Print

Author Topic: Are you working on a Mariopedia?  (Read 3356 times)

« on: June 15, 2006, 08:41:45 PM »
Is anyone working on a Mariopedia of their own? 

I am.  I've started listing a bunch of enemies for Super Mario 64, each with a name, description, species, the levels they're found in, and how many coins you get from defeating them.  I only have about 18 enemies so far though...

So...if you are working on a Mariopedia, how far have you gotten?

PS--Does anyone know if the Mariopedia on this site is going to updated again soon?  There's still some stuff missing. 

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:51:36 PM »
Not exactly, but sort of... I mean I've got a list of characters in the five Mario RPGs with descriptions for each and official art when possible, found here. Someday I'll expand upon it and include items, places and whatever else, but for now it's just characters. And as far as that goes, it's pretty much complete (though I should at least get a sprite of Smithy the way I got a small screenshot of The Shadow Queen.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 08:52:35 PM »
i.m doing one on wikipedia but i stoped because of unusual circumstances.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:17:45 PM »
The Super Mario version of Wikipedia.

http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Has more stuff than here.
Senior Mariology professor

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:20:28 PM »
Ha. Haahhaaa. Hahahahaa!!! HAAAAAAH!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your sarcasm overwhelms me.
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 09:24:40 PM »
Ha. Haahhaaa. Hahahahaa!!! HAAAAAAH!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your sarcasm overwhelms me.

^^ I will agree in a slightly less bombastic tone.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 09:59:39 PM »
PS--Does anyone know if the Mariopedia on this site is going to updated again soon?  There's still some stuff missing. 
We are working on a databased version, stay tuned.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 10:42:14 AM »
I once considered making a hand-written encyclopedia of all the Mario enemies, complete with hand drawn images. I would've been broken down into sections for each individual game. Reappearences wouldn't count as entries. I never got around to it. Maybe I could work on that over the summer.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 11:37:30 AM »

Seriously check it out. The descriptions of things are mostly more than one sentence. Plus there's more links, pics, and sections. It also has all the things TMK left out for the Paper Mario's.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 01:12:39 PM »
* Bird Person begins breathing again
Cough... I HAVE checked it out. Sure, it has more descriptive descriptions of characters and stuff, but it's really lacking anything else. Sure, TMK's Mariopedia has sentence-long descriptions, but in all actuality, most wikis dedicated to one thing have pages with content copied from the pages in the Wikipedia. If you're working on the Mario Wiki, that's good. Make it better.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 01:14:20 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 12:38:10 PM »
It would be better if we could get more people to help out with it.

Print