Print

Author Topic: Dream-casting for the next Mario RPG  (Read 6768 times)

« on: June 22, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »
Let's say Nintendo called you up and told you about their next Mario RPG.  They tell you that obviously it will star Mario, but it will have a multi-party member system ala the original Super Mario RPG.   But they're totally stumped on what four characters to make party members.  They also aren't sure who they want for the main villain and his/her/its sidekick.  They also need a good basic premise for the story. 

Who and what would you pick?  Would you cast characters from previous games, or new ones that you created? 

I know for a fact that I'd want Luigi and Yoshi as party members... and I'd definitely cast either Tatanga or Wario as the villain, but after that I'm not sure.  I think I'd want a couple new guys for party members... perhaps a new female character with a drastically un-Peach personality. 

Who would you cast?
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 09:27:13 PM »
All the Mario RPGs out introduce entire new areas and characters.  Excluding PM1, the main enemies were new.  Wario has also seemed to have lost interest in Mario ecluding a bit of a rivalry.  New story lines and new lands always sell more than repeated tired yellow people. 
I'd like to see a Mario MMORPG
You choose either the Koopa Kingdom or Mushroom Kingdom.
Your race depends on your class and side.
Warriors: Toad - Koopa Troopa
Rogues:   Mouser - Bandit
Mages: Shaman - Magikoopa
Kingdom Specific classes would include Cavilier for the Mushies, a Toad who fights on and with a Yoshi, and Aviators for the Koopas, a paratrropa basically.
The main characters such as Mario, Bowser, Luigi, Kammy Koopa, and even old allies like old PM party members would make appearances as quest hubs.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 02:04:23 AM »
The thread title made me think of September 9th for some reason.

Here's how I'd do it:  Mario and Luigi.  Then, Princess and Toad and all the other Toads (not Toadsworth or any other Toad who has a name).  Throw in some Bowser, add a little Yoshi for flavor, and BAM!  You've got Pasta Mario 2.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 02:47:33 AM »
yeah butt,where's Pasta Mario 1??
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 04:14:37 AM »
I had this idea a while back that to my surprise is already being used in Super Paper Mario. The character-swapping side-scrolling gameplay though, not the story...

The story consisted of Princess Peach finally installing a security system run by a super computer in her castle so Bowser's attempts at kidnapping her would be futile. Angered, Bowser hires a team of hackers to plant a virus into the sercurity system and shut it off without Peach's knowing. One day, when Princess Peach is having a party with Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Yoshi, Bowser crashes the party and grabs ahold of the princess. However, it turns out a glitch in the virus caused the security system to malfunction instead of turn off. The malfunction no longer makes it so intruders cannot get in, but now they cannot get out. As a result, the five characters are held hostage in the Princess's Castle by the damaged super computer. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, and Bowser have to help each other destroy the computer and end chaos.

It would have been like a side-scrolling RPG where you were able to swap characters and each would have a different ability (Luigi jumps highest, Toad can go into tight spots, Peach's umbrella allows her to jump from high places). The final boss would of course be the Super Computer CPU, armed with tons of its own weapons.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 07:19:34 AM »
yeah butt,where's Pasta Mario 1??
Hrm... The original Pasta Mario was released for the Virtual Boy in the year 2004, so nobody--not even Nintendo--knew about it.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 09:20:36 AM »
That CPU game sounds alot like that movie, I think its called 2001: a Space Oddesy.  You know, the super computer that takes over and kills people.  It can read lips, it says "Good Morning Dave" you know what I'm talking about.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 09:42:35 AM »
Okay, here's an idea

Bowser has had with Mario. Kidnapping the Princess is just not good enough anymore. So instead of taking her like he always does, he has decided to simpley blow the Kingdom of the face of the...........well, Kingdom. Bringing together his best Koopa Mecaniks (yes, that's Mecaniks, with a K) he begins construction on a Dooms Day Machine. The problem is, he's working with Koopas. Koopas just aren't that smart. It's going to take awhile, enough for Mario and friends to travel through mabey 7 worlds or 8.

Anyway, a spy within' the ranks of Bowser leaks information to Mario that this weapon is being constructed. Mario has no idea who this is, but he gathers an army to take a full frontal assualt to Bowser himself. Sadly, the Toads are defeated at the hands of new MechaKoopas the regular Koopas built to pilot the new machine. Mario retreats with the remaining soilders.

Back at the Mushroom Kingdom, Luigi waits for his brother to return with good news. Mario returns and tells Luigi what happened. All hope is lost untl a secret message from the spy arives at the house. It says, "Regarding your recent defeat: My former master has constructed 1/4 of this new machine. He doesn't know, but this Dooms Day device is nothing compared to the power of the 8  shards of the sword. This sword, which I had just discovered recently to my trip to DryDry desert, is the key to destroying Bowser and his machine. You may find this useful..............Message End."

Inside the note is a large shard. Mario is filled with the lust for adventure. He gets Luigi to travel all over the map with him, along with Wario(who's a good guy) and Yoshi, with a few more party members.

Heros:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Yoshi
4. Wario
5. I can't think of anyone right now.

Villians:
1. Bowser
2. Kamek
3. MADD (The Dooms Day Device)
4. Spy (?)

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 11:06:25 AM »
Personally, I think it doesn't get any better than SMRPG and Super-Star Saga! ^_^
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 11:51:30 AM »
I always wanted a Mario RPG with a customizable party. The options would consist of every character that's been playable in the Mario universe so far, with a few new ones, such as Stanley, Foreman Spike and Pauline. It would span a number of worlds, including Sub-con and Kitchen Island. And the main villain could be unseen for the majority of the game until the end, where his true appearance would come as a shocker. How does this sound?

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 06:18:58 PM »
Captain Syrup, Tatanga and the original 7 Koopa Kids really need to return. Let Mario fight more villains more often.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 06:43:55 PM »
That sorta goes hand-in-hand with my idea, as there would also be a number of bosses to suit the number of worlds I mentioned. Heck, with the way I want this game to be made, it should be entitled "Super Mario Reunion" or something.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 10:19:33 PM »
I'd love to see all the forgotten villains rise up and form a Council of Forgotten Doom. 
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 08:04:08 AM »
That sounds like a good idea for a plot to my game. I suppose Bowser would have to be a playable character then. As for the title, I think "Super Mario Universe" sounds the best. Waddaya think, folks?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 07:24:25 PM »
Well my Idea is TOO LATE!In Super Paper Mario acording to Wikipedia Bowser atempts to ACTIOUALY MARRY Princess Peach!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print