Poll

Out of these which is your fave?

Nintendo
Sony
Sega
Microsoft
Print

Author Topic: Favorite Video Game Company  (Read 6831 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »
My sarcasm meter exploded and now I can't see out of my left eye.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 09:27:23 PM »
the PS3 is the cheapest
buuhhhh...? Even Xbox 360 is cheaper than PS3. Nintendo Wii wins the price contest. Oh yeah, sarcasm. lawl.

I vote for Microsoft. The Xbox 360 rocks, and anyone who has one will agree. Their online system alone dominates any other videogame aspect. I don't care if it's 50 dollars; I don't care if PS3 and Wii online play is free; the fact is, Microsoft has the most developed and seasoned online system out of any current consoles. You can make friends with someone and join their game in a split second! You can get achievements and show off to your friends your skill in certain games! You can cook a hot dog in the hard drive slot!

Wii and PS3 system exclusives are moving to the 360 as well, so they're not so special. 360 has a virtual console now (yes, the Wii has a much bigger library. Give it time). Most PS3 killer app games are also on 360. I can't see why people wouldn't choose the 360.

Don't go "But bobman37, what about all the hardware trouble Microsoft's Xbox 360 has been getting recently?" Because I know. I've experienced it first-hand. Broken consoles suck. But it's free to replace! And the warranty is for three years! The only setback is you'll have to wait a while for shipping. You're not going to melt without your daily dose of video games, right?

Just look at my signature. Mushroom_Boy agrees: Xbox 360 IS the priority.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 09:31:50 PM by bobman37 »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 10:39:04 PM »
And we all saw what happened to Super-Jesse.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 11:04:10 PM »
In all seriousness, I'm really wondering what about Square Enix, Konami, and Capcom.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 11:24:34 PM »
I'm wondering what it is about n00bs and the need to post a million (poorly thought out) polls.

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 11:28:34 PM »
That was a tad uncalled for.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 11:46:01 PM »
You're uncalled for.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 11:47:43 PM »
EDIT: I shall include the quote to which i was referring to clarify, in light of MEGAߥTE's most recent post.

I'm wondering what it is about n00bs and the need to post a million (poorly thought out) polls.

That was a tad uncalled for.

Actually, I think that that comment was rather called for. Someone should at least talk about the absurdity of many polls that are created, especially by the newer members. What will a poll like this achieve? You're in a Mario forum, so unless one is absolutely silly (or misinformed), it would only make sense to guess that Nintendo is going to be the most popular company. This, coupled with the fact that the poll did not include enough companies to generate interesting discussion, shows that a poll such as this is mostly worthless. MEGAߥTE was right in saying what he did.

Think before you post, let this be a lesson to us all.

Personally, I like to see forum topics with good content, and thoughtful expression of ideas and talents. Sure, it's fun to be goofy, but when topics are poorly designed, it's no fun for anyone. A poorly-made topic will generate poor discussion.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:50:06 PM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 12:35:50 AM »

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 12:37:29 AM »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 04:37:07 AM »
Nintendo for me. I remember being about seventeen years old when I bought an NES. I've stuck with them. I used to like Sega, but their games aren't as good as they used to be.
Although, Infogrames were pretty good to. And so were Core.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 09:22:39 AM »
Childish banter aside, I'd (obviously) have to go with Nintendo. Now, as I sure most of you have discerneed by now, I don't agree with some of their recent business decisions and software quality, but they do have three things going for them that neither Sony, Microsoft, or anyone else can top:

1) They've been around for over a century; the whole "casual" obsession of theirs lately irritates me as much as the next guy, but I'd like to think that they know what they're doing.

2) Perhaps aside from being the majority stockholder of the Seattle Seahawks (it's true!), they're about games and that's it. Sony? Electronics, TVs, movies... Microsoft? As far as they're concerned, the 360's just Windows with shoulder buttons and rumble. To these companies, videogames are just an extension of their line(s) of techie products. With Nintendo, though, they can focus on games and consoles alone.

3) They're not afraid to innovate! The E-Reader, GCN/GBA connectivity, the Virtual Boy; the list of Nintendo's questionable creations go on. But they also pioneered the D-pad, A/B/Start/Select, rumble/shoulder buttons (correct me if I'm wrong here), first-party wireless controllers, and, of course, the DS/Wii. Once again, I'm just as displeased with how a lot of said DS/Wii game have turned out, but you've still got to break a few eggs to make an omlette, and these shaky beginnings could be the groundwork for something great. Since when have Sony and Microsoft done anything original? They just follow the leader, clean up the graphics, and amp up the cost.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 09:25:51 PM »
Nintendo. I've been playing it since I was 3.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 05:15:13 PM »
I completely agree with Shadowbrain. Nintendo has always been willing to take risks instead of doing the same old thing over and over again. I vote Nintendo.
I really don't care much for logic.

Print