Print

Author Topic: Favorite Zelda Dungeon  (Read 15431 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 12:09:17 AM »
Anyway, I did it at like age 1 so you should be able to too.
<offtopic> Yes. I guess everyone has established that Lizard Dude has a very violent bias against everyone who has ever used a Game FAQ or w/e Cheating method.</offtopic>

Whatever. Anyways, The Oracles of Ages/Seasons was one of those games that I got a "Player's Guide" to. I got it after I beating both the games, but I guess you can still deem me a loser for life of whatever reason you find justifiable. My favorite dungeon in Oracles Saga probably had to be the... Tomb place in Ages. Forgot the name. It was the one with the Level 2 Power Gloves.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 07:57:20 AM »
I know I already said my piece, but I think I'd just like to say that the Temple of Time in TP was also awesome--mainly because it didn't have a "theme" like most other dungeons.

As for guides, I don't really get them anymore (partly because Nintendo stopped making them, partly because the internet is faster and less expensive, and partly because Nintendo hasn't given me a reason to go look for help for a while), but when I did, I think that a lot of it was just because they're almost like a book-companion to the game--any time I want to reminisce about a certain title, I just flip through the guide!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »
Guides used to be a cool repository of extra information (Star Fox 64 guide is awesome). Then they were stripped down to barebones walkthroughs.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
Official Nintendo Link to the Past Guide = Best Guide EVAR.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 09:48:58 PM »
I've just gotten to the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess, and I think it's my favorite so far, even though I'm sure I'm not even a quarter of the way through. I'd say the reasons I like it are a) the music; it's got a neat sense of adventure to it; and b) the overall aesthetics. It's majestic, ornate, and it's not falling apart like the previous three temples are. I also liked the Cave of Flames and Temple of Droplets in The Minish Cap.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 11:16:52 PM »
Guides used to be a cool repository of extra information (Star Fox 64 guide is awesome). Then they were stripped down to barebones walkthroughs.

Sorry to beat the dead horse, but I never owned any game guides -- I would rather use the money to some other aim. So, I ask the following question in all sincerity, not seeking to be smart or a jerk. What sorts of extra information did that guides contain?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 11:54:12 PM »
Well, SF64's guide had all sorts of planetary data, vehicle schematics, and character biographies. I picked up a copy a while back at work for $5 or something.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 04:09:31 AM »
That sounds like what manuals should be-- minus the walkthroughs. I am well aware, however, how those things are slapped together...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 03:20:32 PM »
Well, SF64's guide had all sorts of planetary data, vehicle schematics, and character biographies. I picked up a copy a while back at work for $5 or something.
Five dollars?!  When did the prices of guides start to sky rocket?  Their prices today are ridiculous!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 06:08:07 PM »
This was used. Also I got a discount. New it was probably like $15 or something. Speaking of guides, today I picked up the Yoshi's Island and Link to the Past guides just for the heck of it. Since we had them in. And I'm sort of an insane collector guy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
Question for the strat. guide haters (i.e. L--- D---):  Are you also opposed to teamwork?  An example would be Boo's aforementioned, kill-three-bad-guys-in-the-right-order puzzle from Link's Awakening:  What if he asked a friend, and the friend told him the answer?  Or what if a friend was hunched over his shoulder at the time and barked out his solution--and it just happened to be right?  Do you differentiate such phenomena from looking something up in a strategy guide?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 06:55:19 PM »
Getting help from a friend who has already cleared the game I do not approve of. It is better than using a guide, though, because they can avoid spoilers and maybe give hints instead of full solutions.

Having someone watching you who has not played the game either solve something at that moment and tell you to do it and it works - that's perfectly cool in my book. In fact, that's basically how I made it through all four Monkey Islands.

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2008, 01:30:51 AM »
In fact, that's basically how I made it through all four years of college.
Yeah!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2008, 10:30:09 AM »
Monkey Island = College. Seems pretty accurate.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
Oh... For a second I thought tht Monkey Island was an actual game...

Print