Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476319 times)

« Reply #1395 on: October 17, 2007, 05:09:09 PM »
Were you planning on including the other islands in SMW around Yoshi's Island, or just leaving them implied?

Also, maybe this is just hammerspace-type stuff, but the Beanbean Kingdom seems too close to Toad Town for Mario and Luigi to have to fly there, when Mario regularly covered, by this map, twice that distance by foot in SMRPG.

Yeah, they're implied, along with the islands surrounding Delfino.

And The Bean-Bean thing, they would prefer flying because its faster, and most of the country surrounding the Mushroom/Bean-Bean Border is Mountainous.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

« Reply #1396 on: October 22, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »
You did a great job with the map, CrossEyed, but I always assumed that there is a lot more land on Plit (named coined by webmaster of another Mariology site, Lemmy's Land; it's always stuck for me), and that the Mushroom Kingdom covers the majority of that land. It seems to be a very large kingdom.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1397 on: November 02, 2007, 09:53:10 AM »
This is mainly a bump, but may also be a potentially interesting question:
Why was Rosetta's name changed to Rosalina for the American version of Mario Galaxy? Are we going to have another name reconciliation in 10 years?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1398 on: November 02, 2007, 01:14:48 PM »
NOA changed her name? Where did you read this?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1399 on: November 03, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »
It's common knowledge now.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1400 on: November 03, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »
I liked the name Rosetta better for her, but they didn't ask me, so..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1401 on: November 03, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »
The name "Plit" came from the Super Mario Bros: Movie, actully.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #1402 on: November 03, 2007, 01:16:21 PM »
Having watched the movie several times and even having it on my harddrive, I can't say I remember the term being used in there once.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #1403 on: November 03, 2007, 03:25:07 PM »
I've seen the movie recently, and can tell you the name Plit did not come from it.

Now, a new Mariology question: I think that Mario Galaxy deals with where the Starmen of the Mushroom Kingdom come from. During the intro, Peach is holding a small, silver star with eyes. When Bowser flies in on the airships, Peach tries to hide the eyes of the silver star, as if trying both to hide it from Bowser and to keep it from seeing Bowser itself.

I put that in spoilers because it deals with the intro to Mario Galaxy, and don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen. We can speculate more freely in just over a week. :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1404 on: November 04, 2007, 12:57:06 PM »
i believe that bowser begin to take over the mushroom kingdom and that they did send Mario and Luigi but i think that Mario and Luigi ARE human and that their parent's found the mushroom kingdom somehow and thought that it would be a nice place to live. i also think that bowser lied dormant for years and then when his troop's were Strong enough he begin a war, of course the toad's are not very strong and so that would mean that there was a another hero before Mario. but something happened (he died or thought that the danger was gone) and disappeared from the mushroom kingdom. I'm going to skip a few years to when they were grow up, to what we do know for sure is that Mario and Luigi found a pipe and went inside and come out in some transport pipe bypass thing, where they fought monster's, after which toad's come to help and the rest run away, here we enter super Mario bros where the toad's ask these "great warrior's" to rescue their princess which has been kidnapped by a huge "koopa troopa" name bowser, Luigi probable was in a "well we would love to but" state of mind but Mario, a born hero was all for it. when the princess was back and safe, Mario was give a castle and Luigi was given a house somewhere in the mushroom kingdom as seen in paper Mario: the thousand year door when Mario was visiting Luigi that he had his mail sent to Luigi's house, but anyway, after Mario gets a castle the toads need him to rescue another princess named Daisy enter "Mario land". after Mario comes back to his castle, he finds that a new fiend has take over his castle and hidden his 6 golden coins (like keys, his only way into the castle)  with evil guards. the evil person's name? Wario. super Mario 64 is simple. peach gets kidnapped. IN HER OWN CASTLE!. so you have to save her. super Mario sunshine is when Mario gets framed my bowser Jr the 8TH! koopa kid and bowser favorite       (bowser named him after himself, i mean come on!) i know nothing about super Mario rpg or paper Mario (the 1st one,not ttyd).

if you can help me anyway you know how please do. thank you 

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1405 on: November 04, 2007, 01:39:30 PM »
Use the button to edit your posts.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1406 on: November 04, 2007, 03:12:05 PM »
I would seriously like to know where the name "Plit" came from"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1407 on: November 04, 2007, 03:13:40 PM »
It had to have originated somewhere in the cruddy Lemmy's Land community. They have all sorts of inane fan theories there. I still call it "Mushroom Earth".

« Reply #1408 on: November 05, 2007, 02:44:57 PM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:55:41 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #1409 on: November 05, 2007, 05:42:39 PM »
Nevermind the fact that if their parents were toads, then they'd be toads too. You might as well say that cats have puppies.

Unless we're talking about adopting. In that case, ignore what I just said.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print