Print

Author Topic: Copying Nintendo...?  (Read 2435 times)

« on: June 16, 2006, 02:01:30 PM »
In Nickelodeon's Danny Phantom (Shuld be called Sucker Phanterd)and the song says "He's gonna catch em' all". Danny captures ghosts and Ash captures Pokemon. Do you think they copied Nintendo.

P.S.: I spammed the Nickelodeon forum before!

My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 02:15:02 PM »
Of course not! Those are just a song's lyrics that show what happens in the show. Just because Ash catches Pokemon and Danny catches ghosts doesn't mean that they are related and that one copied the other. Besides, Pokemon and ghosts are two different things. There isn't even evidence to say that they copied Nintendo. Lyrics to a song are not evidence.

(Sorry. I kind of get heated up in discussions like a lawyer. '^_^ )
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 03:09:59 PM »
In Nickelodeon's Danny Phantom (Shuld be called Sucker Phanterd)and the song says "He's gonna catch em' all". Danny captures ghosts and Ash captures Pokemon. Do you think they copied Nintendo.

P.S.: I spammed the Nickelodeon forum before!

ROFL. Nobody cares weather you spammed the Nick forum, and that is definatly not copying Nintendo. Lock please.

"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 03:16:10 PM »
This is bull. I think you just made this topic to insult Danny Phantom and Nickelodeon.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 03:22:59 PM »
I agree, I can say "gotta catch 'em all" and be talking about fish. Is that copyright infrengement?
Also, ghosts and pokemon are totally different things (with a few exceptions, like ghastly, and haunter) so the main concepts are different, so there is no real copyright infrengement.

I'm with cantthinkofaname, Please Lock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*gets on knees and starts begging and kissing the nearest mod's feet and rolling in puddles so the mods won't step in them*
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:02:33 PM by solidmushroom »

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 04:21:31 PM »
Although they used the word pokemon and a parody of the slogan "catch em' all" that may be a copy of Nintedo, But don't you think they'd get sued? that is unless they asked first.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »
Unnecassary Fact:

The tag line for Pokemon was originally going to be 'Catch 'em if you can' but it was changed due to some other thing havin a similar slogan.

PS: inb4lock

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:28 PM »
Although they used the word pokemon

They never used the word "pokemon" in one of their episodes.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 05:21:02 PM »
In after lock lolo

No, seriously. People say things that sound similar to other things all the time, sheesh. And take your hatred for Nickelodeon elsewhere. I agree that it's not nearly what it once was, but come on. At least back yourself up to prove your point instead of resorting to 1st grade sound-alike name changes.
~I.S.~

Print