Print

Author Topic: GAMECUBE: Can it play DVD'S?  (Read 5322 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 23, 2001, 08:59:38 AM »
Can the NINTENDO GAMECUBE play DVD's? The PlayStation 2 can, but PlayStation sucks!

Nintendo will rule all! Die PlayStation! Die X-box! Long live Nintendo!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

GC

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2001, 09:51:44 AM »
No. There will be a hybrid system that will play GameCube games and DVD's, but so far it looks like that version of the system will only be released in Japan.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2001, 06:34:22 PM »
short answer no, thats why there calling it the ultimate gameing system

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2001, 10:11:58 PM »
You know what's really sad? It looks like the DVD version will have a slick silver color to it. I bet that if anything, they will come out with that color for the Cube soon.

I'm telling ya, I'm so not gonna get a "lavendar" (yeah right) Cube when it comes out if there's other colors. I'll head straight for the metallic silver. Metallic is cool...

btw, what the heck is up with the low-res Eternal Darkness movie at IGN.com? For 51MB, I would have expected more than an NES-era three-second movie ;) . The Wave Race preview, for instance, was amazing, and that was only 15MB.

Tell me if you can find any hi-res movies of Eternal Darkness. And I have 56k, so I'm NOT gonna download any 50MB files ever again (unless it's for Nintendo Game4dDecagon, of course ;) ).

Peaceful penguins, demented dragons and growling griffins, oh my.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2001, 04:33:36 AM »
actually, gamecube will be in a variety of colors. One being gold, which is the one I'm going for.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

GC

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2001, 06:38:40 AM »
Gold _might_ be a color. The colors they've shown so far aren't necessarily final. They might change, they might not.  Hopefully Nintendo will stop trying to market the purple one so much, though. Don't they know the "gray consoles win" rule? :)

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2001, 03:20:23 PM »
whats wrong with purple, its the color of royalty, its a strong and beutiful color. Grey and black are boring and depressing colors, purple gives it life. But I'll take gold over purple any day.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2001, 02:36:50 PM »
Well, erm, purple... it, ah... yeah.  In many western cultures, the color purple denotes, insinuates, ah... certain subcultures, if you catch my drift.

Think teletubbies.

<wink wink, nudge nudge, 'nuff said>
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2001, 04:39:04 PM »
yeah we all know, but I think its stupid that people think that when they think of purple, its so stupid

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2001, 10:13:44 PM »
Yeah, it's stupid.  But some people are proud of that sort of thing and would have us all remember them when we see the color purple.

I didn't make up the rules.
-----
Look!  I have ONE job on this ship. It's stupid, but I'm gonna do it, OK?!?
Someone set up us the bomb!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2001, 03:00:52 AM »
What Hinopio is referring to is one of the reasons I got rid of the purple-on-black color scheme on the general site-related pages of TMK a (long) while back. Plus the bright purple on black hurt my eyes.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2001, 12:21:21 PM »
sigh, I suppose some people are just stupid biggots

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2001, 12:48:48 PM »
I knew your signature looked familiar, Hinopio. That's from Galaxy Quest, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

My other favorite moments in the movie was when the crew goes aboard the ship and that one guy (called Guy) does a long scream. But my favorite moment was when the ship scraped against the edge of that structure just as they were moving out.

Peaceful penguins, demented dragons and growling griffins, oh my.
You didn't say wot wot.

GC

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2001, 01:07:08 PM »
"sigh, I suppose some people are just stupid biggots"

Yes, some are. And some people just don't like the color purple as much as other colors.

Edited by - GC on 5/26/2001 12:09:45 PM

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2001, 03:09:30 PM »
I suppose so to, but you go to admit purple is a plesent change of pace compared to the dullest colors black and grey

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

Print