Print

Author Topic: Mario YouTube video requests/challenges  (Read 44192 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: October 20, 2008, 09:59:07 AM »
Hello everyone! This is the thread to suggest/tell me any challenges or requests you'd like to see me make a video of. I'll consider every request or challenge put up on here, but I might not do some of them. Please don't suggest anything impossible (Beating the Flipside Pit of 100 Trials in under 10 minutes) or very long (Super Mario Sunshine 100% speedrun, beating the Pit of 100 Trials, collecting every coin in Super Mario Bros.). The requests must be strictly Mario-related and from a Mario game. Sorry that I didn't clarify this earlier. Also, I don't have all the Mario games, so I won't be able to do some requests, sorry. In addition, please don't request too many challenges because I don't usually have too much time on my hands and I might take a while to complete only one request. You have my sincerest apologies for that.

Now that everything is cleared up, you may feel free to start requesting!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:54:26 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 12:41:48 PM »
I would love to see you do a speedrun of mission in the Dreadnought Galaxy... you know, the one where you have to use bombs to clean up the trash for a power star?

Personally, I think a speedrun is the only way to complete it successfully at all... I had trouble with that mission, yes sir.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 01:08:24 PM »
Good idea, but unfortunately there is one problem with that. There is an obvious limit to how fast you can blow up all of the trash, which will make many other people do the speedrun (if they haven't already) because of how easy it is. In more difficult speedruns, every little thing you do will affect your time. In this speedrun, mostly all that you have to do is pick up the bob-ombs and throw them all in the right spots. I'm very sorry, but I don't think I'll go through with this speedrun :(.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 01:12:47 PM »
Ah, well... I actually expected something like that.

...how fast can you do a 100-man melee?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 02:10:20 PM »
How fast can you beat the Boo in Super Mario Bros. DX?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »
How long can you keep Mario in orbit around something in SMG?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 03:54:07 PM »
How many times in a row can you jump?
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »
Film yourself making a half-court shot.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 04:30:37 PM »
Turtlekid1: Sorry, but please try to make another challenge that's more directly related to Mario games. You posted it before I edited my post, so I'm sorry about that.

Nintendoobsessed: I'll try to get to that. I can't really record handhelds with my new camcorder, unless you know a way I can A/V record a handheld without putting it into a Super Gameboy.

CrossEyed7: I'll try to get to that.

Chupperson Wierd: That's not related to a Mario game, sorry. I know that you posted it before I edited my post.

Lizard Dude: That's not related to a Mario game either, sorry. You also posted it before I edited my post, so I'm sorry for that as well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:33:20 PM by Kimimaru »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 04:40:19 PM »
Record the credits for SMB.

Record playing as Luigi in SM64.

Record Miyamoto saying, "Mario sucks".
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »
Nah, I meant how many times can you jump in a Mario game?
That was a joke.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 05:55:47 PM »
Infinite.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 05:56:30 PM »
How about getting Toad's ending (if you want to call it that) in Mario Tennis 64 (any cup will do).

Nintendoobsessed: I'll try to get to that. I can't really record handhelds with my new camcorder, unless you know a way I can A/V record a handheld without putting it into a Super Gameboy.

Use a Gameboy Player, if possible.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 06:09:05 PM »
Try to beat the Anti Guys Unit in Paper Mario in 3 turns or less. (it is possible, you must be exactly level 17 or 18 with 30 BP and 5 HP)

And if Nintendoobsessed didn't specify a level in the SMBDX thing, could you make it world 2-3?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
Nah, I meant making a half-court shot in Mario Hoops 3-on-3.

Print