Print

Author Topic: Re: M&L:SS - Trunkle Battle  (Read 4035 times)

Markio

• Normal
« on: August 09, 2004, 06:28:14 PM »
Well, I've never gotten past him so far, but that's because I haven't played ti for a while, like a couple of months.  But I do know that when you get to the part where he divides into four parts(I haven't beaten him that much), you should only attack the one with the orange, because that's the only one that will take damage.

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 07:20:29 PM »
I know that, Markio (I mentioned that only a specific one can be damaged in my last post), but soon it regroups and becomes the large Trunkle again. Does anyone know how to defeat it completely? I read somewhere that the tiny Trunkle has 60 HP, but it doesn't give me enough turns in order to defeat it (considering I can only inflict 12 HP damage per turn).

Romance is for the weak-minded.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 07:41:42 PM »
Well then I don't know.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 07:43:11 PM »
Never mind, I figured it out. I had to be at a higher level in order to defeat the smaller Trunkle with the orange. This topic can now be closed.

Romance is for the weak-minded.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 08:58:55 PM »
Wait, what level was that, exactly?

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 12:41:52 PM »
Personaly, I didn't find Trunkle that hard to defeat. First, make sure you are stocked up on Syrup. Then use Bros. Hammer attacks on the leafy part of Trunkle and Bros. Jump attacks on the non-leafy part of trunkle. If he splits into pieces attack the one with an orange with the Bros. Jump attacks. You'll deafeat him eventually.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 07:07:39 PM »
Trunkle is easy if you use a little glitch I found... in fact, any boss is easy!

I recommend you do this glitch in the Hooniversity, becuase all of the monsters give off a lot of experience. First of all, beat every single one. Then, return to your earlier areas for experience. Save there, and when you return to the Hooniversity, all of your monsters are revived. Using this glitch, I easily defeated Cackletta (as a Level 28), then Popple and Rookie without too much trouble. I didn't get a single Game Over!

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''

Edited by - Luigi Simpson on 2/3/2005 10:11:47 PM
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 07:24:49 PM »
Okay, ignoring the 4 month+ gap there...

That's not a glitch.
That's called "fighting a lot of enemies to level up."  Many games let you do this.  Some games REQUIRE you to do this.  It's just a very tedious process.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 09:20:18 AM »
fight many enemies to level-up and advance your bros. moves,when you feel strong enough,fight that boss again

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 04:52:43 PM »
I hate it when n00bs don't bother reading the entire topic to find out that I already beat that boss AND the entire game MONTHS ago.

Never mind, I figured it out. I had to be at a higher level in order to defeat the smaller Trunkle with the orange. This topic can now be closed.

I am feeling fat, and sassy!

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 1/11/2005 2:53:15 PM

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 12:11:07 AM »
I'll just ignore the n00b comment for now, and I wasn't directing that hint at you, as I knew that you had beaten that battle, but there are others who may need help.

I've also completed the game, and in the final 3 boss battles- Fawful, Bowletta and Cackletta, I didn't use a single Bros. Attack.

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 12:31:39 AM »
...That doesn't sound like something to boast about.
Bros. attacks are fun!  They're the life-blood of the battle scene!  Especially when you get into the advanced versions...
Honestly.  By the end, it's rare that I go a single battle without pulling off at least one Bros. attack.

...Man, I'm gonna have to play through this game again...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Print