Print

Author Topic: ShyGuys Vs. The Goombas  (Read 11179 times)

« on: June 14, 2000, 04:18:49 PM »
If the Shy Guys and the GOombas were to have a war, who do you think would win? The Good ol Goombas, or the Menacing Shy Guys? Post your opinion and why you think that team would be victorious, and I don't want answers like, "Dur, Goombas rock!". What do you think?

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2000, 04:18:29 PM »
I prefer Goombas, but shy Guys seem smarter (not walking off of cliffs and all).  Has there ever been a place that had both Goombas and Shy Guys, from "Super Mario Bros. 2" or "Yoshi's Island?"
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2000, 05:23:10 PM »
Shy Guys hand down!!
"Please Respond! Im cute, loveable, and the prince of the koopas!"
~ Baby Bowser Koopa : )

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2000, 08:24:56 PM »
Logically, Shyguys would win because they have the appendages necessary to operate heavy artillery, if such weapons exist in the Mushroom Kingdom... and I'd like to think they do.  Anyway, Goombas and Shyguys showed up in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario RPG.
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2000, 10:52:18 AM »
I think the Goombas would win. There are more Goombas around than Shy Guys.

(Mario jumps on a warp pipe, but nothing happens)
Mario: If only I could remeber how to work this thing.

Edited by - david123 on 6/15/00 9:55:01 AM

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2000, 11:03:49 AM »
The Goombas. They have huge Goombas. You know in Big Little World.

Here is what we would do. We would first send in the flying Goombas from SMB3 that drop the tiny baby Goombas on the emeny. We would slow down the Shy Guys. Then the regular Goombas would bite the Shy Guys to death. Then the flying Goombas would take out the slowed flying Shy Guys. After that the tiny Goombas from Big Little World would distract the Shy Guys. Finaly the Huge Goombas would wipe out the remaining Shy Guys. And in case we started to lose we would make an alas with Bowser's Army. No we are not part of Bowser's Army.

Oh, no I gave away our Battle Plan. Goombas back to the fort.

We are rebeles.
We love vilance.
We will win.
We are The Goombas.

Edited by - The Goombas on 6/15/00 10:11:03 AM

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2000, 08:25:15 PM »
Ahh, yes.  A war between the Goombas and the Shy Guys is conceivable, considering they do not have common alliances.  Yeah, the flying goombas could para-bomb the shy guys and the big goombas could stomp around, but don't forget that there are around 15 different 'breeds' of shy guys in Yoshi's Island alone, including Fly Guys and Fat Guys.  I think the Shy Guys would win, because the Goombas are by nature much more squishy and easily disabled.  It would be a very close match, though...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2000, 08:30:14 PM »
I count 16 Goombas, 25 Shy Guys, not counting Snifits.
Mega 2

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2000, 08:31:31 PM »
By that I mean number of "breeds."
Mega 2

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2000, 08:34:50 PM »
Oh the shy guys would defenatly win!!! I know that may not be a good enough answer, but who cares!!!! The shy guys would win because they are more better then the goombas, `cause the goombas can get stepped on!
  But not! Look, I just think the shy guys would do a much better job at winning a war, then the goombas!
I like cheese!

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2000, 12:30:06 AM »
Hm, I'd have to say that the Shy Guys would win. Shy Guys are highly intelligent and very inventive. They have the smarts and (as someone else mentioned) the arms to use advanced weaponary.

Oh, and I thought the Goombas ARE part of the Koopa Troop. I thought they were tratorous mushroomians that joined the Koopas during the first invasion.

Speaking of affiliations, Shy guys work for who ever pays them. The Eight Bits Club, their organization, is supposed to be a groups of hired soldiers. Shy guys have worked for, and will probably continue to work for Bowser.

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2000, 01:36:26 PM »
Wow!  It's been ages since I heard anything about the Eight Bits!  I always wondered exactly who the Bits were... Like, if each bit stood for a breed of SMB2 baddie, like Snifits and Tweeters and Pidgits and such...  Anyway, I also remembered that Shyguys have an edge because their secret weapon lies beneath that mask.  Oh!  What horrors could those little masks conceal?!
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2000, 03:14:19 PM »
Does anyone else think the Shy Guys look kind of like Jawas?
Mega 2

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2000, 12:07:21 AM »
I think the Shy Guys could beat the Goombas any day, simply because they have the advantage of having arms (as TurtleTek and The Biggest Boo have mentioned).

Yes, it seems the Shy Guys have worked for enough people to be considered a freelance orginization.  Just look at their record of employers:

Wart (Super Mario USA)

Kamek and Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island)

Smithy (Super Mario RPG)

I'm pretty sure that those are all of them.  However, this leads to some controversy.  In SMB2 (Super Mario USA), it is said that the Shy Guys were innocent Sub-Cons turned into monsters by Wart.  However, in SMRPG, you can plainly see that the little guys are being "manufactured" by Smithy in his factory.  This leads to many questions, but I think I have the solution.  Before any of these games took place, Kamek and/or Baby Bowser struck a deal with Smithy to use his creations, the Shy Guys, in Bowser's army.  Since there were so many, Baby Mario obvious noticed all those traumatizing masked monsters.  As the years passed, Mario forgot about them, until Mario saw them again in his subconscious while dreaming (SMB2).  Then, when Smithy attempted to oust Bowser as the main villian of the Mushroom World (SMRPG), Mario was able to witness their true origin in the depths of the Smithy Factory.  So I guess that explains it, huh?

Now, as for the "8-Bits Club", which was mentioned once or twice in the SMB2 manual, this was just a silly euphemism to the fact that the NES was an 8-BIT CONSOLE.  Makes sense, huh?  This trick was pulled a second time in the manual when it was mentioned that Ninji haunted "the dreams of NES players".  Pretty dumb, if you ask me.  Oh well...

Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

Edited by - Star Guardian GENO on 6/26/00 11:31:48 PM
Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2000, 11:46:50 AM »
Ah foolish ones, you don't know the great power of the Goombas! I being the ruler of them all (Doomba, king of the Goombas) should know. Goombas were there from the start. They know the SMW terrain better, and they are much smart then thay look. Shy-guys arent even reall Mario baddies they just happend to be popular thanks to the fake Super Mario Bros. 2. The Goombas dieng so easily in the games just goes to show ther loyalty to me. They fight to the death unlike the stupid shy guys. We would sneak attack them all with kamakazie flying goombas. Then we would send in the huge Goombas from SMB3 and SM64 (big world/tiny huge island). They would stomp and crush there little cloaked bodies. And because the shy guys are fast the little goombas would slow them down (you know the babbies). We could get our cousins from Wario land (the round guys with spears) and charge them. Forcing them off a cliff like a bunch of lemmings. Theres no way shy guys would win. Just because they have arms and seem to be smarter wont save them from the huge amount of us goombas (Im not talking types im talking numbers) we would over power them STRENGHT IN NUMBERS!! PREPARE TO DIE LIKE THE FAKES YOU ARE!!!!

okay im done

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2000, 11:46:35 AM »
Oh yeah!?!?! Well, at least the SHY GUYS have arms!!!
I like cheese!

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2000, 01:27:18 PM »
Doomba we awate your comaind.
(The Goombas bow down before Doomba.)

We are rebeles.
We love vilance.
We will win.
We are The Goombas.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2000, 01:26:47 PM »
Shy Guys...

Bow Down Before Me.

For I am Young Zootalo!
(Zootalo is Koopa For Bowser)

Shy Guy: Yes Young Master..

~Zootalo a.k.a. Toodler Bowser Koopa

Ahh... The Power of the Bowsergotchi (Tamagotchi)

100-149 Toddler Bowser
150-199 Child Bowser
200-249 Pre-teen Bowser
250-299 Teen Bowser
300-300+King Bowser
 ~Zootalo SSBM: 269 Trophies SMS: 120 Shines LM: 23 Gold Frames
Animal Crossing: AC Name:Jon AC Town:Jockero

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2000, 04:02:27 PM »
> In SMB2 (Super Mario USA), it is said that
> the Shy Guys were innocent Sub-Cons turned
> into monsters by Wart. However, in SMRPG,
> you can plainly see that the little guys are
> being "manufactured" by Smithy in his
> factory. This leads to many questions, but I
> think I have the solution. Before any of
> these games took place, Kamek and/or Baby
> Bowser struck a deal with Smithy to use his
> creations, the Shy Guys, in Bowser's army.
> Since there were so many, Baby Mario obvious
> noticed all those traumatizing masked
> monsters. As the years passed, Mario forgot
> about them, until Mario saw them again in
> his subconscious while dreaming (SMB2).
> Then, when Smithy attempted to oust Bowser
> as the main villian of the Mushroom World
> (SMRPG), Mario was able to witness their
> true origin in the depths of the Smithy
> Factory. So I guess that explains it, huh?

I think Nintendo just has trouble keeping their stories straight. I doubt that they take the plot of every single game into consideration when making a new game.

Anyway, responding to the original topic, Shy Guys would win. No doubt about it.

DarKnight13
Super Mario Bros. 2 Worship
@
http://smb2.cjb.net

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2000, 04:36:06 PM »
hi i'm new here but the topic Goombas VS. shyguys is an easy answer.... GOOMBAS would
KILL them AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!
there you see? they dont need weapons to win the shy guys onthe other hand need all the weapons they can get to win.

goombas would win
see ya
 P-switch
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2000, 10:12:55 PM »
Okay, look, Goombas are not going to win any war because I killed them. Shy Guys rule all and shall rule on for time to come! Beside, us Shy Guys have arms! Unlike any of you Goombas out there, I'm surprised you don't have trouble breathing! In a few words to sum it up, Shy Guys will beat you Goobas with or without arms!
I like cheese!

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2000, 10:21:30 PM »
The goombas.  They may be dumb but there are more and they are like mushrooms turned bad.  Toad is a good mushroom so I think they are like Wario and Mario equivilents and Toads smart so goombas might be smart

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2000, 10:23:24 PM »
The Goombas might be smart, but are they? No one really knows!!
I like cheese!

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2000, 10:35:32 PM »
I just realized something...Chocobo started this discussion, but he hasn't stated his opinion.

Lee Sherman
Mega 2

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2000, 11:10:27 PM »
Well maybe he can't decide which side he's on!
I like cheese!

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2000, 10:01:05 AM »
I wanted to remain neutral. Sorry. In order to get my opinion you'd have to pry it out of my dead hands.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2000, 11:13:27 AM »
Your hands are dead?
I like cheese!

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2000, 06:36:54 PM »
He was saying that he is not going to tell who he thinks will win. We know why too. He doesn't want to upset all the Shy Guy fans out there.

Koomba:Friends I will be pomited in about 5 mins.
Goombas:Koomba, Koomba, Koomba.

We are rebeles.
We love vilance.
We will win.
We are The Goombas.

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2000, 03:28:49 PM »
Sorry, but I still The Goombas.

We are rebeles.
We love vilance.
We will win.
We are The Goombas.

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2000, 05:10:56 PM »
"The Goombas" obviously aren't smart because they can't spell a word as simple as "rebels" correctly (or "violence" for that matter). Shy Guys forever!

DarKnight13
@

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2000, 09:33:18 PM »
Oh look everyone a person thinks the Shy Guys can win a war by spelling good.

We are rebels.
We love violence.
We will win.
We are The Goombas.

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2000, 02:11:31 PM »
I said that the Shy Guys seem to be smarter than the Goombas because of their talent at spelling. I never said that they would win a war with spelling. This is a war, not a spelling bee :) I see you changed your signature. The Goombas will be helpless at the HANDS of the Shy Guys. You know why the Shy Guys won't be helpless at the hands of the Goombas?? 'Cause Goombas HAVE no hands! ::evil laughter::

DarKnight13
@

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2000, 08:53:50 PM »
Forget the image of Goombas as independent entities working for evil employers.  Goombas are artificial creatures manufactured by supervillains such as Bowser and Wart.  How do I know this, you ask?  Simple: "Kuribo," name of Japanese Goombas and shoe-wearers alike, means "creation" in the Japanese language.  
Mega 2

Print