Print

Author Topic: Dearly missed members.  (Read 95685 times)

« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2006, 04:57:08 PM »
Not exactly. Regarding your post, Khold: If someone does something severe enough to be banned, he or she should at least be informed why. Maybe the other members don't have to know, if it's personal-- but we should at least be allowed to know that it's personal and it's none of our business. About the mods/admins being always right, no human is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Mods/admins are only human. Therefore, mods/admins may make mistakes. But, by my understanding of the definition of the word "Mod" or "Admin," one must have very good judgement to hold such a title. Thus, mods/admins make correct desicions too. I'm not judging the performance of the current mods and admins at all, just stating they have their reasons, good or not.

EDIT: Oh. Um, sorry. I didn't see the quote Khold included in her post. But I still stand by what I wrote.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:58:55 PM by bobman37 »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »
Wrong, to have the title of Mod or Admin, all you have to do is have a forum on your website.

And to no one in particular: please read my argument carefully before you counter point it. Heck, you should do that with all arguments.

« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »
Wrong, to have the title of Mod or Admin, all you have to do is have a forum on your website.
If that was true, then a bunch of people on these forums would be a mod/admin. ledzeppelinrocks, Bigluigifan1.0, Luigi Simpson, me, etc. would all be a mod/admin.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »
"But, by my understanding of the definition of the word "Mod" or "Admin," one must have very good judgement to hold such a title. Thus, mods/admins make correct desicions too."

Nothing is said about a FF Mod, just being a Mod in general.

« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2006, 05:52:33 PM »
Mr.Melee's new CT is Muted. What exactly does that mean? He can no longer post?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2006, 07:34:47 PM »
Upon re-reading my previous post on this thread, I think I went about arguing the point too... vitriolically. It was late, I was tired, and I was also a bit irked from prior events that day.

I think TEM is arguing that the mods on this forum are quite well-chosen, so there shouldn't be a reason to question them. That is, if I am reading this right. I am simply trying to say that even the best-chosen personel can make a dubious decision about something in general. (When I cited myself as an admin, I don't mean of a board I owned; I meant a 10,000+ member board with multiple admins. I was saying that, looking back at the job I did there, some of my decisions were a bit rash. 'S'all.) Generally speaking, larger forums tend to have better staff than smaller one, although I've witnessed many exceptions to both sides of this rule. I'd consider the TMK staff above average for its size.

That said, I still think that you need a slightly more specific reason to ban/mute someone than the incredibly generic "Disregard for rules and guidelines." There probably IS a better reason, but next time, it may be helpful be a bit more specific in your ban logs in case something like this happens again. WHich I hope it doesn't.
~I.S.~

Jman

• Score
« Reply #291 on: January 24, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »
Whoa, this went from reminiscing the good old days, to a discussion about banning and conjuring up the bad old days.  Reminds me of all the messed up dudes that I've seen come and go over my tenure here.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #292 on: January 25, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »
Yoshi 55 was a pain i know im new but ive heard of yoshi 55's crazy antics

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #293 on: January 25, 2006, 11:22:58 PM »
You have got to be kidding me.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2006, 06:36:49 AM »
I still miss Meowrik. Why did he leave?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2006, 01:40:33 PM »
Well Meowrik wasn't exactly a people person here. I mean 3 years ago he stalked GiftedGirl all over the Fungi Forums and flame most of anything she posted.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #296 on: January 26, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »
That and he mini-modded at the most annoying times and called people stupid just because of poor grammer.
Professional Paisano here

Jman

• Score
« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2006, 04:56:52 PM »
He used to be a cook in my long dead "The Circle" topic.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2006, 01:39:03 PM »
Hey guys.  I just thought I would let you know that I'm going to leave now and might not come back for awhile.  I have some important things to do and need to make some big decisions and changes in my life.  Even if I don't become a dearly missed member, I sure will miss all of you and all the fun memories (dearly even!).  But if I don't return for a long time there's a chance I'll come back and have a huge surprise for everyone, so that's something to think about.  If I had the time I would say a lot more to everyone before I left but I should return back to my college work.  See ya and thanks!

Jman: Are you copying my idea of the Mario Party pickle jar thing? XD
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 01:41:56 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2006, 02:12:42 PM »
Yes, YSR, you will be missed. By me, at least.

Print