Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 235582 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #540 on: June 09, 2009, 11:47:59 PM »

Brawl hack talk ahead, I know nobody gives a care about that:
I'm still making Brawl character selection portraits, and not just for my own hacks. I made this because there's really no StarTropics art on par with the sprites in the game. And because model hacking is in sight... I will have to learn that, yes. I don't have to worry about doing things like bringing Mewtwo to Brawl--everyone else who learns model hacking will inevitably do that. I think making Mike (possibly by editing RED's model, or by heavily editing Ness's) would be a good start. As for the character, Ness is probably the right man for the job, what with his bat and yo-yo. But that would require hitbox editing and skeleton modifying, which 1. is not in sight as far as I know, and 2. would probably affect all the Nesses, and I don't want to get rid of any default material. Especially not from my main! If I can't edit those things, Link would be the best. I could remodel the boomerang into his yo-yo, the bombs into torches, his sword into a bat, his shield into a mirror from later dungeons.

So I can use it then.
I'm no spriter, so I really just guessed at what his lower half would look like. I'm probably way off with what would have been possible.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:53:17 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #541 on: June 10, 2009, 05:28:18 AM »
WHO MIKE JOOOONNNNES

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #542 on: June 10, 2009, 06:27:02 AM »
M-model hacking!?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #543 on: June 10, 2009, 01:24:59 PM »
For a simpler start, Dr. Marioooo!!! unless you can texture his (unused) model in Brawl's data.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #544 on: June 10, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
I am not going to do that because somebody else is going to be all over it.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #545 on: June 10, 2009, 04:50:46 PM »
Is model-hacking even going to apply to Mr. Game and Watch?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #546 on: June 10, 2009, 05:06:12 PM »
Actually, probably. Mr. Game & Watch has a 3-D model, but it's flattened at all times. If you manage to get him into the T-pose used when the artists originally model the characters (you can easily do this by using an erroneous move or taunt during a moveset swap that will freeze the character but not the game) it looks really weird... 'cause you know his arms are sticking out at you but they're not.

But he STILL HAS NO TEXTURES... more like a code that tells the game how to color his body and outline. I'm not sure how that works though. I'd assume that editing a model would, most of the time, require editing how the texture is applied to it...
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #547 on: June 12, 2009, 01:03:43 AM »

Servbot.

Edit:

Not art, just the best character select portrait I've done. It's for S's Waluigi hack, which I also didn't make. The WA is still there on the match results screen because the portraits are shared.

Unfortunately, I can't really release my edited CSPs. They're part of a menu file that includes all of them, so when you convert the edited files to become usable in the game, they are all bound up into a bunch of files. An educated guess would tell me that they may be separate for each character* but then you would HAVE to have Default Ness, Scout Ness, Mega Man Ness, Johnny Turbo Ness, Servbot Ness and SMAAAASH!! Ness in that same order just to use it.

Editing fight portraits isn't working at all. The main reason I'm doing this is because it's much easier than to remember which alternate costume is replaced by which hack, but to have them would be much more professional... not that I'm being extremely professional with the full CSPs. I just use official art for the character usually, 3-D or not. Sometimes not even official if the best official thing I can find is still insufficient.

*There's a file for 00 (Mario), 02 (Link), 04 (Yoshi), 05 (Kirby), 07 (Pikachu). I'm only guessing that's what they stand for, since the absent 01 (Donkey Kong), 03 (Samus), and 06 (Fox) match the characters with no edited portraits. I don't remember which original hidden character "comes first" to take 08 but I bet it's not Jigglypuff.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:58:09 AM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #548 on: June 12, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »
I had an idea for an Olimar into Toad hack. Turn the Pikmin into shells, mushrooms, or.. suits, maybe. Since I lack the know how, though, the best I can do is really push this idea.

I like Brawl hacks, BP. Some are kind of stupid, but there are lots of good ones (whoever does the Dry series, and all of yours are great).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #549 on: June 13, 2009, 01:58:38 AM »
Just wanted to confirm some things I said earlier:

Model replacements only change one costume each. It's stored in the file with all the textures--that's why when people tried to use Captain Jim's "Metal Sonic" (a R.O.B. texture) on Sonic, what they got was a very glitchy (but freeze-free) R.O.B. with Sonic's moves. That's why you can use a Pikachu texture with no hat on the other slots and the headgear does not appear. I haven't done it but I assume putting a Wario with a jacket in slots 7-12 (overalls) would give you a jacket Wario.

Yes, the model must conform to the skeleton (tells it how to move) and hitboxes (tells it what part can take damage or deal damage at a given time), so I can't make an accurately tall Mike Jones with Ness's moves.

Also, Link's bombs, arrows and boomerang are not part of the individual costume slots. If I wanted to edit those they'd all change. No exploding torces, no baseballs, no magical yo-yo. His sword and shield, however, can be changed. Mike Link will have to have bombs, a boomerang, a bow and arrows, a bat and one of those mirrors from the later dungeons. Still, Link's stance is not so different from Mike's. Mike has never had a voice actor, so that won't feel so weird. I'll do the best I can when I finally make this.

Vile's got some awesome ideas himself. I can't wait to see some of them.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #550 on: June 14, 2009, 05:19:57 AM »

It's supposed to be Mute City, but I didn't use any single game for inspiration. Mostly GX but I decided all on my own, "MUTE CITY'S TRACK IS TOTALLY BLUE AND TEAL."
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #551 on: June 14, 2009, 04:36:52 PM »
MORE BRAWL HAXX TIME

SMAAAASH!! #48: Driven Crazy

It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »
I'm not sure how panels 1-2 and panels 3-4 are related.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #553 on: June 14, 2009, 04:46:18 PM »
Then notice the kart stuck to the front of the Fire Stingray and the shoe on its windshield. They resemble the ones from panel 1 that disappeared in panel 2.
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #554 on: June 14, 2009, 08:17:42 PM »
Funny, but it took me a minute.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print