Print

Author Topic: There goes seven decades of our sun having nine planets  (Read 9844 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 04:17:59 PM »
Guys, if we all pressure scientists to put Pluto back into the Solar System.................

Arghhhh, this sucks! Pluto was my favorite planet until now!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 04:41:38 PM »
There's still ten planets...

Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Ceres*
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Xena*

*Google it.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 05:55:01 PM »
No, Ceres and Xena are dwarf planets, just like Pluto.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 06:10:09 PM »
Awww... that MSB episode is one of the only ones I remember. And the climax was when Arnold freezes his head on Pluto. My cheap old school will NEVER make the necessary changes to educate the little third graders about this. Well it doesn't matter... someday there will be a massive world war and every continent's inhabitants will have to build an artificial planet like a death star to escape from the sun's sucking-up of Earth. Then the death stars will have to blow all the others to tiny bits.
"Man, Vorpy Electrocuted MaxVance Jokingly," Said Ugly Norman.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 06:36:07 PM »
It would be awesome to see Hoth and Dagobah in our solar system. :P

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 06:45:25 PM »
Well there were thoughts of Pluto being a moon floating independently. It can be a moon of Neptune as the orbital path for Pluto crosses with Neptune.

So I guess it won't be a planet anymore because i think that they might eventually hit each other. Neptune is a lot larger, and Pluto is more fragile because of the cold. Pluto might not disenergrate, but several hits in many centuries will eventually kill Pluto.

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 06:49:04 PM »
Pluto can NOT be a moon, because it orbits the Sun, not Neptune.

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 06:50:51 PM »
Well I meant something about the orbital Path crossing Neptune.

At first, many people thought it was a moon, but it orbited the sun just like a planet, so it was considered one.

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 07:01:27 PM »
Well, either way, the orbiting path of Pluto never touches Neptune's, so it's not likely at all that they'd hit. The only reason Pluto was sometimes closer to the sun than Neptune was due to the tilted orbit. The tilted orbiting path does not meet at all with Neptune's normal path. They probably would've hit each other by now if what you said was true (and seeing as Neptune doesn't have a solid surface, Pluto would go underneath the surface of Neptune, rather than the two planets colliding).

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 07:28:15 PM »
* MaxVance sighs
Now all the science textbooks are outdated.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

--Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 09:04:47 PM »
Not if you called them stinkblossoms.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2006, 02:25:41 AM »
This sucks. I've been learning that there were 9 planets for 9 years. If Pluto goes, that makes Uranus sound much wierder a word than it already it.

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

It sounds like it's missing something.

You're right, Max! And all the worksheets that ask you to fill in the name of the planets are outdated, too.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2006, 07:15:11 AM »
Just remember your favorite cars/ car companies and you know the planets!

Mercury, Volkswagen, Edsel, Metropolitan, Jaguar, Saturn, Uplander, Nash
Or...
Minnesota Vikings Easily Mash Jacksonville Seattle Until Nothing
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2006, 01:24:17 PM »
You're right, Max! And all the worksheets that ask you to fill in the name of the planets are outdated, too.

God help us if scientists ever start worrying that their actions will mess up worksheets.

Print