Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1728720 times)

« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2006, 04:32:33 PM »
Mmmm, my brother has been beyond annoying this whole week. He's been anticipating the DS Lite since last April and kept track of the days until it was released. He was highly disappointed when my mom told him she can't afford it right now because she still hasn't received her paycheck. Instead of accepting this fact though, he became persistant, annoying and idiotic. He acts like he's having a seizure whenever he sees a commerical for the DS Lite (which is practically every time we're watching TV), he pretends it doesn't exist, he asks every day if either my mom or I have been paid yet and then he showed us a "Letter" from "Nintendo" that said the DS Lite is a cruel, sick joke and they only did it to show how much they hate him. In reality, it was just something he handwrote at school, though it was pretty obvious from when he first handed it to us. He's so spoiled he even went on an unsuccesful hunger strike to get my mom to cave and buy him the DS Lite. He doesn't even need it much considering in our household, we have 3 DS's. I really don't care if he has a mild case of Asperger's syndrome, it's still no excuse to act this immature, spoiled and dumb.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2006, 04:34:32 PM »
So were you upset about his annoyancy or spoiledness? (or both)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2006, 04:38:55 PM »
Dang, if he were my brother I'd smack the crap outta him.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2006, 05:44:40 PM »
He doesn't even need it much considering in our household, we have 3 DS's.

Holy cow!  He certainly does not need a DS Lite.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2006, 06:23:38 PM »
if you are annoyed with private message and tell or forum it to embaress him!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2006, 09:31:40 PM »
A note about "had to be there":

"Guess you had to be there" is not something you say after your own story. It is what you say after you tell your story and no one laughs. It means, "That story was not funny, but it seemed funny at the time." Writing it at the end of your story means, "This story is not funny."

« Reply #351 on: June 18, 2006, 03:02:01 PM »
Sorry.

« Reply #352 on: June 18, 2006, 03:29:22 PM »
Well, technically you were admitting you knew that the story probably wouldn't be funny to us, so it's CW's bad for telling you it wasn't funny.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #353 on: June 22, 2006, 08:16:31 PM »
Oh, hey, did I mention that things never go right for me? Because they don't.
~I.S.~

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #354 on: June 22, 2006, 09:44:05 PM »
Care to elaborate?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #355 on: June 22, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »
It's a series a couple months of little things with no positives at all to search for:

Today, I went to work (I work as a lifeguard at our town's public pool), and I was on stand on top of one of the waterslides. A few of the off-duty guards, one of who, I absolutely cannot stand whatsoever, took it upon themselves to constantly act like total jerks and break practically every pool rule going down the slide. Including stealing my guard tube and trying to slide down on it. Note that there's about a dozen children on the slide watching this.

So, after about 15 minutes of this crap, they all finally decide to go down the slide, all at once, which is really dangerous and against pool rules, obviously. I had it with them, and I shouted, about as loud as I could, "I HATE ALL OF YOU!" and flung my visor off the top of the slide in anger.

Oh, it turned out the superintendent of the town's parks and recreation department was there to hear me scream this at these off-duty guards. And I scared just about every child on the slide at the time I was there. I wound up getting a written reprimand because these complete idiots guards drove me to shout at them. And this may seriously jeopardize any chance I have of getting re-hired, becuase, you know, the superintendent was there. Granted, the guards that acted like this were treated similarly, but still. These people KNEW I was getting fed up with them, and persisted anyways until I did something serious enough to warrant disciplinary action. And then they walk up to me about 5 minutes after I tried to explain this to the manager and superintendent, and apologise like nothing happened. Screw them.

This crap happens all the time to me. Every single time I do anything good, it gets minimised to nothing. All my bad traits are immensely amplified until people start to notice and think I'm a bad person. I'm absolutely sick of this. All of it.

I wish it were 5 years from now, because adolescence so far has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever for me. I mean, things like this are petty compared to what a lot of people go through, but I was cursed with an obscenely short fuse when dealing with hardship or other people.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:09:35 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #356 on: June 22, 2006, 11:21:23 PM »
Those guys sound like complete -holes.  Pool safety is not a joke.  I hope they lose their jobs, not you.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #357 on: June 23, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »
I hope they drown while pretending they are mermaids because they are total idiots!
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #358 on: June 23, 2006, 12:03:22 PM »
You know IS, you remind me of someone. That someone is me. The same thing happens to me a lot, so that's probably why fuzzy thought I was being rude enen though I never intended to be.

« Reply #359 on: June 24, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
I officially have something against Sony. Their stupid BMG CD ruined my mom's computer 'cause of a rootkit that was installed! I HATE SONY!
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print