Print

Author Topic: SSBM rare KOs.  (Read 2095 times)

« on: May 29, 2004, 06:11:58 AM »
Hi.

I started this thread with entertainment in mind, so it's not like... drastic that anyone replies.

I was wondering, has anyone ever seen/been involved in any strange or unusual KOs in Super Smash Bros. Melee? Like, a one-in-a-million chance of something happening, happening, and killing you?

Here's one of mine, just as a sample:

I was at that "Temple" level based off the LoZ series. I was Mario, and their was a computer Link and computer Fox, on level 9.

Fox got a Super Scope, and was standing beneath the platform that one falls upon when coming back from a knockout. He charged it up, and fired it at me; a cape-whipped it back at him, he reflected it at me, I side-dodged, and it hit that little ramp thing that rises up from the level ground; it was carried up diagonally, and happened to fly super-fast into Link, who was jumping off of that gazebo'esque structure at the far left of the level. He died instantly, and the thing must have been flying at three times its normal speed; I had to side-dodge before Fox ever reflected it.

Good stuff.

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God."
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 10:49:06 AM »
I'm not sure if this counts as weird or not, but once when I was Samus, I reached out to grap someone who had a Bob-omb in his hand, and when he got close to me, the Bob-omb exploded killing us both (we both had well over 200%).

"Oh, and Dexter, don''t let those nasty Grab-Ons getcha!"
"They are called Hang-Ons mother!  The ruthless Hang-On Empire!"
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 12:17:16 PM »
i don't know about rares,but this was funny!!! i was at the training mode,and with mario (human) and i maked a super scope,put the speed to 1/4 and shooted a big bullet,and the human mario (my friend) shot it back with cape,and i did the same! we ponged the ball about 5 minutes,and then i gaved up,

(insert signature here)

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 01:42:40 PM »
Wow.....That grammar in that post....uh....um...Yeah.

Oh, in Stamina mode, I was playing with three computers, and I was the first one to go. My character (Yoshi) died with a bob-omb in his hand, and then Ness walked by, stupidly not thinking I was out, kicked Yoshi a few times, and the Bob-Omb blew up, killing him and sent Yoshi into the pit.

It was funny.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print