Print

Author Topic: I've come extremely close to beating Tetris Attack!  (Read 1725 times)

« on: July 25, 2002, 11:57:01 AM »
So, do you guys own Tetris Attack?  I've owned it for a while, and with me and my sister, we're unstoppable at the game.  I've made it all the way to Bowser on Hardest mode, but I haven't yet beaten him.  What happens when you do beat him?  Something different, or does that little dumb*** Little Yoshi come?

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 06:08:51 PM »
I own it but I have never beaten it on hard. I'll bet the same thing happens as in all the other endings though.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 07:21:12 PM »
It took me exactly 50 Continues to beat Hard. In other words, I really suck at it.

Oh well, maybe I'd be better at it with an SNES controller on an SNES, I only have the ROM.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 7/25/2002 6:22:14 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2002, 08:09:28 AM »
I beat hard a LONG time ago.  I'm talking about "hardest", that's a secret mode that can be launched with a combination of buttons.  Now that's next to impossible!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 09:55:04 PM »
"Next to impossible". lol.

I can beat hardest mode WITHOUT CONTINUING 75% of the time! Of course Tetris Attack is my all-time favorite video game, but still....

Ah well, sorry about that, I got a rush of condesendicism and... never mind.

Bowser is really easy (for me, anyway)! I personaly find Naval Piranha on Hardest to be the most difficult foe in the game... Here's a little hint:

On the title screen, hit B, A, L, L on it. Bowser falls like a domino, even though you gave him no distinct advantage. It simply makes it so that the game is lost IMMEDIATLY when the screen hits the top, not like in normal mode, where it pauses a bit so that Boswer can clear that one tower off to the side he always leaves up there.

Anyway, I don't use that trick much anymore, I don't really need it to win....

But I once trapped Bowser so that he had NO possible clears. That is, there was no way possible to make a row of 3 tiles. That amused me...

Anyway, for different endings, it only really changes if you do it without continues. Of course, use the same non-Yoshi character for the 4 Cave of Wickedness fights for a slightly different ending. (I always use Gargantua Blargg. Don't know why, I just always do.)

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

Print