Poll

Who will win best two out of three in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Mr. Melee
10 (37%)
Bird Person
17 (63%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Print

Author Topic: The Epic Brawl: Mr. Melee and Me  (Read 13315 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »
I didn't say I wasn't going to vote, did I?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 07:29:57 PM »
Why would you want to tell everyone you don't care about this topic? Just ignore the topic. If you don't have something that applies to talking about my battle with BirdPerson, please don't post. It's useless.

EDIT: Vidgmchtr did not clarify in his post that he meant he didn't care who won, so I misunderstood.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:39:49 PM by Mr. Melee »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »
Um...
Besides, there's a ton of topics that I don't care about. So I don't post in them and draw attention to it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:48:33 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 08:01:28 PM »
Adding an "I don't know," or "I don't care" option is crap--there is no such person in the match, and it's basically a gateway for wishy-washy fools who think voting for Mr. Melee will dent my self-esteem or vice-versa to up their cast votes count. I don't even see how "I don't care" fits as an answer to the question! Will I beat Mr. Melee, or will he beat me?
Edit: You can always change your votes... Hee hee hee...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 08:04:25 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 08:44:50 PM »
Um...
Besides, there's a ton of topics that I don't care about. So I don't post in them and draw attention to it.

Attitudes can change.

Besides, I stand by my opinion. I believe I gave enough specifics on who I thought should win.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 09:14:25 PM »
This sounds pretty cool. I voted for Mr. Melee. Sorry, Bird Person :(

I can't wait to see how this turns out. May the better fighter win.

This is the ultimate showdown, of ultimate destiny,
Bird person, Mr. Melee and explosions as far as the eye can see,
and only one will survive, I wonder who it'll be,
This is the ultimate showdown, of ultimate destiny!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »
I voted BP.

It just seems like he wants it more.

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 10:55:45 PM »
no items, two stock, Final Destination.

Geez, just add "Fox only" and you're on track to being a tourneytard.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »
* Bird Person shakes his head
That's the most retarded tournament rule I've ever heard. No items makes sense-you know that no bomb is going to fall RIGHT WHERE YOU'RE STANDING and KO you when you're about to win, or a Heart Container right where your enemy is when you've almost had them. Sure, it can happen the other way around to your advantage, but, just, no. I'm confident I can win without miracles helping me. Two stock, I don't know, just... For time, you can just KO the enemy once, then avoid until the fight ends. Final Destination, same deal as with items. Too much fluke power.
Fox only, I don't see the point. Is it because then you don't get advantages of other characters? Then why not all use whatever character that terrifies us so? Or, is it because he IS that character? Bull dukar, not in my case. I think Fox sucks. Someone explain "Fox only" to me.
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 11:59:47 PM »
I still don't get that joke with the driving test.

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 01:05:22 AM »
I think he's saying that a large amount of tourney players use Fox, but not that they force you to be Fox.

Anyway, I'll place my bets on Bird Person. He is less likely to get distracted by Buckethead or something in the one-month training period.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 05:05:27 AM »
The "Fox only" is apparently because Fox is somehow the best character to use. It's times like this when I wish I had played SSBM...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 07:34:42 AM »
* Bird Person shakes his head
Someone explain "Fox only" to me.
Fox is the best dude of all the dudes. End of story.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 08:56:32 AM »
I disagree, I'm much better with Yoshi, Ness or even Pichu. I'm sure cloning myself and playing a Melee would prove this. Rule does not make sense.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 11:37:22 AM »
Except amongst pros, a win will be determined by the character if both players are pretty much equal in skill. It has to do with the fact that the characters aren't perfectly balanced. There's a method to their madness, believe me.

Print