Print

Author Topic: Are there 2 Baby Bowsers?  (Read 10492 times)

« on: June 16, 2006, 09:42:07 PM »
One day, I was playing Super Mario Sunshine when the thought occurred to me: are there two Baby Bowsers?  Because in SMS, NSMB, and MK:DD, Baby Bowser is depicted as Bowser's son, yet in Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island, and M&L:PiT, Baby Bowser is just a younger version of Bowser.

So are we dealing with two different characters here?  Because one is Bowser's son, and one is Bowser himself.  Bowser even refers to him as "son" at the end of Super Mario Sunshine.  This is weird, if you ask me...we could have a Bowser trio on our hands.

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:14:17 PM »
Umm, you kinda answered your own question.  They're two different people, bowsers son just looks like his dad as a kid.  I look like my Dad when he was a child so it's not that unusual
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:28:38 PM »
I know, I just thought it was weird how they're still both referred to as the same character: Baby Bowser.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »
Well, Bowser refers to his son as "junior" so maybe his name is Prince Bowser Koopa II
"I obstruct"

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »
I know, I just thought it was weird how they're still both referred to as the same character: Baby Bowser.

They're not. The one in the present day games is called Bowser Jr.. Check the Mario Kart: Double Dash!! character select screen.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 12:27:50 AM »
Bowser Junior (Super Mario Sunshine) is a thrice redundant character.  He is redundant as a miniature version of Bowser, because we already had Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island).  He is redundant as a child of Bowser, because we already had the Koopalings.  His alter ego Shadow Mario is redundant as an evil version of Mario, because we already had Wario.  That's why I hate the character Bowser Junior.  Nintendo seems to think we like him, though, since they keep putting him in Mario games.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 01:45:11 AM »
Nope, the one in Sunshine is Bowser Jr. No other name, just Bowser Jr.
Anyway, in M&L:PiT, it was Baby Bowser, not bowser Jr. Baby bowser used to be different: the original design of Baby Bowser had no horns, for example. I'd say that in PiT the complete change of Baby Bowser's appearance was made to make it seem as if Bowser Jr. was literally just like Bowser when he was a kid.
My opinions on Bowser Jr.? His voice is annoying, but that's something you'll have to endure a lot when you're a Mario fan *coughDaisycoughWAHOOOcough*. Putting him in NSMB was actually fine by me... the Koopalings would've done a better job, except that there are some worlds with more than one fortress and 7 wouldn't be enough... Bowser Jr. is better than digging up Boom-Boom, at least.
Conclusion: No. Two different characters.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 01:47:26 AM »
*coughDaisycoughWAHOOOcough*.

*evil laugh*

Anyway, I think all of the points have been covered in this topic. Still... I'm waiting for a game to show the Koopalings and BJ at the same time. It would be good.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 08:04:47 AM »
I'm pretty sure the Koopalings were Bowsers neices and nephews, not children.
"I obstruct"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
Uh, all the official Nintendo sources state that they are his kids.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 09:12:47 AM »
But whos there mother? That is if they are his kids Unless Bowser did peac... I wait there might be kids reading this like Chef.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 12:33:10 PM »
My opinions on Bowser Jr.? His voice is annoying, but that's something you'll have to endure a lot when you're a Mario fan

The woman who voiced him in Super Mario Sunshine voiced Iggy and Larry in the Mario cartoons, as well as Timmy Turner on The Fairly OddParents.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 12:35:22 PM »
WHY DIDN'T NINTENDO MAKE BOWSER JR. LOOK MORE LIKE THE KOOPALINGS!?

So many people would like him better if his design wasn't exactly the same as Bowser's when he was a baby.
Senior Mariology professor

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 01:02:58 PM »
Well, have you ever heard of a spitting image? If you think about it, it WAS a bit odd that none of the Koopalings really looked like Bowser...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 02:37:29 PM »
and how many koopa kids are there?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print