Print

Author Topic: Select?  (Read 2841 times)

« on: June 03, 2001, 04:40:35 PM »
have you ever played SMB3 and you pushed selec tand chanegd form?  If so would you tell me if you know how you got it?

Link

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2001, 07:01:19 PM »
Huh? I did not understand that. You push select and then what?

The Triforce Protector

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2001, 08:09:55 AM »
OK.  Say you are little mario.  You push select and it switches you from little to big mario.  Next is Fire, Racoon, Frog , Tanooki, Sledge Hammer.  If you held Y down and press select you got a kool glitched boot from world 5-3 i believe is the level.
It was a kool glitch/bug/programmers cheat and if anyone knows how to get it please tell me.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2001, 04:26:02 PM »
There's been speculation on this "cheat" in a few of the mailbags, but if you don't want to root through them, I'll give you the gist of it.

After these discussions dragged on for many weeks, it was found that the "select code" only seemed to happen on emulator versions (which is why TMK staff and other sitegoers couldn't get it to work.)  The best theory of why this happens (that I've heard) is that the emulators toggle certain tags that normally wouldn't occur so on the actual system.  Some of these tags may initiate a debug mode, a feature particular to certain design systems.  Therefore, the game thinks that the emulator is one of these systems, and includes the debug attributes (the select code.)

Aid
Go Moon!

Link

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2001, 07:34:57 AM »
Okay, let me see here. You are little mario, you push select, and keep pressing it so you keep going through the cycles of Mario's every special itmes and fourms. What game system are you playing it on?? How did you find out?? How come you are the only one that knows?? (sorry I get carried away sometimes)

------------------------------
The Triforce Protector

Link

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2001, 07:36:19 AM »
Okay, let me see here. You are little mario, you push select, and keep pressing it so you keep going through the cycles of Mario's every special itmes and fourms. What game system are you playing it on?? How did you find out?? How come you are the only one that knows?? (sorry I get carried away sometimes)

The Triforce Protector

Link

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2001, 10:29:34 AM »
Are you playing the NES version because it didn't work for Super Mario All-Stars for SNES. Also I can't prove if yor right because my NES isn't hooked up so I can't tell.

The Triforce Protector

Link

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2001, 05:16:59 PM »
I get it. You want to know who knows how to get that cheat. I'll research it.

The Triforce Protector

Link

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2001, 05:26:24 PM »
(That was fast)

Accoring to www.gamewinners.com

Turning into other Mario forms
Press Select in any level to turn into Super Mario. Press Select again to transform into Raccoon Mario. Press Select again to transform into Frog Mario and so on. Note: This does not always work

Like it says, Turning into other Mario forms
does not always work.

The Triforce Protector

Link

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2001, 09:36:29 AM »
That is for the SNES Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario Bros. 3

The Triforce Protector
Ask me for Cheat Codes

Print