Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns  (Read 38751 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »
I was gonna stop, but CrossEyed kept bringing it up.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2010, 10:17:33 PM »
I barely mentioned JB at all. All I ever brought up was that it's a bit weird that there's no Kremlings but it'll probably still be really fun, and the reason I kept bringing that up was because you kept hyperbolizing and strawmanning, acting like you didn't get my point, twisting my words into "This game will suck because there's no Kremlings; it should be a real Country game like Jungle Beat was," and blowing minuscule conflict way out of proportion, seeing pure black and white where there were only slightly different shades of gray, and I just kept on trying to re-explain myself. I'm not getting dragged back into this stupid argument anymore.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2010, 11:28:02 PM »
You know, the first post I made about that wasn't even specifically directed at you. It was about people complaining about the Kremlings in general.

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2010, 11:49:40 PM »
Jungle Beat was a platformer. It was fun and cool. It just had bongos so none of you weirdos ever tried to figure out how to play it. Glitchy, if you're referring to Returns and not Jungle Beat, how do you figure it's not mostly similar?

Sorry I'm confused and don't understand what you're asking me. All I said was that, Returns should follow the DKC series gameplay. I don't even understand how Jungle Beat got brought up. I never played it but from what I've read it's a different game, not close to DKC gameplay. And sorry for making a bipolar argument but who cares about Kremlings. I mean, you end up killing them anyway. I don't think I heard too much complaining about no Goombas in SMS. However, if they mess up the basic gameplay of DKCR and make it too much like JB then we're having a problem.

Side note: I love how JB is being attacked by everyone here and it also stands for Justin Bieber. -crawls in hole-

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
Why did he think dressing as Snidely Whiplash Dick Dastardly (Oops)was a good disguise?

Just becuase there are no crocodiles doesn't K Rool won't appear. There were virtually no enemies that resembled past enemies in SMS, and yet Bowser was still the main villian (bad example though, since Nintendo still made SMS, after making all the other Mario games..)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:59:55 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2010, 03:34:39 PM »
That's Dick Dastardly, not Snidely Whiplash.
That was a joke.

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2010, 03:35:02 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-B7ubLe68

No classic halfpoint/partner barrels, no hidden coins, and no classic villains.

Yet I'm still interested. I wonder why.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2010, 06:09:10 AM »
'Cause it looks fun?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2010, 09:10:21 AM »
It actually looks great!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2010, 12:31:38 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-B7ubLe68

No classic halfpoint/partner barrels, no hidden coins, and no classic villains.

Yet I'm still interested. I wonder why.

Well, it looks like the hidden coins have been "broken up" into jigsaw pieces that may add up to a single coin, so in a way they're sill there.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2010, 04:14:29 PM »
....There's a partner barrel right at the beginning of that video.

The pig running the checkpoint looks like a miniature Troff, which is pretty spiffy if I do say so myself.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:17:09 PM by The Chef »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2010, 10:28:54 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:25 PM »
I'll never understand why some gamers hate water levels.  Are they tough to navigate?  If you can't handle pressing buttons with good timing, why are you even playing video games?

Sure, I guess I'm a bit disappointed by this, but I'm still looking forward to this game.  Beggars can't be choosers.

« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »
Some pretty old news you got their CrossEyed, but still bad stuff nonetheless.

I loved the underwater DKC levels, and the lack of them just robs us of another vibrant location with wonderful music and trolltastic aquatic life. It also means Enguarde most likely won't show up, but I hope he can at least make an appearance as transport above sea level or something.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print