Print

Author Topic: Favorite Zelda Dungeon  (Read 15432 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2008, 11:21:45 AM »
That's also true.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2008, 09:50:05 PM »
No, you guys have it all wrong.  Monkey Island is the sequel to college.

And I remembered another favorite dungeon!  But, like the 5 golden leaves, I'm not sure if it counts:  Gerudo Fortress.  That whole sequence was one of the funnest things I'd ever experienced in a game.  *Sneak, sneak, sneak*.  *(scamper)*.  *Snipity, snipe, snipe snipe*.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2008, 02:50:21 PM »
How can there be a discussion about great Zelda dungeons that doesn't include the last temple from Zelda 2?
Seriously, it's not often one finds a dungeon that hates the player so much as that one does.  First of all, even MAKING it to the temple is a feat in itself, trekking through troublesome ground and dodging annoying, slightly Link-relative flying enemies over pits of fire... And that's little more than a kind introduction to the dungeon itself.  The branching paths and repeating rooms serve only to lead you astray (if not to a dead end) within this labyrinth of a last level, populated with merciless enemies found nowhere else.  It is a dungeon where your survival depends upon your choice of paths, of fights, on your wise use of a dwindling reserve of magic (you never recover hearts from defeating enemies in this game, in case you don't know), and of remembering and exploiting all of the tricks and secrets that you'd learned from previous dungeons.  It is a battle of endurance - a siege - of Link, armed with a few lives, a litany of moves and spells, and a single health bar, against the sprawling, inanimate foe that is the temple, all set to a foreboding tune that says "we mean business".

Suffice to say, it's one of my favorite Zelda dungeons to date.
Go Moon!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »
How can there be a discussion about great Zelda dungeons that doesn't include the last temple from Zelda 2?
Because hardly anybody is able to make it that far, on account of how frustrating and non-Zelda that game is.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 03:32:55 AM »
My personal favorite has gotta be Twilight Princess' City in the Sky.
So many holes in the floor, not many enemies, and it's a level that actually has a challenge to it.

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2008, 02:23:21 PM »
Ehh, that one wasn't that fun for me, though the boss and the music were nice.

I found it a little too boring, and a bit annoying as well.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »
I just finished that temple yesterday, and I found it pretty cool. My favorite's still the Temple of Time, though.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Sqrt2

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2008, 07:58:26 AM »
Spirit Temple form LoZ:Ocarina of Time's my favourite.

Fighting Iron Knuckles is fun and the Twinrova boss fight is so fantastic.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
Ocarina of Time: Forest Temple. So dang hard and nice music.
Wind Waker:  I didn't like any in particular, but the Forsaken Fortress one is different. Also, for anyone that though Wind Waker was too linear, the Wind Dungeon proved them wrong.
Twilight Princess: Snowpeak Ruins was nice since it traded the atmosphere to a house one, and was also pretty hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »
Also, for anyone that though Wind Waker was too linear, the Wind Dungeon proved them wrong.
Heck, if anything, it was the most non-linear Zelda yet (and I mean that in a good way)! As for PH...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
I really liked the Earth Temple. It was really cool to work with Medli, seeing that you really relied on her and you really couldn't get through the dungeon without her. The mirror shield made the level really neat, too, especially the part where you have all of the mirrors and how's it a huge puzzle. The boss was easy, yet annoying.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2008, 11:53:12 PM »
I liked how you could do the Wind and Earth temples in any order you wished,

(I believe you could...)

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2008, 12:07:55 AM »
Are you sure? I believe it was the Earth temple that was first and then the Wind Temple.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2008, 12:52:22 AM »
Well, if I recall correctly, coordinates for both temples were marked on the map at the same time, leading me to believe you could sail to either one you wanted.

Also, I don't recall the Wind Temple having obstacles or puzzles requiring items found in the Earth Temple.

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2008, 11:20:11 AM »
Well, if I recall correctly, coordinates for both temples were marked on the map at the same time, leading me to believe you could sail to either one you wanted.

Also, I don't recall the Wind Temple having obstacles or puzzles requiring items found in the Earth Temple.

I could've sword you needed the Mirror Shield there, but I could be wrong.

Heck, if anything, it was the most non-linear Zelda yet (and I mean that in a good way)! As for PH...

When I said linear, I meant the dungeons.

Print