Print

Author Topic: Nintendo's Really Done It Bad this time!  (Read 4658 times)

« on: December 07, 2001, 03:04:57 PM »
So far for every system, there has been a complimentary Mario game for it.  Mario is nintendo's mascot (and the coolest two-fisted action plumber).  NES had it's Super Mario Bros., SNES had it's Super Mario World, Game Boy had its Super Mario Land, Game Boy Colour had Super Mario Deluxe, Virtual Boy had Mario Clash, N64 had Super Mario 64, and GBA had its Super Mario Advance.

But the Nintendo Game Cube is out, and there's no Mario game.  Mario is the best, and they've released practically a Mario version for everything, and alot of people (especially on this board) are great Mario fans.  All they've released is Luigi's Mansion, which is good, but it isn't a Mario game, and perhaps it'll calm all those whiny Luigi fans.

So far all we have word of is Mario Sunshine, which isn't released till this time next year (maybe), and so far the graphics are good, but the stuff in it looks like Nintendo was on Marijuana or something, cause Mario collects Sunshine Coins, has a bubble-blower connected to his back, and measure's water. (?) If you ask me, every Mario adventure game should be Super Mario, and it should actually have something to with Mario in it!

BTW: My friend beat Luigi's Mansion on the first day he rented it!

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2001, 07:30:56 PM »
I think it was good taht Nintendi made a Luigi game to start off GC! I mean, A Mario one would be great to, but a Luigi one makes it better! This makes him slightly less regected! How can you hate that?

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2001, 10:32:43 PM »
They worked on the N64 a long, long time before it finally came out. I remeber the days of Project Reality...I feel old now, but the point is it took Miyamoto awhile to put together Mario 64 (love it or hate it, it's big and it reveoultionized the gaming world) and the Gamecube technology is still relativly new, and Miyamoto is not only spread thinly between projects, and he can't just pull a Mario128 out of his ear.
Give him time....Or, rather, they could've delayed the GC until Mario Sunshine came out or rushed it majorly.
Sorry if I sound rude, but I'm rather tired.
---
K to the w to the double-e and h! KWEEh!

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2001, 12:01:13 AM »
I trust Ninentdo.  Remember all the anti-buzz about Paper Mario?  That ended up being a great game!

I do wish there was a Mario game ready for the Gamecube, but it does take time, and these games were done first.  Plus, SSBM is a great game to start with for the Gamecube, concidering it represents all Nintendo franchises.

--

I''ve decided to add a signature.  Now...what should I type?  Hmm...
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2001, 07:01:50 AM »
Taht says it better ^_^

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2001, 04:54:30 PM »
MARIO SUNSHINE is coming out!!!
      DUH!!!!!
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2001, 11:08:56 AM »
??????????? What are you talking about? Luigi's Mansion IS a Mario game! I mean Mario is in it isnt he? heh heh

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2001, 04:37:09 PM »
Yeah,but it comes out like,summer next year.

I laugh for the sake of laughing.

--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2001, 04:50:55 PM »
Luigi kicks Mario's ass....enough said =P

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2001, 05:37:04 PM »
LOL

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2001, 07:44:17 PM »
Mario could so take Luigi... even though I play as Luigi in SSB.  I'm better with Mario, though.
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2001, 01:57:35 PM »
OK lets take this one piece at a time:

1) Luigi's Mansion is considered "The next game in the Mario series" - It says so right in the GCN owners manual.  Though you do not play Mario I put it up there with my other Mario games because of the story of the game.  It's kinda like Luigi being Player 1 instead of Player 2 like usual. . .

2) Nobody knows anything about Mario Sunshine.  We have no clue what that thing on his back is for and if it will be in the final version.  We have no clue what the sunshine coins are for.  We have no clue what other items are in the game and if there will be other items in the game.  We also have no clue what gameplay or features are going to be in the game.  So don't start saying bad things about the game yet. . .  There is still a lot more to find out. . . BTW Miyamoto made a comment before that the next Mario Bros game was going to be 2 player lets hope he keeps true to what he says cause another Mario and Luigi game would be the best!

-PCM

-----------------------------

http://nintendointense.4t.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2001, 05:42:27 PM »
Mario Sunshine is so far (by the looks of it) a really gay game!  Come on, Shigeru Moyimoto promised a more "mature" Mario, but now we get...well, "Mario collects sunhine coins in a happy valley, with a bubble-blower strapped to his back!"  (???) I don't see why everyone says it looks awsome so far, just because of the 128-bit graphics, it looks like Nintendo was on some wierd and wacky drug that gave them the idea to make a sunshiny game that by the looks of it so far is quite...un-understandable.

By the Way: I do not hate this game.  It probably will be really good, since no Mario game has ever been bad, but I would like to express what I think of the story of it so far.

And I sure hope they call it Super Mario Sunshine, cause in his starring roles, and cartoons, he has always been known as "Super Mario"

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2001, 02:49:23 PM »
Oh my god...what have I done?  I had a dream about Mario Sunshine last night.  It was like my SM64 experience, and I loved it so much.  I awoke feeling uneasy, and decided that I'm not gonna nitpick with it anymore.  It does look like a great game, with superior graphics, and funness.  (Not a word)  Because no Mario game has ever been as terrible as I categorized this one to be.  So I'm gonna be excited for Mario Sunshine too!  Sorry for badmouthing it!

BTW: I hope they change the title to Super Mario Sunshine, cause every Mario starring role game, he is categorized as "Super" Mario!

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2001, 03:01:03 PM »
But does 'Paper Super Mario' sound right?

------------------
Don''t quote me on this, but I''m betting that pipe goes somewhere. ---Goombario

Print