Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Odyssey  (Read 66145 times)

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 01:32:45 AM »
Headcanon: Donkey Kong (1981) and Mario Bros. (1983) take place in New Donk City. As mayor, Pauline held Donkey Kong captive in New Donk City Zoo. At some point, Donkey Kong broke out of captivity and turned the tables on Pauline. Mario, boyfriend of Pauline, saved the day. Sometime afterwards, Mario and Pauline had broken up and the sewers were infested by turtles, crabs, and flies. Mario and his brother Luigi, being plumbers, went to work clearing out the sewers, where they found that the creatures were coming from the Mushroom Kingdom. Then Super Mario Bros. 1 happened.

Where is that information from?
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2017, 11:02:48 AM »
Headcanon: Donkey Kong (1981) and Mario Bros. (1983) take place in New Donk City. As mayor, Pauline held Donkey Kong captive in New Donk City Zoo. At some point, Donkey Kong broke out of captivity and turned the tables on Pauline. Mario, boyfriend of Pauline, saved the day. Sometime afterwards, Mario and Pauline had broken up and the sewers were infested by turtles, crabs, and flies. Mario and his brother Luigi, being plumbers, went to work clearing out the sewers, where they found that the creatures were coming from the Mushroom Kingdom. Then Super Mario Bros. 1 happened.
I don't know. I kinda like the real world theory, namely due to Spider-Man's New York. Also, it bring crossover ties to crossover with other Nintendo IP's like Punch-Out.

...Where would Wrecking Crew and Dr. Mario fit into this?

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 04:48:32 PM »
Possible alternate timeline? Does that mean all future games are in order timeline-wise?
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2019, 10:14:31 AM »
The city world makes me think about some other platforming game where the protagonist has cartoonish proportions and spends a lot of time in an urban setting... he had the ability to run really fast, it was a game on the GameCube, what was it...

Reply from SWPlaysMC:
Super Mario Sunshine

Oh yeah, Viewtiful Joe
It's a-me, SWPlaysMC! This Sig loves you by default. I have POWER... I HAVE FURY!

Print