Linux
0 (0%)
Other (Explain)
0 (0%)
Multiple
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Print

Author Topic: PC or Mac?  (Read 6840 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 10:11:14 PM »
Penguin, does that post also come in TL;DR format?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 10:18:01 PM »
Glorb, only if you've installed Linux on it.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 11:18:26 PM »
Linux, babe.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 12:25:57 AM »
I use google.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 01:43:41 AM »
How was your trip to the future, SolidShroom? Is Google Chrome OS nice?

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »
I use iPhone OS.

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »
Unfortunately, i'm still stuck on a XP home. I want a MacBook though.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2009, 05:29:25 AM »
Multiple:

XP at work. 
Vista and Ubuntu at home.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 04:24:19 AM »
Windows Me on my older computer, Windows 7 on my newer one.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 11:05:04 AM »
Mac is my main.  I have a XP at home, and I know how to use PC, but I don't really care for them as they seem to have more problems.  The biggest downside to Mac is the amount of Windows exclusive software in the market.

video editing software:  iMovie<WMM<iMovie HD
iMovie HD came with my first college MacBook.  Transferred it when I got my MacBook Pro. Not a bad program for making YouTube Poops; has more effects than WMM, but it's no Sony Vegas or Final Cut.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »
Windows has always been a tsundere ***** towards me, no matter what version I've used.

However, I still like it over Mac's interface.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »
Penguin, does that post also come in TL;DR format?
Well, the last sentence. Windows good, Macintosh expensive, Linux makes my head go boom.

Since I post like that on other forums, you might as well slap a TL;DR sticker on me.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 09:40:51 PM »
I use both Mac and Windows (I have one computer for each) plus I have this ancient Mac (the kind called "Macintosh Classic") from the early 90s that I still use to print banners on a dot matrix printer. (Believe it or not I get requests for them from friends--I've done it for them since one of my buddies turned 8 back when that Mac wasn't all that old; I made him a banner since he had his party at his place and needed some decorations and everyone thought it was a good idea).

The reason I use both Mac and Windows is because I prefer MS Office on Windows (it comes with more applications and the applications usually do more--I remember hearing the Mac version of Excel 2008 was crippled) but like to surf the web on the Mac since it's more secure and also prefer it for both presentations (Keynote is a little better than PowerPoint IMO) and moviemaking (with Final Cut Express). I also use the Mac for iPod syncing and buying stuff on iTunes as well as with GarageBand, which I have connected to my synthesizer.

I can't say I prefer one over the other in terms of how to use them; they definitely have pros and cons.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 12:52:16 AM »
At least you use your Mac for the few things it does decently (by that, I basically mean Final Cut).
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 06:45:20 AM »
I have two of both PC and Mac.
An ancient Apple IIe from the early 80's with which I used to play Pacman
A Windows 95 (it was my Bro-in-law's) I used to play Sim City 2000 and Warcraft II
A Windows XP laptop that my dad uses to check e-mail, though he hates Microsoft (I used it for Internet until I got a MacBook in college).
A MacBook Pro that I use for college and basically everything
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print