Print

Author Topic: Next-Gen stinks  (Read 17872 times)

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2005, 08:26:06 AM »
Do you get an allowance? If you do, I suggest that you can do these things.

-Don't waste electricity or water.
-Sell your NES to N64 games. You can play them again right?

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2005, 08:55:14 AM »
I got a job at 13.

I quit at 14. I'm 16 now, and unemployed. I don't know how I'll be purchasing the Revolution, but I'm not looking that far down the road.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2005, 09:01:21 AM »
Good luck getting it!

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2005, 01:08:27 PM »
I can't sell my NES games. They belong to my cousin.
I want to work at the pet store (you know, cause of the birds) but I'd have to wait until I was 18 and I'd also have to work with spiders....
And even if I did get a job it would end up being community service hours. I need 18 more.

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2005, 01:18:44 PM »
"The tiny morsels of tech specs are pretty much identical to the GameCube's, and that controller...it can't possibly be usable. It's shaped like a DVD remote and comes with a detachable analog stick, but -surprise, surprise- you can't play DVDs on it without a special bulky DVD attachment that sticks out and costs a lot of money. Hey, if I want a GameCube with a weird controller, I'll just buy one at GameStop and try to control it with a potato."

I agree. The other day, I picked up my DVD remote and said, "There is no way I'll be able to play anything with this......" Why can't the blasted thing look and feel like the Gamecube controler? It was almost perfect.

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2005, 01:36:51 PM »
But seriously, the REV's controller can be suitable for leftys and rightys.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 01:50:08 PM »
Okay, to answer the DVD conundrum: NO!! THERE WILL NOT BE DVD SUPPORT! It HAS been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that the Revolution will not play DVDs, and I quote Satoru Iwata on this, "We don't want them [the consumers] to spend extra money just to have the DVD-player capability." Never mind that adding DVD support is not only practically required these days and that it adds only about $10 to the overall price, but the DVD player option is sold seperately. And it will cost much more than $10. Not that I don't like Nintendo (I love them) but I seriously doubt their logic sometimes.
Like when they refused Sony's deal to make the PlayStation an SNES add-on and ultimately lost the SNES's credibility.
Or when they decided to keep the cartridges for the N64, driving up game costs to well over $60 and making the PS one more popular again, this time dethroning Nintendo as the king of video game hardware.
Or when they gave the GameCube that wierd button layout. Okay, I admit, I'm just a big grouch when it comes to nonconventional button layouts, but still...

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2005, 01:54:21 PM »
1. You're shouting.
2. The REV will play DVDs. There are 2 slots for the CDs
3. While I do know that this is your opinion, Do you judge before you try? It's like saying vegetables suck without trying them.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2005, 03:17:53 PM »
I wish you were all depressed grownups, then none of this would matter & you'd be more mature.

Yes, Luigison is a grownup, but not depressed, as far as I know.  That's the thing, I don't know, so I can't make any claims on it.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2005, 04:33:07 PM »
I agree with Glorb 100%.

I have absolutely no faith in the next generation of systems, because the current generation wasn't that good at all.  Even though I hate PS2 and XBOX, I can't say that I really found a lot of GameCube games that I enjoyed.

The new systems look fancy, are expensive, but I doubt they will deliver anything magical or original that is really eye-catching.  I predict a lot more spin-offs and crappy sequels.

I have no intentions of buying a revolution, not because I don't like Nintendo, but because I doubt that it will be an outstanding system with a lot of good games.  NES and SNES took that cake, and they haven't been able to live up to those two magical consoles.

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2005, 05:13:03 PM »
Isn't the REV going come out in 2 bundles?

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/15/2005 4:26:05 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2005, 05:19:49 PM »
When Satoru Iwata said "We don't want them [the consumers] to spend extra money just to have the DVD-player capability," he meant was forced to. If you don't want a Revolution with DVD capability, fine; you'll pay less. With the DVD adapter, you'll pay a bit more. Yeesh.

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2005, 05:24:42 PM »
There is no reason to argue. These are all people's opinions and they may be wrong, but people believe what they want to believe. I mean that Toddathon said he didn't like New School. Sure I was mad a little, but that's what he believes. I would let that opinion go. Why do you care about what other people say? Well, you can argue if it's wrong, but if it's a statement like Toddathon's, just let it go.

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2005, 10:00:39 PM »
Glorb's entitled to his opinion, yes.

We don't have to agree with it, though.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2005, 03:25:46 PM »
I definately don't "hate" new school.  In fact I do enjoy a portion of it, but I must admit that it just isn't what I used to be.  They used to deliver so much more for so much less, and the games were catchier and more re-playable back then.  Now it seems like they're not even trying anymore.  I mean they don't have time for one more platform Mario game, yet they can come out with Mario Party's 4-7, baseball, tennis, golf, etc.

Print