Print

Author Topic: About Bowser..................  (Read 25619 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2006, 07:02:29 PM »
The thing is though, no has said that they aren't based on Kappas, so there's no proof that they aren't
No one said Bowser isn't based on a hamster, a tree, or Michael Jackson. Do you think he is based on any of those?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Wii

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 12:08:55 AM »
Does he look like any of those? Are the names of any of those similar to kappa?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 10:45:25 AM »
Rob.You silly fool.Bowser is a turlte.Just read the story in the Super Mario Bros instruction manual.

Yeah, I kinda already knew that. But 'Koopa' has nothing to do with turtles. It means "soup-rice". That means NokoNoko doesn't nesseccarily have to do with turtles either. Any references to turtles in the Japanese games are usually associsated with the word "Kame" which actually means 'turtle'.

Does he look like any of those? Are the names of any of those similar to kappa?

No. But even though he and his name are similar to a Kappa, it's already been stated that he isn't based on one.

Wii

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »
Not by Ninetdno it hasn't. or so I believe. Is there a link to a site where it has been said?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
Is there a link to a credible site where it says he was?
Game-related articles on Wikipedia are terribly error-and-speculation-ridden. I don't consider those articles to be credible.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »
CW is right about that. we need an official statement. Until there is one, it's safe to say that Bowser isn't based on a Kappa.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2006, 07:06:12 PM »
Bowser: Giant, spike-studded, horned, hairy, evil, fire-breathing turtle who can come back to life indefinitely, even after falling in lava.
Kappa: Mythical, decidedly small salamander with a bowl of water on its head, which when empty will cause it to die.
I SEE NO SIMILARITIES. THE NAME "KOOPA" IS A PLAY ON "KAPPA," BUT BOWSER IS NOT ONE.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2006, 07:53:31 PM »
THE NAME "KOOPA" IS A PLAY ON "KAPPA,"
The name "Koopa" comes from the pronunciation of Bowser's Japanese name "Kuppa", which is a Korean dish.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2006, 07:13:52 PM »
I also knew that.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Wii

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2006, 03:50:48 AM »
I SEE NO SIMILARITIES. THE NAME "KOOPA" IS A PLAY ON "KAPPA," BUT BOWSER IS NOT ONE.
Right... that kappa has red ad yellow on it's head, just like bowser. It has a shell like thing on it's bback. The shell is the same colour as bowser'. The skin is the same colour as bowser'. In fact, if that kappa picture stood on it's back legs, put on a bit of weight and had spikes on it's shell, it would only be facial features that would be different.
No one said Bowser was a kappa either, just that he was based on one. Since no one from Nintendo has said either way we must look at the evidnce we have. He resembles a kappa. Koopa must have been selected for a different reason other than "soup rice", because even Nintendo isn't that mad. So, Koopas look like kappas, their names are similar to kappa, the only difference is is that koopas do not have a bowl of water on their heads, but Bowser does have that weird orange hair, simillar to the colour of a kappa's head.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2006, 08:36:38 AM »
That's sort of what I was getting at at the beginning of the topic, but if that was all true then Miyamoto would've said something about it.

Wii

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2006, 09:57:47 AM »
Miyamoto would've said something about it.
I doubt it. Nintendo wouldn't want people to know that they got the idea from a myth, probably.

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2006, 12:23:36 PM »
No one said Bowser was a kappa either, just that he was based on one.

Argh. No one said he was based on one, either. Just idiots on Wikipedia who think they're observant.

All Miyamoto said is that his name comes from a Korean dish, NOT a play on "Kappa".
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »
I knew that.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »
Beat me to it, Deezer :P.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print