Print

Author Topic: Pain!  (Read 15657 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 10:23:21 AM »
OK, fine. Never mind. But still, that's just lame to say you've never been injured in your life because you must have been even a little, right?
What's your problem, Cambodian?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »
Coming into a thread about injuries and saying you haven't had any serves no purpose beyond +postcount. Saying you haven't had any because you have enough common sense to avoid them is insulting everyone unfortunate enough to be in circumstances where it's unavoidable.

I broke my collar bone when I was six. When I was 11, I broke my thumb while catching a football in PE. When I was 13, I broke one of my toes.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »
I'm not a post count raiser. but, I see your point. Yes, I generally avoid such situations, but I have had some serious falls (some actually sled related), and came out nothing more than bruised and disoriented.

I'm just lucky I guess.

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 05:06:33 PM »
'cause Rao decides what is and isn't funny.

Actually, I don't find Wiggles to be funny, either. Or Glorb (apologies for bringing him up randomly), for that matter. I just feel that their brand of humor is something that just doesn't make me laugh. Just like how Napoleon Dynamite doesn't make me laugh.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »
I broke my collar bone while climbing on tires when I was 10. It was a monster truck tire in the sand, and the tread slammed into my collarbone. I laid on the ground for 30 minutes, and this one kid and his mom just walked by.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 05:13:30 PM »
Just like how Napoleon Dynamite doesn't make me laugh.

Finally! Someone that has the same opinion about that movie that I do! As much as I love comedy, I just don't find that movie funny.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »
The difference is, Napoleon Dynamite is genuinely funny.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 11:15:02 AM »
Only if you could connect to the main character, which I could not.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
Bah! For some reason, my sister (who forced me to watch this) said that Napoleon reminds her of me. I find that to be very insulting!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »
I'd be insulted, too.

That counts as a pain story, I believe.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »
I've never broken anything, but I was rolled into by a 250+ lb. man. It's a complicated story, but let's just say I was about seven years old and it knocked the wind out of me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »
Only if you could connect to the main character
That's a pretty ridiculous statement, Vid.
That was a joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »
I was about eight or nine years old, and I was riding my bike. I was on the side of a residential road, and I happened to be heading straight for a mailbox. For some strange reason, I knew that the mailbox was there, but I did not turn to get out of the way. I was thinking to myself, "Turn now so you don't hit that mailbox!" but my arms, I guess, didn't want to listen to my brain. I hit the mailbox going pretty fast, and ended up bruising my face good, as well as getting a number of cuts from falling off the bike.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 09:19:09 AM »
This isn't a physical injury, but it's in the same ballpark, and it happened just last night. My mom had just bought a box of Honey-Combs cereal. Now, I had already known from an experience in my youth that Corn Puffs make me violently ill. My sister informed me that Honey-Combs are pretty much the same stuff, but I proceeded to consume the breakfast goods regardless, since I was eager to eat some Honey-Combs for some reason. The result? Literally a minute later, there was a horrific rumbling sensation in my bowels, and I was forced to spend most of the rest of the evening in the bathroom (I'll leave it at that).
every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
That's revolting! And not off topic, because I'm sure your Honey Comb experience was painful, without technically being an injury. I'm pretty sure I got some bad food poisoning from Taco Bell once. Then again, it is Taco Bell, the anus of fast food franchises. 
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Print