Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 235351 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #435 on: April 13, 2009, 02:29:17 AM »
Nah. I've been thinking "I'll finish that" since December at latest. I've known what'll happen next since before I started drawing it. The next two pages, anyway. No idea where we'll go then...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »

CAULDRONS VS. TEST TUBES

POTIONS VS. CHEMICALS

INCANTATIONS VS. EQUATIONS

This will be the best fighting game ever. I figure it can use the same engine as Dr. Fancy will have but with a fixed arena. Baron von Gearsly can be on the Science side and Knightmare (a ghostly knight-type boss whose theme is "undead," I haven't drawn him yet) can be on the Magic side. And I envision that as being kinda like Smash Bros., but health-based and with less jumping. Some stages would have death pits that KO you instantly, but generally, health depletion is the way to go.

I don't really like that dragon or the Scythebot. The lab mouse and the scientist at the top (who now that I look at him, reminds me of Scott Smith) are my favorite.

Edit: Oh and Hero's New Clothes. This one's a bit more cliche but I honestly don't care about any other Brawl hacking teams outside of Stack Smash anymore. Anyone can do it, everyone does it, most of them are no good. I'm not being a jerk, I'm just being apathetic. Anyway. This one is, I think, my best costume hack. And not counting a recolor of Fancychu I did a few days ago, my latest... but it's still old. The only other take on Outset Link I've seen before was plain colors. I went for a detailed version.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:13:54 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #437 on: April 17, 2009, 05:08:15 PM »
INTRODUCING: SCIENCE

So the individual playable characters will have themes based on their preferred source of sorcery or field of science. This guy, obviously, specialized in lasers. His antics will therefore depend more on science fiction, such as the Angel 05, a laser gun made interesting by the ring (its "halo") that floats in front of it that magnifies the laser into a fiction-happy ball of energy as opposed to an indescribably fast beam.

Phil "Chrome Dome" (surname to be determined). He'll probably be the representative for the Science side. He'll specialize in chemistry, which does not limit him to acids and stuff. Fire is also a phenomenon related to chemistry (check out the lighter in his hand in the original concept picture above).

Charlie. I can't decide if I like him better with the whiskers or without. If that statement is entirely true then I'll go without, since it'd be easier to not have to animate them. Experiments have enhanced his IQ to the point that he's average by human standards. In the game he'll probably use more traditional fighting tactics, with his advantages being his obvious smaller size as a target and speed. But since the other characters will have a lot of projectiles, he probably will too.

I'm thinking there'll probably be about ten characters on each side (including Gearsly and Knightmare). But I'm not doing so well coming up with magical people. That's Jim's job.
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #438 on: April 17, 2009, 05:28:05 PM »
An immense hilarity! I love the quotes, good work.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #439 on: April 17, 2009, 05:50:31 PM »
Some advice for if this happens: If you're making it entirely health-based, no death pits. It's fine with a life system (a la Super Smash Bros.) or a hybrid system (like the one seen in Jump Super/Ultimate Stars), and I suppose they work in 1-on-1 fighting games like Soulcalibur, but never in a solely health-based open-stage fighting game.

Other than that, I really like the concept and the character designs so far.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #440 on: April 17, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
If they ARE in, they'll definitely be minimal. Like, on one science stage (maybe on top of a jet or something) and on one magic stage (definitely on the flat top of a castle's tower). And knocking a person into one would be tough.

Big and beautiful logo

It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #441 on: April 20, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »

"I can't conquer this land when there's a big slimy BUG on the throne!!"

I as originally going to try to draw Very Flying Mario (Caped Raccoon Tanooki Flying Mario with a Wing Cap) but realized that the Tanooki Suit and Flying colors wouldn't cooperate and just drew this.

And then my friend Ben says, "Draw Luigi." No real relation to the previous sketch.

When will they learn?

"Why doesn't the Ditto just transform into something solid? With legs?" Well, that ruins the comedy, doesn't it. Also, I've been thinking, if I'm gonna use a Ditto as a character, I'd give him a quirk. Maybe not total inability to transform (in which case he'd have a completely different moveset)... we'll see.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #442 on: April 20, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »
The last two were priceless.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #443 on: April 22, 2009, 11:52:59 PM »

I had a good bit of fun with this one because when I realized I'd have a hard time drawing all the power-ups in the final panel and a harder one tracing those in black and making them look good, I just drew every single Mario power-up I could think of in a 300x300 frame. A lot of them are Mushroom palette swaps, yes... and as a result of the draw-then-place method, the shading is completely erratic in that panel. In the end, thirty-five was way more than I needed so I just went with my favorites and the more recognizable ones. Is your favorite one there?
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #444 on: April 23, 2009, 09:08:25 AM »
W-what!?  No Mega Mushroom?  At least the shoe is there.

...I'm still not entirely sure I get the punchline here.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #445 on: April 23, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »
^
Rosalina's Observatory flew through a field of items and managed to nab a 1-up shroom on its tip. Mario flew up to the tip a few days later and found the mushroom, totally baffled as to how it got there.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #446 on: April 23, 2009, 05:50:55 PM »

Jeff and the Bubble Monkey ride Tessie across Lake Tess

Captain Jim and I are going to make a video series satirizing Pokémon Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen. He's going to be RED and I'm going to be BLUE. This isn't exactly going to be in it, but the line will be.

Oh
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #447 on: April 23, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »
Is that item to the right of the Volt Shroom an Ice Melon from YI? Also, what item is two to the right from that, purple with a yellow and pink dots on it?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #448 on: April 23, 2009, 07:43:34 PM »
Perhaps a butchered Copy Flower from M&L: PiT?

Also, I am pleasantly surprised that the blue Koopa shell turned out looking like a Buzzy Beetle shell.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #449 on: April 23, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
Butchered? Stylized.

It's YOUR problem!

Print