Print

Author Topic: Walls (Two)  (Read 2801 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:11:16 AM »
I didn't notice until halfway through the second one here, but both of these do involve walls. Therefore, I'll kill two stones with one bird and post them in the same thread.

If characters are literally unlocked, sealed inside a steel room or box until the requirements are met... then this illustrates how things must be going on in my Mario Kart Wii save data: Only Mii in Mario/Peach clothing and Baby Daisy remain, and they'll remain for a long, long time.

This takes a bit more explaining. There's this "dojo" in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2. The highest level I can access is the Ghost Dungeon, which I found inhabited by Misdreavus and nothing else. I must have never encountered a ghost type in either the first or second game until then, because they really surprised me when they passed through walls. When they're inside walls, they can't be attacked by ordinary moves. Long hallways are a nightmare. Despite the negativity this image puts forward, it's actually a great place for level grinding. On the fourth floor the Misdreavus gave out 390 experience points to everyone each time...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:32:37 AM »
Never before have I seen such wall-related art! The color of the second one makes it easier on the eye, but the first one's funny (took me a few seconds to really get it, though).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:11:15 PM »
The first one is funnier, but that's just because I've never played any Mystery Dungeon games.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:45:53 PM »
I love the look of your Pikachu. He's almost become his own unique character in my mind.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »
This is what Pikachu would say: "What the heck is going on in here?!?!" Duduo: "Why are there ghosts?!?!!" Wooper: "Yeaaaaa... Lets get out of here."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 01:36:25 AM »
It's really more like...

Wooper: Enemy, one tile away. Programmed to attack. Attack!
Me (Oh, yeah, in the game I'm the yellow guy in the front there): C'mon! I'm trying to lure them out first! Move!
Wooper: Die, you wall.

Yes, the Mario Kart one was supposed to be humorous. The PMD one, I don't really know. It's not supposed to be funny, it's definitely not scary (unless for some reason you fear Misdreavus)... So it's just, whatever.

I have some ideas for what I may do next. My friend John gets all excited when I show him stuff I draw with the tablet. "You drew that, right onto your computer, with no paper? That's awesome!"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 06:49:05 AM »
I get all excited when I see your avatar (mostly because of the seizure it induces).  And what are these ideas for what you may do next?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print