Print

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III  (Read 5620 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« on: May 23, 2005, 04:10:59 PM »
I am surprised that I have ot start this topic. I rarely do this.

In my opinion, this was the best of the first three. The acting was far superior to Episode II, and the action was great. Unfortunately, the "Epic battle" over Courscant left much to be desired. I won't mention too much so that I do not spoil it for you others. I highly recommend it.

Oh and one cool story. When I went on Friday night, I got into the theatre and these two girls were standing up front and coriographed a lightsaber duel with plastic sabers, it was pretty amising, actually, just because they were really bad.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 05:08:06 PM »
I saw it saturday and it was awesome.
I wanted to wear my Jedi costume but time wouldn't allow it. I would have been one-upped anyway by this guy who came as Darth Vader.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »
I was just thinking about how we need a Star Wars topic here, but I decided to let someone else do it and here it is!  I really loved the movie and wished it was a little longer.  It was extremely sad through the whole thing and just as gorey as people talked about.  This poor little kid in the front row was screaming at the part at the end, and I was like, "Don't bring your kids to this movie, parents!  You want to scare them to death?"

(spoiler) One of my favorite parts was the freaky battle between Obi Wan and Grevious in the middle of the movie.  Holy cow!  Four lightsabers?!  That was cool.  It also explained why he kept coughing which was irritating because I thought he was just a robot.  The last fight also impressed me, but I couldn't help but think "How can they survive for that long when they're a few inches away from lava?!" (/spoiler)

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 5/23/2005 4:13:12 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 07:23:02 PM »
THe movie was like: DON'T HAPPEN! But what happened was inevitable. YOu didn't want it to happen but it did. It was awful. 66... what an evil number.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 08:04:27 PM »
Episode III was very boring.  I slept through most of it.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 04:07:52 PM »
Not enough explosions to keep your attention, Luigison?

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 04:35:23 PM »
YOu slept through most of the other Star Wars then, didn't you? This had more action than ony of them. But I am starting to think after I re-watched IV-VI, EPisode III still can't compete.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 08:40:38 PM »
//:SPOILER ALERT:\\

Burn Anakin BURN! Hehehe...

I'm really messed up.

But I still loved that part.

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 08:57:28 PM »
I gues TEM and KS aren't dedicated enough to read all of the posts, or maybe I and Watoad are only ones here crazy enough to do it.  Watoad probably only reads mine anyway.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 11:00:53 PM »
I don't know about anybody else, but I loved this movie VERY much. It's so deep and emotional, and also very dark. I know a lot of people still compare the original trilogy to the prequals but now that Episode III is done, I like to think of them all as one. I think that the prequals (especially ep III) make the original trilogy even more understandable and makes all the details more important. I really enjoyed this movie and the Duel. We now know the man behind Darth Vader and the struggle he went through. So, in my opinion, this was a very important movie and makes the Star Wars saga something special. :)
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 11:36:02 PM »
<SPOILERS>

As a long-time Star Wars fan I enjoyed the movie greatly.  It had bad acting and bad dialog and plot inconsistencies, but I've learned to live with that sort of thing.

One thing that bugged me, though, was the fight between Yoda and Sidious.  Yoda acted as though he totally lost the battle.  But he DIDN'T totally lose the battle - he knocked Sidious off of his feet several times, and was never seriously injured himself (no lost limbs, which were so plentiful elsewhere in the movie).  The battle seemed more like a stalemate than a victory for Sidious.  I agree that Yoda should have lost the battle, but they should have made it painfully clear that Yoda lost the battle.  Sidious should have dominated Yoda the way he dominated Mace Windu.  I would have liked to see Yoda humbled in a total landslide victory by Sidious, only barely escaping with his life.  I would have liked to see Yoda show fear.  It would have made Sidious seem that much more dangerous, and would have made Darth Vader's role as the one who ultimately defeats Sidious all the more important.

Of course, I don't want to be one of those whiny fanboys who become enraged at George Lucas for doing what he wants to do with his own movies.  The movie was entertaining regardless.  I'm just expressing my thoughts.

</SPOILERS>

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 11:45:48 PM »
I thought it was good, and near perfect.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 10:22:09 AM »
> Sidious should have dominated Yoda the way he dominated Mace Windu.

Mace Windu actually beat Sidious. It was Anakin who caused Windu's defeat.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 11:11:02 AM »
I was lucky. My school went on a trip to the movies on Thursday and I saw it the day it came out. I really liked the part when Anakin
burned but still came bace.

I like strawberry milk

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 11:23:29 AM »
I agree with the part about the fight with Yoda and Sidious.  It seemed more like he wimped out than lost.  But it was sweet how he used the Force to shoot those round seats at him.

But there was one line in the movie that really rubbed me the wrong way.  It was the part where Anakin said, "If you aren't with me, you're against me" and then Obi Wan excalimed, "Only a sith lord deals in absolutes!"  What?  How can you say there are no absolutes in this world?  Is he absolutely sure about that?  I'm sure that many religious people will also find that offensive.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print