Print

Author Topic: How about your opinion?  (Read 3068 times)

« on: September 28, 2002, 07:57:48 PM »
Does anyone know how to beat the Delphino Plaza shine stage where the stage is shaped like a pachinko mini game and you have to collect the 8 red coins. I f anyone has beaten this level, let me in on a few pointer's if you would be so kind.
Does anybody ever wonder why the Blue Toad in Super Mario Sunshine wanders off from the rest of the group?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2002, 08:39:19 PM »
Ah, the most evil of stages.
First of all, there's the front side and the back side.  You probably know this, but it's best to not try to climb your way up the back side.  It's possible to get some of the coins that way, but not worth the trouble.

Anyway:  the problem in this level comes from a big, invisible rectangle that covers most of the upper-left corner.  While Mario is in this, he will go to the right.  Try pressing left:  he goes to the right.  Try butt-stomping:  he goes right.  Try hovering:  right.  It counters any physics that happen to be in the rest of the game, but that's how it is.
How to get around this?  There are two ways that I've seen work.  One is doing a perfectly timed butt-stomp, but that can be tricky.  You have to press the button as Mario's coming up the shaft, just as he enters the force box.  The other way is to wall jump up the entry shaft, and hover at the very bottom of the force rectangle.  It'll push you outwards, and then you can time a perfect drop from right above the opening.
The other coins should be rather easy to get compared to that one, though there are still a few things to keep in mind:
- Be sure to use the hover nozzle and aim your falls.  If Mario starts getting bounced around too much, it may be hard to tell where he'll land.
- You can jump around a bit from the nails, as long as it's not the one on the fringe of that force rectangle.  Just be sure to know where you're landing.
- Don't try to recover if you've fallen to the bottom area.  It's wasted effort, and will only agitate you.

Well, that's all that I can think to say on the matter.  That pachinko is one mean level...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2002, 10:58:26 PM »
Hmm... I beat it after about 37 tries...
With the Rocket Nozzle.
What I did: if falling below the coin boxes, blast back up to them. It's as simple as that... oh, and wall kick instead of using the jump pad. Then, like try to slide down the other side... that's how I beat it, anyway...

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2002, 12:14:00 PM »
Thank you all for the help. I finally got it straight and beat that level.
Does anybody ever wonder why the Blue Toad in Super Mario Sunshine wanders off from the rest of the group?

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2002, 05:00:56 PM »
IDEA: Rotate the camera 180°

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2002, 06:13:55 PM »
Hi again. Do you know how to get the shine shirt??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2002, 09:16:58 PM »
Beat the game and talk to the sunglasses dude.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2002, 01:34:16 PM »
ok!!

Print