Poll

Which type of books do you like to read?

Mystery
Biographies
Auto-biographies
Fantasy
Poetry
Fables
Myths
Realistic fiction
Historical fiction
Science fiction
Non-fiction
Fairy tales
Reference
Horror
Novel
Graphic
Other (Explain)
Print

Author Topic: Your favorite book genre  (Read 4445 times)

« on: February 26, 2006, 02:53:53 PM »
Mine is Science Fiction.
I only watch [adult swim]

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 02:58:54 PM »
I voted for fantasy, but that's pretty much only because of the Harry Potter books.  Besides Harry Potter, most novels I read are science fiction. 

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 03:01:27 PM »
I can't choose just ONE!

I like at least three genres. Maybe a multiple choice option or change it to 3 options chosen.
That'll make a dude677 a happy one.
Most Wishy-Washy

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 03:10:04 PM »
Poll edited to allow up to 5 options, along with an "Other" answer, although enough of the major genres are covered to keep the poll.

I like non-fiction, more than fiction, usually. I checked "Other" because I like books like the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series or things like that which give all kinds of obscure and oftentimes entertaining trivia. A lot of funny things in those kinds of books.

If you like laughing at idiocy, I highly recommend the "Duh!" series. I can't remember the author, but it's basically a set of 3 books that recount hundred of stories of people saying and doing completely idiotic things. It's sort of like the Darwin Awards, except the person being stupid doesn't die every time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 03:14:13 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »
Yippe!
Now Me Happy!
*Claps hands*
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 03:36:42 PM »
I knew I was going to forget something, like comics or stuff, I'm reading a humorous book right now called "Beavis and Butthead's: Reading Sucks"  Its pretty funny.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 06:50:39 PM »
i don't read! nya nya nya nya nya nya nya!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 07:25:47 PM »
Thank you (once again) for bumping an old topic. Why don't newcomers understand that bumping topics is not good...
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 07:30:15 PM »
That "I don't read" comment disturbs me on so many levels. Sure things on printed paper are now obselete due to the internet but there's a huge amount of awesome books that really need to be read. At the very least, printed stories are better than poorly written fanfiction that we all end up wasting 5 minutes reading at some point in our lives.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »
This is a good topic, superstarMesiah. I like Historical Fiction, those involving recent wars such as WWII, Vietnam , Operation: Desert Storm or even the Cold War (which wasn't even a war.)  I also like reading about disasters like the San Fransico fire. I once read about a fictional man who fought in the SF fire and died. It was intresting, even though the guy wasn't real.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 07:52:35 PM »
Hmm... Does Wikipedia count as a book? Either way, I voted for Reference.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 08:49:08 PM »
not really either do magazines I,mean thier not books technicaly.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 08:33:47 AM »
Did you even vote? If not, please leave the thread.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 09:32:22 AM »
yes, I voted Other.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 08:17:50 PM »
i find that sci-fi is strange but i like them and reference books.

Print