Print

Author Topic: Cliques: Which are you In?  (Read 8029 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: November 22, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
Yes, good old cliques. The "seperating system" between most school children. But, unlike most infer, cliques aren't only in high school, there are also many cliques in elementary school and college. But my question is: which are/were you in?

If you're not sure here is my summarization of all that is clique-related, (as far as I know).

To start I would like to mention how kids are catergorized in the elementary. First off, there's the Cootie-Face. This is a boy/girl who is usually of the opposite sex of the one calling him/her a Cootie-Face. They usually are outcasts to the other kids, because once somebody is called a Cootie-Face, others tend to agree, just fit in with in crowd. There's also the Teacher's Pet. The suck-up to all school faculty. He/she is either looking for a better grade or just gets along with adults well. Like Cootie-Faces, when declared a Teacher's Pet, you are an outcast for a short to long period of time. But, other than these too, in elementary, kids are all on the same means of social status.

Now, the big clique years are junior and senior high school. This is when people start to "find themselves." Well, I might as well start off with the most shallow cliques, known as Preps. Now, not all Preps are shallow, but most are just hopless romantics, or just trying to make other kids look worse. Most Preps usally look just for a good body in a relationship, which is the worst way to judge that sort of thing. Oh, and if you are wearing an Ambercrombie shirt right now, you are most certainly a Prep. An off-clique of Preps are Jocks, not to say that any other clique member can't be a Jock. But, as most of you know, Jocks are categorized as the sports guys or gals who are at the top of athletic ability. But, to move on, let's discuss another clique, Goths. Goths are usually distinguished as liking the darker side of things, and listening to heavy metal bands like Slipknot or Korn. (Sorry, no backwards R). Athough many people can't understand this clique and infer that they're extremely annoying. Many can't see past the peircings and heavy amounts of eyeshadow to the real, actually troubled souls that are inside. Most Goths do these things because there are troubles at home, or just to rebel against corporate America. But I suppose that is more of a Punk thing. Punks are like Diet Goths. A little less dark, and a little more spunky. Although they have the same stubborn additude against Preps and Jocks. These four cliques seem not to understand each other. You may see a Punk listen to Green Day and Blink 182, rather than the heavier type of music. They usually wear skate shoes...Adios, Etnies, or Elements, and might be wearing a concert T-shirt. But, one the other spectrum of the school is the Geeks/Nerds/Dorks. Every one dipicts them as really uncool and desperate for a friend, but I can assure you that if you try to get to know them, they will be a very good friend. Plus, they can do your math homework for you. Possibly the smartest clique, these folks get a kick out of long books and INTERNET MESSAGE BOARDS. XD, just kidding guys, you ain't dorks. But, dorks are cool, and they are interested in very fun things. I know a lot of Preps who secretly really enjoy making Lego Star Wars. No joke. Next clique. Gangsters, you know, the ones with their liscened jerseys hanging down to their knees, and the saggy shorts. Usually listen to hip-hop/rap music. Now, if I catogorize this group any further, I'll probably get beat up, because I'm not a Gangster, and that's how it works, my friends. A few last cliques include what I like to call the In-Betweenies. Just the guys or girls who are not really part of any clique, but hang out with a select few from each clique. There are a few more off-cliques I'd like to metion. There's the cheerleader, cutter, stoner, skater, snitch, drifter, and of course the freshman. HA HA! 

College. Now there's only a few here. By now, most people are focusing on their grades, or possibly parties. There's the infamous Frat Boy. They are the men one the frontline of the party ego. Drinking is their oyster. But, they are usually very very loud and obnoxious, and looking for cheap thrills, but all I can say is, toga on, my drunk friend. But there are the Hippie-Peace people. We thought they died off in the late 70's but no. They come back in our schools. It's these and the intuectall types that make up most of the collegefront. But, I wouldn't know as well as some, but I do live near a campus, so I get used to these college cliques.

So there we have it. The complicated divide of the schools, with interlocking groups, drifing together and away as they please, but all of this makes my brain hurt. But, back to my main question. WHICH ARE YOU IN? Any thoughts?

P.S. Not trying to be stereo-typical, but this is what I see in these cliques, and many agree with me.

ALSO NOTE: Do you think that just because somebody writes about something, that means he/she agrees with it? If so, why are there so many books about the Holocaust and 9-11? All I am saying is that, like many of you, I also think cliques are very shallow, I just find it interesting to discuss.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 09:54:53 AM by ledzeppelinrocks »
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 09:00:28 PM »
Cheerleader.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 09:22:14 PM »
In-Betweeny leaning on nerd.

I am in high school, and at lunch I sit with a bunch of these nerdy guys who really like talking about Star Wars (constantly), along with these goth-ish people, who are surprisingly happy a lot of the time, never swear...and are obsessed with oreos(?)  So, I guess it's just how they dress and are crazy about films by Tim Burton.  And there's also this one hippie guy.  He has long hair, is a vegetarian, and says "dude" a lot in a tone of voice that sounds like he's stoned. 
Anyways, I am in the honors classes, and I do enjoy Star Wars.  I never wear pollo shirts or abercrombie, and am very annoyed by preps.  So...there you have it.

(P.S., I'm also in band......yeah).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 09:24:16 PM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 10:46:07 PM »
I'm in no clique. I'm not an in betweener either. None of my friends are stereotypical in anyway. Fight the school cliques. Crusade against the masses.

You can't stop me from being unique and I'm not wearing a shirt to say that cause I have a mouth to do it for me. No TV or iPod will ever change my stance. If you smeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllll, what The Rock.....is......cookin'.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 10:59:58 PM »
This post was way too long. If I were to go along with your strange classification system, I'd say geek/nerd/hippie-peace person/intellectual type.
Yeah.
TBT's goth-ish people sound cool.
But I don't really go along with this classification system, and think classifying people is shallow and a waste of time and way too many people are obsessed with being in groups.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 11:35:11 PM »
In-betweeny, but I sometimes changed. I was a lot more of a nerd in primary school than in secondary school.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 11:38:29 PM »
Nintendo/Mario fanboy.  Does that count?  Actually, I really like most Nintendo and Mario games, but I'm not a Nintendo only guy.  I play games like We <3 Katamari, DDR Extreme, EyeToy, Lego Star Wars, The Simpsons Hit 'n Run, etc.  Hmmm.  Maybe I'm just a "gamer". 

http://users.ign.com/collection/dennisshows

I also may fit into some sort of science geek group.  I read a lot of science books, mags, etc.  Way too many to list here.

I'm also into science fiction.  Particularly hard, strange, and speculative science fiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_science_fiction

Stephen Baxter
Isaac Asimov
Douglas Adams
Fredrik Pohl
Philip K. weenus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick

I am likewise interested in tech like computers/electronics, programming, and industrial design.

So that's, Techie Gamer Science Geek.  I'm also a humanistic moderate.  Hmmm.  I could list stuff all day. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 01:42:24 AM »
What about Heinlein, Luigison? I fit in best in the "Ian" clique-- That is to say, there is no geek clique in my environment. I might be a fantastic geek elsewhere, but my surroundings have no place for geeks. Either that, or they're all in hiding. Top cliques where I live: Preps, cheerleaders, partying, depressed, and the "Others." The last clique describes people who aren't incredibly intelligent, popular, or anything. They stick together like glue, though.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 09:01:23 AM »
I'm a part of the gamer/nerd/band loving/easy going person...thing....clique.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 10:58:16 AM »
PEACE. I don't belive in fighting or hate(unlike my school), I'm not a "nerd" though, I like to dress nice, have a good time, and go out with my boyfriend. Thats normal I guess... ;)

Mr. Koopa

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 01:20:56 PM »
In my school, we kind of have people seperated by streets. (Except for the goths) We're not seperated but we hang out with them more than others. I am in what they call a Dewey section. But you will see me hanging out with the Saint Paul kids more though
Food or Mr. Koopa? I'll have Mr. Koopa

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 02:08:31 PM »
I hate to say this, but I'm popular at my school. Being in some kind of sport does that for you.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 03:10:11 PM »
I would agree, I am up there with the "cool" people, but... I am smarter than everyone there.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 03:51:16 PM »
I'm not in a group.  If you were to classify me by what activities I take part in, I would be a drama nerd.  If you weren't my friend, I would be a loner.  If you were one of my friends, I'd be the happy psycho.  Actually, what I do isn't really classifiable.  Sometimes I just stand near a group of people as though I were with them.  Other times I say happy things out loud.  Or else I mutter negative things.  I could be a dreamer, but that's not a clique.  I just do stuff.  Or else I don't do stuff.  I just am.  I am me!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 05:34:21 PM »
Me...I'm a jock, because I went out for all the sports last year, but I'm also sort of punk because I listen to grungy music. And all the classifications are really shallow. But I'll admit that I am in these "groups."
Eeew...smells like NirvanaKid.

Print