Print

Author Topic: Feel any Remorse?  (Read 9777 times)

« on: October 10, 2005, 11:14:57 AM »
We all know that in the main Mario games, there are many enemies. Do you feel sad trying to kill them? I do. In PM:TTYD, I feel sorry for killing goombas and Hammer Bros.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 12:07:07 PM »
No. Technically, they try to kill me first. I feel more remorse for you that this is your 105th topic.

Hurry Up The Cakes!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 12:20:46 PM »
If they are cute and aren't one of those enemies that are so annoying that you go out of your way just to make them die, then probably.  I guess I feel sorry for the koopa troopas in SM64.  They just try to run away, and then after you steal their shell and they're standing there in their underwear (wow, all three kinds of "there"s), and you run them over with their own shell and they die.  It's so sad... but worth a blue coin? Heck yes!

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 12:33:32 PM »
What's wrong with me posting another topic? I know this is my 105 topic.

Mario, Mario, He''''s our man, If he can''''t triple-jump and ground pound no one can!

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 12:50:05 PM »
I'm just feeling a little annoyed today. Sorry about that.

Hurry Up The Cakes!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 01:24:42 PM »
Forget that noise; Aarom, you make way too many topics.

Edit: Oh yeah, that topic at hand, no I don't feel remorse for removing particular sprites or 3D images from the screen.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TEM on 10/10/2005 12:26:18 PM

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 01:25:27 PM »
I always feel bad about taking those duck things away, in Yoshi's Island and using them for ammunition.
And the penguins in the same game don't really try to hurt you. They're probably my favorite Mario enemies.
And then there's that giant chain chomp that follows behind you, eating the ground, until you make it to the end. It always makes me feel a little bad when it busts its tooth and it cries a little teardrop.
I would've felt sorry for those monkeys if they weren't so unbelievably irritating.
The portrait ghosts in luigi's mansion aren't really bad, but you don't actually hurt them.
And Bowser is one of my favorite characters, although he usually deserves it.

I never really thought of the enemies as real characters. I wonder if there's, like, a Mrs. Hammer Brother that has to mourn the unfortunate death of her husband by fireball.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 03:11:50 PM »
Haha, removing 3D images or sprites. I know I post too many topics, but now I can't post anymore?

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground pound no one can!

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 04:06:16 PM »
No I don't. If there is one rule in the Mario universe, it's this, if it is hideous, has large teeth, shoots flames, and attacks me before I can attack it, then i don't feel remorse. Maybe Mario has those bad dreams where he walks through the woods then 100,000,000 of his rivals come and try to suck his brain? Then he wakes up and says "Mama Mia!! I better stop eating Mushrooms before I sleep, they are giving me nightmares." I can see it now, "Resident Mario, coming to you soon enough."

I''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 05:31:15 PM »
Aarom, you should just limit your topic-making. Although the guideline says "Avoid making too many topics in a day", creating a topic a day (or more than 2 a week) won't let you slip through. Whenever you have a random idea or thought to share, I'd suggest putting it into an existing topic where people share random ideas, that way people might discuss it without the need of a whole new topic.

Hurry Up The Cakes!

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 10/10/2005 4:32:38 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 07:24:24 PM »
Hitting the Whacka in PM & PMTTYD is so cruel.

You''re all my http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memyffffs3bi.png "> FFFFs . My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 07:26:30 PM »
Hitting the Whacka in PM & PMTTYD is so cruel.

You''re all my http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memyffffs3bi.png "> FFFFs . My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 07:38:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've created less than 20 threads in the 3 or 4 years that I've been a member here.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 10/10/2005 6:41:23 PM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »
Vid, I am right with you on that one. BU tI don't even think that I have created THAT many.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 07:50:33 PM »
Uhhh... hmmm.  Yeah, I'm with Markio with the koopa troopas in 64 thing.  Those poor koopas.  How would you feel if some dude jumped on you so that you had to run around in your underwear?  I wouldn't like that so much.

Otherwise, no.

(EDIT): Oh yeah, hitting that Whacka is pretty cruel.  Poor little Whacka dude.  He should wear a helmet.

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 10/10/2005 6:51:33 PM
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 07:57:14 PM »
Ok, fine. Aarom's posted a lot of threads. SO WHAT. We don't need comments about it every single time Aarom posts a new thread. I mean, I can count the number of threads I've posted the three and a half years here on my hands, but you don't hear me complaining about this on every new thread.

Besides, this can be an interesting discussion topic.

Me? I've never felt any remorse killing Mario enemies. I really haven't. I mean, I've wasted a decent amount of Mario's lives in, say, SM64 running to the top of a tall level and jumping off to see how far Mario falls before he hits the floor somewhere. (I've done the same thing off the snowman in Banjo-Kazooie I don't know how many times. Honestly.)

Since I have no qualms with killing the heroes for my own sadistic purposes, what problems exist with killing off the enemies?

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 08:25:50 PM »
"Oh yeah, hitting that Whacka is pretty cruel. Poor little Whacka dude. He should wear a helmet."

Accursed cookie-relative link.  It should work now.

Go Moon!

Edited by - Fifth on 10/10/2005 9:48:33 PM

Go Moon!

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 08:30:22 PM »
Nice touch having the Whacka wear a "No image to display" helmet.

As for the question at hand...

NO.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2005, 08:34:49 PM »
How do you check how many topics you've made? I'm guilty of creating quite a few myself...

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 09:23:30 PM »
"Uhhh... hmmm. Yeah, I'm with Markio with the koopa troopas in 64 thing. Those poor koopas. How would you feel if some dude jumped on you so that you had to run around in your underwear? I wouldn't like that so much."

Hey, in Super Mario World and Paper Mario, they only wore tanktops under their shells. I'd say that's more embarassing than in SM64.

"How do you check how many topics you've made? I'm guilty of creating quite a few myself..."

I don't think you've created as many as Aarom has.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 10/10/2005 8:25:02 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 09:30:06 PM »
C'mon, that's a little rude.

It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 10:09:08 PM »
They looked like plain ol' T-shirts to me in SMW.  Maybe that's why they crawled on the ground after they're "de-shelled", so they can hide... I'll stop there.

The quality of threads matters more than the quantity.  That's what Luigison always tells me when I mention my post count.

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 10:46:52 PM »
I never felt remorse for killing anything in a videogame ever...

...except Whacka! *cry*

Lizards in zoos are really dudes - dudes using disguises everyday.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 11:43:17 PM »
Going through the extra effort to fireball a flopping cheep cheep in SMW is kind of mean... no wait, that's just funny.
I never feel bad about killing a Chargin Chuck, though.

Why do they give electric toothbrushes names like there are different models? They''re not cars!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2005, 12:06:22 AM »
"They looked like plain ol' T-shirts to me in SMW. Maybe that's why they crawled on the ground after they're "de-shelled", so they can hide... I'll stop there."

Oh right, T-Shirts. Tanktops in Paper Mario (I think). But they don't really need to hide anything, because you get a "full-on" shot of a koopa once a Fuzzy takes a Koopa's shell in PM. This only happens once in the entire game, and occurs in a split second, so getting a screenshot'd be tough.

....I must go shower now, because I feel dirty.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 10/10/2005 11:09:54 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2005, 12:26:05 AM »
The sprites are blurry anyway (well at least blurrier than they seemed before PM2)

Why do they give electric toothbrushes names like there are different models? They''re not cars!
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005, 11:06:34 AM »
I now know what a Whacka is, so this post is now useless...

Edited by - Markio on 10/11/2005 12:05:43 PM

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2005, 05:01:15 PM »
Dude, it is a viedo game. I dont feel bad killing guys in Goldeneye,I don't feel bad killing walking mushrooms (Goombas), or even Koopas in Mario.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2005, 05:48:51 PM »
True, but with all the death and embarrassment, I feel about them. Like in PM:TTYD Kolorado's dad died.

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground pound no one can!

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 04:10:32 PM »
Kolorado's from PM right?

Mario and Luigi They''re our men, If they can''t triple-jump and ground pound no one can!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/12/2005 5:35:02 PM

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 06:26:24 PM »
Shooting games never made me feel sad, i mean, they are the bad guys right? Right?

I''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!

EDIT: Haha!! I'm so dumb. I forgot to click the HTML box!!

I''''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!

Edited by - dude677 on 10/12/2005 6:28:10 PM

Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 06:36:38 PM »
Unless if it's one of your allies possessed.

Your sig- If you want to make your text move, you must always remember to check the HTML box. I see you forgot to check HTML.

Like this. Edit my post to see.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/12/2005 5:37:56 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 11:50:50 PM »
Well yeah. Kolorado's from PM. And so are Kalifornia and Konnecticut.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2005, 07:36:43 AM »
I never played PM yet so I have yet to see.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2005, 10:56:09 AM »
But in the Mariopedia, Kooper is the partner. So what does Kolorado do?

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2005, 11:48:13 AM »
Kolarado is just a character. He's an archeologist who helps you out.

Lizards in zoos are really dudes - dudes using disguises everyday.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2005, 12:47:39 PM »
Oh, I love the visceral rush of seeing my enemies fall under a hail of vengeful blows from my fists of fury. I feel no remorse as I destroy ranks of Goombas, even though they probably have children. Heck, they probably ARE children. But they are also in the way of my goal of beating the game. So they must DIIIIEE.

Yes, I realize how crazy I sound right now.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2005, 03:06:30 PM »
Peh...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2005, 07:55:10 PM »
Glorb, that's hilarious.

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2005, 01:27:56 PM »
I feel remorse playing MP and when I beat Mario or Luigi and they say "Oh, I lost." I cry.

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2005, 09:32:53 PM »
On and off I feel remorse.  It's pretty random when I do feel bad for them.  When I used to play SMB sometimes I would try to hit every enemy but other times when I missed one I would just forget about them and let them live.  But when you think about it, most of them will probably fall into a bottomless pit anyway so it doesn't really matter.  Some are as fragile as flies and I shall swat the flies and return to sanity!  SWAT!  But in all depends on the game and stuff.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2005, 11:42:36 PM »
I'm with Insane Steve. In Goldeneye, I regularly shoot Natalya, get out several mines and blow myself up. Then, in SM64, I throw Mario off mountains, throw the Baby Penguin repeatedly off a cliff, fly Mario into walls, drown him in moats, suffocate him in noxious gases, throw him into water, hit him with Koopa shells, put bananas in front of him, and steal items from him. So, no, I don't feel any remorse.

I''''ve noticed something amongst some people''''s signatures- they''''re not always perfektt.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2005, 12:18:49 AM »
In Final Fantasy II (not a Mario game, I know) I desperately tried to turn my allies into frogs. I turned Leon into one and it was hilarious.

Oh, and on SMS I dive in the sludge on 2-1. You can make a long line of sludge, then the sludge things come out and I use them to trap the officer dudes.

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2005, 08:17:40 AM »
I feel sorry for Luigi because he never gets any spotlight lately.

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2005, 03:31:33 PM »
"Forget that noise; Aarom, you make way too many topics."

I'm sick of this noise.  You're probably posting way more than Aarom is by just replying to his topics and telling him he's making too many.

I like Aarom, he's got a creative mind, and I always enjoy reading his topics.  Who cares if he makes too many, it's not like you're contributing well by complaining.

I always like coming here and having new topics to read, instead of the same old stuff with 1000+ replies.

If I had some good ideas, I'm sure I'd post a lot too, but I don't so I'll leave that to Aarom.

Hail Aarom!

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2005, 03:34:34 PM »
Well, they seem kinda brainless, so it doesn't hurt my feelings to give 'em a good smack on the head.

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2005, 03:40:26 PM »
Well I have a quarter of a brain most of the time.

Print