Print

Author Topic: Should there be a new Mario cartoon?  (Read 33032 times)

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2006, 11:11:43 PM »
Yes, so far the new video game cartoons have been great. Sonic X and the Kirby one were awesome.

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2006, 01:28:02 PM »
I still say that if Mario ever gets a new cartoon, DiC should be left out of it. They probably think the Princess is still regularly called Princess Toadstool. Besides, given that Mario was created in Japan to start with, why shouldn't he be done as an anime? "Inspector Gadget" and "Heathcliff" were animated in Japan, and they're not Japanese creations.
And in reply to Mr. Wiggles' DKCTV-bashing comment - I totally disagree. The "Donkey Kong Country" cartoon was a far better video game cartoon than "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" if you ask me.
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2006, 05:08:25 PM »
If a new Mario cartoon was to be made, I'd watch it out of the curiosity of how the characters get depicted.  Whatever company gets the rights, if a new Mario cartoon/anime is ever made, hopefully lets Charles Martinet be the voice of Mario.  I don't want DiC getting the rights. (they probably don't even know that only in Japan is Bowser still known as Koopa).  And the original seven Koopa Kids should have their original game names.  Ludwig, Wendy, Lemmy, Iggy, Roy, Morton, and Larry.

I still love the Pokemon anime, but only early seasons.  The newer seasons are too repetetive.  I loved Team Rocket's humor.

While the new Sonic cartoon is decent, I liked the old one a lot better.  I refer the name Robotnik over Eggman.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2006, 06:34:59 PM »
Personally, I despise DiC and 4Kids, but CN and Nick are better.
Thank you for rescuing us, Geno! But there is another Star Piece in another land.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »
I just finished watching an old episode of the Mario Bros. 3 cartoon.  I tell you. the plot and animation weren't much, but the fact that they used all sound effects from the game makes it worthwhile to watch.  See, if they could keep all that and animate it better, while improving the plot, that could be a successful cartoon.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2006, 07:19:31 PM »
Nick is great, an SMB cartoon would be best over there, seeing as CN seems to be Adult Swim all day now. Oh well. Most of the new Nick shows suck... FOP seems to still be popular, maybe more popular than SpongeBob (I'm personally not a FOP fan). I usually only turn my TV to cable to watch Invader Zim nowadays, I'm usually online & playing Nintendo.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2006, 07:57:51 PM »
I remember watching an episode of the SMB3 cartoon.  The animation was so horrible that Luigi was colored RED in one part! :P
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »
It was the episode where Mario became some kind of giant ninja, right? Luigi was in the bird cage and was red! That show was crappy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2006, 10:12:59 AM »
Yes.  I found a DVD with that ep in a cereal box.  I still laugh at that glaring mistake.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »
You may be right when you say that the animation got even worse after the first series, but if you ask me, Adventures of SMB3 and SMW were much better than the Super Show in terms of being true to the games. (I'm not sure if the writing was any better, though, considering that "The Ugly Mermaid" is probably one of the stupidest episodes they ever did.) I mean, c'mon, the Super Show had the gang doing out-of-place movie parodies for no apparent reason! (Ironically, the episode that's just been mentioned was a "Ninja Turtles" riff.) It's enough to make me think the writers had Super Mario confused with Bugs Bunny. (In fact, the episode "Koopa Klaus" has the good guys arriving by way of burrowing and emerging from underground, similar to Bugs.)
Speaking of the Super Show, it's getting a DVD set tomorrow that features the first 24 episodes (in production order, that is). I probably won't be getting it, though, because they most likely still haven't bothered bringing the songs back to the action sequences. (And this is coming from the same company that released "Heathcliff" the way it originally aired.) Amazingly, I haven't seen a single mention of the set on this side save for this forum.
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2006, 11:42:11 PM »
I'm not even sure if Charles Martinet would be able to maintain that high pitched voice through day long voice acting sessions. I mean, he does it in the Nintendo studios but it's usually little phrases and not long sentences of dialog.

Nickelodeon is a shell of it's former self now. The glory days are gone for them. I really can't imagine a Mario cartoon airing on little Viacom. As for CN, I'm trying real hard but I don't understand what makes BP say it's all Adult Swim now. It's more like half the network is AS. Besides, CN is also a shell of it's former self. They've sent every cartoon made before 1999 to Boomerang, they rerun the same 5 cartoons all day, they reduced the Cartoon Cartoon show to 3 pm, and sunk to new lows by airing Live-Action movies for ratings purposes. They also seem to have a personnel vendetta against quality (as evident in the canceling of Megas XLR, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans and now JLU). Right now, more Adult Swim is better since it 1) has quality programming 2) gets better ratings and 3)makes up for a great network slowly killing itself to please corporate suits.

Wow, I really needed to get that off my chest. Carry on.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2006, 12:10:56 AM »
Megas XLR, JLU, Teen Titans and Samurai Jack... all gone? Ouch... we still have these programs here. Hopefully, this isn't a sign of CN Australia's future.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2006, 07:02:35 AM »
It's times like that I wish I still had Boomerang on my satellite.  Almost all of the good cartoons were made in the 20th century.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2006, 08:01:04 PM »
Should there be a new one? Have I missed something, when has there ever been a Mario cartoon?  I mean I think it would be cool, but has there been one that I have missed?

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2006, 04:25:52 PM »
If they make a new cartoon, they shouldn't add any of their own 0original characters, like what they butchered the SMW cartoon with. I absolutely hated those butt-ugly cave kids that did nothing but stare directly at the screen.

Print