Print

Author Topic: Sequel Problem Solved! (Alot of rumors were wrong!)  (Read 38780 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2006, 03:41:44 PM »
^ You'd better read that post, Wii.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2006, 02:43:24 PM »
There's nothing on top of your post!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Wii

« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2006, 03:41:46 AM »
Please read my post before criticising it please.
I said if it has "2" or something in front f it, there is no debate about it being a sequel. For most games, the next game in the series is the sequel, such as Zelda games, but now there are so many diffent types of Mario game we can't say that any more. Does anybody really belive that Double Dash is a Mario 64 sequel? It's a Mario Kart sequel. Technically, all the games of the same genre are sequels to the one before it, but in Mario they are incredibly different. In my Oxford dictionary, it states that a sequel is "a published, broadcast or recorded work that continues the stoury or develops the theme of an earlier one.".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 03:59:07 AM by Wii »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2006, 08:34:41 AM »
Are you saying that SMS didn't develop the themes of SM64?

Wii

« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2006, 09:58:49 AM »
Actually, the more I think about the more it is like 64
When I post, TheChef, it doesn't mean my previous posts are irrelevent.

« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2006, 02:38:38 PM »
Please read my post before criticising it please.
I said if it has "2" or something in front f it, there is no debate about it being a sequel. For most games, the next game in the series is the sequel, such as Zelda games, but now there are so many diffent types of Mario game we can't say that any more.
Actually, Zelda games don't work like that.  There has been a lot of ideas about what the order of the games is.  Some, like OoT, have a direct sequel, in this case, MM.  But there is no definite idea when one happens in the Zelda timeline. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2006, 11:38:47 PM »
Mike is right... The only definite sequels are The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II, and Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and maybe the Oracle games, or they take place at the same time, or something. Most of the other Zelda games are standalone stories.
That was a joke.

Wii

« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2006, 01:08:27 AM »
Actually, Zelda games don't work like that.  There has been a lot of ideas about what the order of the games is.  Some, like OoT, have a direct sequel, in this case, MM.  But there is no definite idea when one happens in the Zelda timeline. 
Just because the timeline is messed up, it doesn't mean it's not a sequel. The next Zelda game to come after another will be it's sequel, even though it could have been set before that one.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2006, 09:16:44 AM »
Uhhh... Doesn't that pretty much contradict everything you said before? That sequels are all named [title] 2? Well, if your current theory is the case, SMB's sequel Is Wrecking Crew.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Wii

« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2006, 11:14:58 AM »
Uhhh... Doesn't that pretty much contradict everything you said before? That sequels are all named [title] 2?
yes, because i've really said that haven't I. I'd quote my whole thing but if you can't read there's no point.
Well, if your current theory is the case, SMB's sequel Is Wrecking Crew.
By SMB do you mean Super Mario Bros.? Well, how my "theory" of the next game in the series is the sequel says that Wrecking Crew is the sequel I don't know. As I have said, if it has 2 after it it is definetly the sequel (as long as it's not third party), so that makes Super Mario Bros. 2 the sequel.
Wow! My 'theory', which isn't a theory because it's right, works!

« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2006, 11:37:07 AM »
The SMB series never set a continuity, a sequel is something like Back to the Future, each movie was directly in-tune with the previous one, except for the first which of course was the beggining, SMB2 and 3 never were set directly to the same point in time after the others meaning that they could have happened at any point in the Mario timeline.
I'm a horrible person.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »
yes, because i've really said that haven't I. I'd quote my whole thing but if you can't read there's no point.By SMB do you mean Super Mario Bros.? Well, how my "theory" of the next game in the series is the sequel says that Wrecking Crew is the sequel I don't know. As I have said, if it has 2 after it it is definetly the sequel (as long as it's not third party), so that makes Super Mario Bros. 2 the sequel.
Wow! My 'theory', which isn't a theory because it's right, works!

I think I finally solved the problem. You're an idiot.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2006, 08:05:59 PM »
Well I say that the spin-offs of Mario have it's own series while the platformers also do as well and I say that Super Mario Sunshine is the sequel to Super Mario 64.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Wii

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2006, 01:04:58 AM »
I think I finally solved the problem. You're an idiot.
If i'm an idiot I hate to think what everynoe else here is then

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »
Yeah. We're smarter than you.

Print