Print

Author Topic: Good news and bad news...  (Read 5398 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:17:58 PM »
First the good news:
Shiggy has finally confirmed what we knew all along. Zelda: Twilight Princess will have special Revolution functionality!

Now the bad news:
PlayStation 3 has been officially delayed. Sonny announced that they will release the PS3 worldwide in November. A worldwide launch? Didn't Microsoft try that with the 360, and fail miserably?

Not like I care about PS3 (and I don't), but this is sending industry analysts into an uproar. "$0ny is D00med!" I can hear the fanboys cry already...

Even though Sony has a huge online service planned, I still have doubts about the success of the PS3. The console will cost much more than a 360 (over $400), and it will probably have technical issues surrounding the Blu-ray player and CELL processor.

Microsoft and Nintnedo will conquer this generation.

Xbox 360 has a huge head-start, and it is still selling like crazy. I would be lucky to find one by this summer. Microsoft is going to announce some major games at E3. I hope one of them is a new Sonic the Hedgehog game!

Nintendo is preparing for their Revolution, and boy, it's going to be big. I can't wait for more news about their "industry-changing" console and it's unique controller! The games will be amazing. The Wi-Fi play will be amazing. The downloadable classic games will be amazing!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 07:19:40 PM by Mario Maniac »
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:22:20 PM »
To use your word: "Amazing."
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:41:51 PM »
And, how many times have you said this already?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 09:10:44 PM »
More like obvious news and obviouser news.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 10:14:53 PM »
Does this mean that the Revolution will come out before the PS3???

If the PS3 is going to cost more than an Xbox 360, it will almost certainly be the most expensive one of the three since the Revolution will likely be the least expensive. I thought I heard in a KRR topic that the Rev would probably cost around $150 or something (maybe even less, I don't remember). Is this true, or was the announcement a hoax or did I misunderstand?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 10:58:38 PM »
Some interview or Press Release said that the Revo was going to be under $200. They'll probably make more money off their virtual console feature anyway.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 09:51:11 AM »
I think that the actual success of the console determines how successful it'll be...PlayStation is a popular brand name. Did you know the PS2 was the biggest-selling console of this generation by a long shot? And the PlayStation (and PS One) sold way more than the N64? The PSP didn't sell as well as the DS because it just had crappy launch games.
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 02:35:15 PM »
Here's another excerpt from TIME:

After Warioware, we play scenes from the upcoming Legend of Zelda title, Twilight Princess, a moody, dark (by Nintendo's Disneyesque standards) fantasy adventure. Now I'm Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish. The third game, and probably the most fun, is also the simplest: tennis. The controller becomes a racket, and I'm smacking forehands and stroking backhands. The sensors are fine enough that you can scoop under the ball to lob it, or slice it for spin. At the end, I don't so much put the controller down as have it pried from my hands.

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »
So who cares, really? If Sony beats Nintendo or vice versa.......does it really matter?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 06:57:01 AM »
Yes.  That's part of the console wars.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »
Plus, no more Nintendo...
DOOMED!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 03:34:14 PM »
Yes.  That's part of the console wars.

The console wars? Ughh, am I tired of hearing that. The worst possible case senerio is that Nintendo totally get's destroyed and becomes a 3rd-party company, and it's highly doubtful. If Sony beats Nintendo, it's not like Mario won't live to see another day. I'm just trying to think positive here.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 05:25:39 PM »
the cola wars > the console wars
~I.S.~

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 03:54:14 PM »
Mmmmmmm.....soda. I like Dr. Pepper.

The Chef