Poll

Do you hate this thread?

I don't hate this thread.
2 (8%)
I might hate this thread at a later date.
8 (32%)
I'm not sure if I hate this thread.
3 (12%)
I hate this thread.
12 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: I hate this thread.  (Read 29455 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 10:14:16 PM »
I'm sad that Michael Cera is playing Scott Pilgrim, so he'd better do a darn good job.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 11:49:07 PM »
Mr. Wiggles, that's pretty harsh. There are a lot of popular series (slice of life or otherwise) that are definitely worse than Lucky Star.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »
1) Agreed, since it's anime. OH BURN
2) Agreed, but I've actually seen it so I legitimately think it's dumb
3) Yes!! [color=angry red]>:([/color]
4) Yes
every

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
You don't have to post a message you've created, you know. Next time, click your browser's Back button.

I feel so helpful right now.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »
I hate this thread and anyone who hates this thread that also hates people that hate this thread that hate other people that hate this thread.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »
Mr. Wiggles, that's pretty harsh. There are a lot of popular series (slice of life or otherwise) that are definitely worse than Lucky Star.

That's alright, I'm just not a fan of obvious otaku-pandering shows like this.

It also doesn't help that a certain tripcode user loves trolling and using screencaps of Konata as his icon, and he succeeds.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 02:54:54 AM »
It definitely panders to otaku (along with forcing KyoAni's other big series at that time onto the viewer at seemingly every possible moment), but that doesn't really make it bad.

If it's who I'm thinking of, I've seen that user you're talking about a total of one time, when I decided to visit some different boards than the usual /ck/ and looked at /v/ and /a/. Definitely a successful troll, though I thought he said something about switching characters.

Of course, I know how so many of you regular 4chan users feel about tripcodes and names anyway, so...

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 06:59:11 AM »
Why is TEM permitted to do this without getting banned or at least suspended for a little while?

I'm not quite sure. Chupperson explained why he did it, and it doesn't annoy me just for the fact TEM's saying it: it annoys me that if anyone else did the same thing, say, before TEM started doing it, they'd probably get an instant +b. However, TEM is lauded by some members, so if anyone questions or calls out a favored poster for their post not necessarily following the rules or sounding stupid then another member might come in to justify/defend their statement.... something I've never understood in 6 years of being around here.

Aaaannnd... that is why people can get banned for calling moderators out on simply following the rules, but in the same breath, let legitimate threads be horribly derailed by loads of random Google image search pictures caused by only one "funny" post or let people say whatever the hell they want and get away with it because they are liked by a moderator, certain members, or whatever the case may be.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 07:17:55 AM »
I solemnly swear to not let years of posting ever eventually go to my head.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »
lol
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 05:26:09 PM »
If it's who I'm thinking of, I've seen that user you're talking about a total of one time, when I decided to visit some different boards than the usual /ck/ and looked at /v/ and /a/. Definitely a successful troll, though I thought he said something about switching characters.

Of course, I know how so many of you regular 4chan users feel about tripcodes and names anyway, so...

Lucky you. I had the misfortune of seeing him almost every other day last year when I would browse /v/ at noon and he always had some thread with +120 replies. He likes to rotate between other KyoAni characters, though he mostly sticks to Konata and Haruhi, but he's been using Yui lately as well.

He and Namimi definitely qualify as people I absolutely hate. I don't respond to their threads, but knowing they're running loose makes me want to punch a wall.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »
I'm sorry that your life has been so deeply affected by this tragedy.
every

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »
I know, it's almost as terrible as if another guy on the internet made spam posts that irritated me to the point that I go out of my way to make a thread about how much of a cock he and those that like him are.

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »

Print