Print

Author Topic: Link's Awakening in 3D  (Read 3612 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:40:33 AM »
A few, uh, links:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358131
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=425229

Forget that last "3D" Link's Awakening I mentioned a while back--this is awesome.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:07:27 AM »
So did you actually read any of these links?

I played Link's Awakening a little but never finished it. The portion I did play I really liked. I will eventually guy a GB cart and finish it, and then hopefully play this 3D remake who's screen shots remind me of Mega Man Legends.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:26:07 AM »
Wow, that looks really good so far! Although it is only a few weeks into development, it has very accurate map designs and items!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:56:19 AM »
Yup, this is looking good.  It painfully brings to mind my own inadequacy using Game Maker, however.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 06:25:26 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358131
The comments.

I don't believe what I'm hearing, it's like these guys are co-executive elitist programmers.

I mean seriously... I've been using Game Maker for years, and I still haven't been able to figure out the 3D engine.

I've seen attempts at 3D before using Game Maker, but those are all crap to what I just saw here.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:34:44 PM »
So did you actually read any of these links?
Yes. Just to lay the issue to rest, I didn't look at those "other" links because, in one case, I knew my computer wouldn't be able to load the video and, in the other, I was posting them out of angst on the opinions apparently expressed therein and felt no need to give them page-hits.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »
You felt no need to give them page-hits, so you linked them to a forum.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:19:18 PM »
By "other" links, I was referring to this and this, respectively (rather, the links I was referring to in those references).

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
While I love the thought of a 3D Link's Awakening, the pcitures in the links above do not look good. It's awesome that they can use Game Maker like that, but they might as well call it Pinnochio's Awakening, because their Link looks like a puppet.

On another note: I've been thinking of trying Game Maker. Mabey I should stop thinking and actually try..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print