself. Just a little breath of fresh air to start interesting conversation.

I am related to Sir Henry Morgan (better known as Captain Morgan) the notorious Welsh privateer/pirate who made his name in the Caribbean. My great-great-great grandfather was Welsh and was distantly related to Morgan all the way back to his great-great-great uncle. The difference between me and Morgan is about 7 or 8 generations.

Evidentially, we also share the same last name, and my father shares his father's full name (Robert Morgan). No, I haven't killed 300 men in the Colon Province and I don't know a thing about pirating in general. I am not proud of what my ancestor did.

EDIT: Oh yeah, before anyone asks, I hate rum. They should've picked a different pirate as the logo/mascot, 'cause no one actually remembers him for who he was or what he did (not that what he did was worth remembering, but whatever).

EDIT2: Hm...it would appear as if I had forgotten about SJ's "10 facts about you" topic from a year or so ago. How about in this one, you must post only one interesting topic about yourself and elaborate on it. Sound fair enough?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:45:34 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »
It is a crime your CT isn't "Got a little cap'n in him".

I don't question the originality of this thread but as I already posted most of what I'd post here on the defunct "10 facts about you" thread (ah, the memories of so many members when I went back), I'll just reprint those responses with some editation:

-I have been temporarily stranded on a (technically) deserted island--twice.
-I am double-jointed and can put my leg(s) behind my head.
-I went streaking when I was six or seven through a friend's (well-attended) house.
-I accidentally broke a minor law involving butter cubes.
-I have vacationed in France, India, Africa, Canada, and England.
-I cracked my brother's head with a large plastic chair (semi-accidentally).
-I went bodysurfing in Santa Monica and lost my glasses.
-I'm pretty sure I saw a huge UFO--that, or I have hallucinated once in my life.
-I wear sandals and a coat to school virtually every day.
-Though I'm not the best, I throw discus and javelin on the track and field team.
-I may or may not be related to Charlemagne.
-A flypaper strip fell on my back from the ceiling when I was in around first grade.
-I still close my eyes in the graveyard part of The Haunted Mansion.
-Intimate teenagers disgust me.
-Boxers, not briefs.
-I had two petite mal seizures when I was about six (my brother had a grand mal and was momentarily hospitalized. Thank God for meds for the next few years afterwards!)
-I'm pretty sure I have every "standard" poster from Nintendo Power since #103 on my walls (up until the last few issues where I totally lost respect for them.)
-I know almost all the lyrics to most of my favorite songs.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 11:05:28 AM »
- I can put one leg behind my head. (I'm not double-jointed, I just practice)
- I've lived in Washington state and have been to Seattle, even though I've lived mostly in the more eastern areas.
- I have "Weird Al" Yankovic's "Gump" CD single.
- I only have two pairs of shoes. (I've had one pair for a really long time. I think my feet have stopped growing... thankfully.)
- My birthdays now mostly consist of getting money from relatives. (I get presents less and less every year.)
- I sometimes sleep in a duplex separate from my family.
- I've been writing books since that age of six. (Only the recent ones are even close to interesting... ugh.)
- I have a bunch of Hawaiian shirts. (Including one that Weird Al wore on stage during the last tour!)
- My first SNES VC game was SMRPG (Yeah... whatever.)
- I've been planning on going on a date with a girl after school is out. (Long story. It was originally just kind of a joke, but a date came from it nonetheless.)
- I found girls from my first grade and third grade classes on Facebook. (I've been trying to arrange a way to meet them again soon.)

I'm not that interesting and as far as I know, no one has recollected a (an) (in)famous past relative of mine.
I'm a horrible person.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 12:44:29 PM »
Disclaimer: Facts may or may not be interesting.

- I own a copy of Hellgate: London. lololololololololol
- That's nothing, Bigluigifan1.0. I used to live right across the water from Seattle and went there via ferry all the time.
- I write Last.fm profiles for FF members. So far I've only got the one done for Rao and Chupperson's band, the Kings of Control, but I plan on getting one done for TEM (as his real name, since there's already an artist listed as "Tem").
- I live in a family of (mostly) hardcore gamers.
- My girlfriend gave me MANLY CHOCOLATES for Valentine's Day.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 01:20:58 PM »
-I'm dangerously pimp
-When I'm bored, I sometimes make songs using the trial version of Sony ACID, even though there's a track limit of 10 and I can't publish my songs as mp3s or anything else
-I'm not a Weird Al fan, though I respect him and find quite a few songs of his quite amusing
-Ditto for Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, and Saul Williams
-I'm a major alternative hip-hop and breakbeat fan
-I get really annoyed when I see people try to be funny but not actually be funny
-I have a strong dislike of internet memes
-I think Richard Pryor is the zenith of mankind's funniness and cannot, scientifically speaking, be surpassed
-I have a strong fear of clowns
-I have a strong distrust of parrots ever since I got peed on by one as a child
-Briefs up to about six years ago, but now boxers
-I have never been on an airplane, though I have been on boats, cars, bikes, buses and (once) a jet ski
-I was scared of Boo's Mansion as a kid
-Intimate old people disgust me
-One of my past girlfriends gave me a black eye
-I have an accumulated playtime of half an hour in Counter-Strike: Source
-My computer is incapable of playing Team Fortress 2, but handles every other Source game perfectly
-Mucinex makes me hallucinate
-I used to have a cat lady living in my neighborhood, but not anymore. Now a cop lives there.
-My dad is indifferent towards video games but occasionally shows extreme prowess in FPSes he's never played before
-I am terribly unprepared for a zombie apocalypse
-I can hold my pee for a long time before it becomes crippling
every

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »
-This thread bores me.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »
-I enjoy this thread.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 07:55:56 PM »
-I am afraid of somewhat morbid things.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
-This thread bores me.

I can't please everyone, I guess.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 08:04:08 PM »
-Boxers, not briefs.
-I can hold poo in for very long amounts of time. I've done it for over five and a half hours before.
-I have been on a submarine, aircraft carrier, destroyer, coast guard ships, navy training ships, freighter and a couple of other ships.
-I don't write books, but I have awesome stories that are in my head.
-I need a shower right now.
-I have the same birthday as Obama.
-I am left handed.
-I wear braces.
-When Kerry was running for President a few years back, I went to one of his rallies and held up a sign saying Nick Kids Pick Kerry 57%, which was a reference to Kerry winning nickelodeons presidential poll. He pointed it out in his speech and The New York Times mentioned it in an article the next day. I still have that article and the sign, anyone want to buy them?
-My favourite band is Queen.
-I am American, but because of how I go British web sites a lot, I sometimes spell color, favorite and harbor as colour, favourite and habour.
-LOL CLICK HERE!
-I may or may not be related to Stephen King. Chances are I am not.
-I may or may not be related to you. Chances are I am not.
-I may or may not be related to Obama. Chances are I am not.
-I may or may not be related to Harrison Ford. Chances are I am not.
-I may or may not be related to J.R.R. Tolkien. Chances are I am not.
-Both of my index fingers are double jointed so I can make them look like they're broken.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:31:50 PM by Sapphira »
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »
That link leads to a Rick Roll I bet.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »
- I once got a laugh out of a crowd by driving one of those battery-powered ride-on toys backwards to avoid a worker at a fair. I think I was about four years old at the time and I was participating in a much scaled-down version of a tractor pull.
- I live in New Hampshire
- I have only purchased one game for the Xbox 360
- I run long-distance and do Triple and High Jump for my school's Track and Field team.
- I'm not really afraid of too much, but spiders frighten me mildly.
- On that note, I have a cousin who was so freaked out by the first boss of OoT that he is deathly afraid of spiders.
- I recently hit a tree while skiing.
- I enjoy just about any game genre except for horror or sports.
- I write music, but cannot play any instruments.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 12:36:18 PM »
My brother and I have an X-box, but no games.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »
- This is my 1,337th post.
- I often put my hair in pigtails.
- I'm trying to learn Japanese in my spare time, with Ubisoft's help. After a few months of work, I've pretty much gotten the hiragana down. And if you sit me down with a Japanese - English dictionary, I can put together something that a Japanese person could probably figure out. Watching subbed episodes of Death Note is helping a bit too.
- I wish I had a kilt.
- I have a yellow suit.
- Every state I've ever lived in voted for Obama.
- I sometimes carry around a wind-up flashlight for fear of EMPs. I have no idea whether the wind-up flashlight would actually survive an EMP.
- I still have the bottle of cologne I got for Christmas in eighth grade (I'm a college junior now).
- Despite being a college junior, I only just turned 19 in November.
- I still don't have a permit, let alone a car.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 08:06:28 PM »
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Print