Print

Author Topic: Your favorite part(s) about Super Mario Sunshine?  (Read 16379 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 06:06:59 PM »
I've noticed a few subtle differences between Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. has tiny horns on his forehead. Baby Bowser does not.
Baby Bowser has spikes on the bracelets on his arms. Bowser Jr. does not.*

If the fact that he looks just like his father as a child (which doesn't seem so odd to me, as lots of children look like their parents when they were young, because, you know, their DNA are pretty much the same) really annoys people, I'm just going to have to scratch my head on that one.

*Yes, I'm aware that these differences do not exist in PiT. I don't care.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 06:24:33 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that that the Koopalings got their looks from the mother, whoever she may be.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 08:20:51 AM »
Clark already stated one of my favorite parts so I'll state another:

Il Piantissimo. He's actually the Marathon Man from OoT.

I beat the Marathon Man.............on Super Mario Sunshine!  I should say that on one of the Zelda forums and stick it to all the n00bs that claimed to have beaten him in OoT.

My favorite part of of SMS is the blabbering sounds Toadsworth makes when you squirt him. 
I don't like the Piantas on SMS, but I think those mafia Piantas on PM:TTYD are kind of cool.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 06:41:23 PM »
Bowser Jr. has tiny horns on his forehead. Baby Bowser does not.
Baby Bowser has spikes on the bracelets on his arms. Bowser Jr. does not.*

Horns is the only thing differnt, and the bracelets isn't part of his body.

Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 04:28:43 AM »
Maybe the horns aren't, either.  They could be taped on.  HUH.

I seem to remember a lot of good things about Mario Sunshine--so many, in fact, that it's much more tempting to point out the things I didn't like.  Anyway, it was a good game that grew on me as the years went on.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 03:50:51 PM »
It was a dissapointment that SMS didn't include the people and the giant widget-spout-like object that walks around everywhere...
The prototype level layouts look slightly better than the current ones.

But those don't change the fact that it was a really good game.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 10:52:07 PM »
I liked how they stuck with the tropical theme throughout.  It really gave the game a fresh, new flavor, and we got some really cool, original levels out of it, too. 

Of course, sticking to the theme limited the level selection too, so it's kind of a mixed blessing.  Still, I had a blast on Isle Delfino with FLUDD. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 09:46:52 AM »
I liked the end where u fought bowser and bowser jr.( it was so easy) and when you got to go on the island at the end. The island that takes you by a boat. There is a fee of 5 coins.
Dee to the third power dude

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 06:02:59 PM »
I like the graphics (advanced stuff, like reflections, getting dirt on you and being able to wash off) and the scenery (coloring, models, overall look). Even if I was dissappointed with the size of each level (the pictures made the game look alot bigger IMO) and the final boss, I can still relish the graphics, and they are still pretty good to this day, when most games the "wow" effect usually wears off in the next month.

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 06:42:43 PM »
Probably one of the coolest things was when Delfino got flooded.

Heh, the shroom Pianta says, "Now I don't care what happens! Woooooooo!"

The tropical theme ( while beauftiful as it was ) could have had some changes like night versions of the other levels. Pina Parks rides all lite up...

Cruisen around with Yoshi on Gelato Beach at night with the Sand Birds light gizmo glowing...

Ooooooo the pwnage.....

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 05:21:12 PM »
Hearing Bowser talk, I guess. I'll never understand why people hate his voice.

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 09:25:35 AM »
Bowser's voice is awesome, and it too is my favorite moment in the game.

Seeing Bowser interact with Jr., showing he's really a good dad, was really cool too.
I'll think of a better signature later!

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 08:49:50 AM »
Bowser's voice is awesome, and it too is my favorite moment in the game.

Seeing Bowser interact with Jr., showing he's really a good dad, was really cool too.

Yeah. It's really disappointing to play current Mario games and read his subtitles while hearing him make an occaisonal roar, when we know that he could just speak it all out.

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 08:54:16 AM »
Additionally, Super Mario Sunshine was the only game to have a whole lot of real voice-acted dialouge, a feature games before greatly lacked.

I think if Bowser's going to talk again, it'll probably be in Mario Galaxy, since it is in the same gameplay style/feel of SM64/Sunshine. Let's hope so.
I'll think of a better signature later!

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 08:01:28 PM »
They should have made his voice sound less like Randy Savage.

Print