Serenade of Water
2 (15.4%)
Nocturne of Shadow
4 (30.8%)
Requiem of Spirit
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Print

Author Topic: Favorite OoT Warp Song  (Read 6132 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:51:27 PM »
Thought this would be a neat poll that might blossom into a beautiful off-topic conversation about something in OoT.

I like the Nocturne of Shadow most. Its notes are easy on the ears and it runs smoothly. It's also easier to play the full song on the Ocarina alone than the others (I can't be the only one who has attempted that). And I like pretty much everything about the Shadow Temple, and more than that, the Well of Three Features. Probably because Zelda dungeons all tend to feel like they were built just to be dungeons, house bosses, and be hard to get through. The Well and the Shadow Temple feel like they once had unspoken purposes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:07:50 AM »
I like Nocturne of Shadow for its awesome dissonance and Serenade of Water for its Dorian excellence, but my favorite is probably Requiem of Spirit, since it was the first one that came to mind when I thought of OoT Warp Songs, and because I really really love the Spirit Temple's atmosphere. It almost makes me want to play OoT again to experience it.
That was a joke.

Sqrt2

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 03:19:22 AM »
I'm choosing the Bolero of Fire, since it's the easiest to remember (I find it is, anyway).

Requiem of Spirit comes a close second though.
AA fanboy and proud!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 06:07:16 AM »
I can't believe you limited it to these six. Do you not know how awesome the Song of Storms is?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 07:18:53 AM »
Serenade of Water is the "catchiest" one to me and I can play it on the piano. Not sure if that denotes "best" status for me, but I can remember its tune and its name in conjunction, more than I can say for most of those other songs.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 09:09:34 AM »
Max: Warp songs. Songs that warp you.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 12:05:33 PM »
Serenade of Water FTW.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »
Serenade of H20 f'sho.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »
Max: Warp songs. Songs that warp you.
I can't believe you limited it
Anyway, I always liked the Bolero of Fire.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »
"Limited it" seems to imply there's more than six warp songs, is all.

Don't worry, I'm not going to keep fighting about this.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 09:26:04 AM »
Tie between Serenade and Nocturne.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 05:35:55 PM »
I've always liked the minuet of forest.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 05:43:13 PM »
Nocturne of Shadow.

I always thought is sounded WAY better then the others, the only other one that came close was Minuit of Forest.

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 12:20:14 AM »
Minuet of Forest, every time. Maybe it's because I like forests. But it was always a cheery tune.

Took me a while to remember Serenade of Water, that's the one song I kept forgetting. On second hearing, man, that one's pretty good.

Video of all the ocarina songs.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 04:27:56 AM »
I accidentally voted Requiem of Spirit because it's the best song but I have a real fondness for the Bolero of Fire because that's the only place I saw the word "bolero" in my life before and after playing OoT until finally I saw the end credits of Excel Saga, which has the song Menchi · Bolero of Sorrow ~ So, You Are Going To Eat Me.

I like how all the warp songs are quite minor until the last notes turns major.

It was extremely hard to type warp in lower-case.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 07:31:28 AM »
Sorry about that last part, LD, if it is indeed my fault.

I wish I had been able to finish OoT (I had the GCN version, but it vanished one day after my brother took it out of the system to play something else, and then when I found it, standard quest was unplayable, and later the whole thing was; a similar thing happened to my first copy of SSBM, and I never found Animal Crossing; I also had the N64 version but I played that system approximately three times while we owned one). Later I'll watch the video posted earlier in the thread with the songs to see which ones, if any, I got to while playing the game.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 07:48:33 AM »
the Bolero of Fire because that's the only place I saw the word "bolero" in my life before and after playing OoT until finally I saw the end credits of Excel Saga, which has the song Menchi · Bolero of Sorrow ~ So, You Are Going To Eat Me.
Yeah, same here (along with minuet and all those other terms). But ever since I got ahold of the special edition CD of Bat Out of Hell all I can think of when I hear that name is "Great Boleros of Fire (Live Intro)"

Print