Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii discussion  (Read 18864 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 05:00:09 AM »
I still play MK64 fairly frequently, as in whenever I go to my mom's house. My cousin, who also lives there, only has MK64, and sometimes we spend literally hours playing. Plus, it's the only Mario Kart I own aside from DS.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 11:18:06 AM »
In SMK, hopping was essential... there were certain shortcuts that could be taken with precisely timed hops rather than needing a feather.  Not to mention the mechanics of turning and avoiding projectiles.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 12:06:27 PM »
Well I'm basically hoping it will be the Brawl for Mario Kart--everything we've seen before improved, and good new elements. I may be alone in kind of liking the two-man kart Double Dash idea, and thinking it'd be an okay to have, just because, mode... you know?
I'd think the only reason there was double karts on the GCN MK was because without it, there'dve be nothing else improved about it. SMK was the first, SMK64 was 3D, SMKSC was portable... skipping ahead, MKDS had two screens and minor touch control--so what's so great about just another 3D Mario Kart? They had to spice it up, but now that MK is on the Wii, their innovation quota will be filled with the Wiimote controls. So I'd expect a semi-fun, but otherwise bland game that thinks it can get away with being fresh just because of how you play it--just like some other Wii games and most DS games.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 12:14:35 AM »
I'd really like to see the two-person karts come back as an option. If they could figure out some way to balance them (maybe only one-person karts can drag items), it'd be a really nice touch. Especially if it also included two-person motorcycles, with one in a sidecar.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 07:17:44 PM »
I'd like my question answered: What was wrong with Peach's Strikers design?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 07:21:58 AM »
She's too hawt.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 09:50:37 AM »
To Hot?
Erm... It would be cool to see Pac-Man re-apear.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »
Wait, by "re-appear", are you referring to his inclusion in Mario Kart Arcade? Because the only reason he was in that game is that it was made by Namco. Somehow I doubt he'll be in Mario Kart Wii.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 04:41:36 PM »
I don't think that Pac-Man was ever meant to have arms and legs. 
Who looked at a horse and saw the potential for glue?  That's a brainstorm in my book.

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »
you should be able to choose forms of the characters like turning mario into bee mario, racoon mario,fire mario, ect. or wario into his new suit or peach into her striker suit yoshi gets wings.I also thought it'd be cool for the suits  to change their suits.
Anything you can do I can do better.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 12:41:07 AM »
I don't think that Pac-Man was ever meant to have arms and legs. 
Uh, Pac-Man's had arms and legs since the original arcade.

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »
Uh, this is from the latest press release on Mario Kart Wii:

• Classic Controller: Mario Kart veterans can let their thumbs do the driving with the Classic Controller. However, players cannot perform certain moves with this control scheme.

• Nintendo GameCube™ Controller: Experienced Mario Kart fans may also enjoy this familiar scheme, although some maneuvers cannot be performed.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 11:50:49 PM »
Sorry, no steering with classic control.

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 01:03:10 AM »
I'd like this as a birthday gift, but since it comes like 3 weeks after it...

Also I'm wondering why people like seeing new innovative things in each game and don't like it when there isn't much new stuff. Aren't the new tracks, etc. enough?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 10:48:36 PM »
I read that the wii wheel works really well
I also think Pac-man would be a good character, and kirby too
I thought that double-dash was the best mario kart
Just stating a few opinions
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print