Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476381 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1425 on: November 21, 2007, 10:58:18 PM »
The Brothers were born in the Mushroom Kingdom.  What happened between the events of PiT (past) and SMB (assuming Donkey Kong and Mario Bros do not take place before SMB) is anyone's guess.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1426 on: November 22, 2007, 09:26:33 AM »
I think Mario and Luigi's parents were worried for them, and sent them to Earth via Warp Pipe. I don't know who brought them up from thier, but they started taking jobs. After Foreman Spike started to get malicing, Mario and Luigi quit, and worked as plumbers. Finding a strangely large pipe, they bumbled into it, and found themselves in the Mushroom Kingdom.

« Reply #1427 on: November 23, 2007, 03:01:26 PM »
According to Yoshi's Island, the Bros. were born in the Mushroom Kingdom. Maybe as kids, they moved to Brooklyn and then as adults fell down the warp pipe and ended up in the MK.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1428 on: November 23, 2007, 05:57:21 PM »
Fan**** alert:

I theorized that one of Mario's parents was a Brooklynite who found his way to the Mushroom Kingdom, and the other was a full on Mushroom Kingdom resident. That said, after the fiasco in Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS, they decided to move to Brooklyn to be safe. Mario and Luigi later discover the same portal used by their parents. Simple as that.

It could also work as both parents being from Brooklyn and finding the Mushroom Kingdom. Or maybe Mario had an ancestor who found the Mushroom Kingdom in ancient times and was responsible for the creation of the Warp Pipes, thus prompting his descendant's later return.

« Reply #1429 on: November 24, 2007, 04:58:51 PM »
This is an opertune moment to say that if there is a portal between the Mushroom world and the Real world, it most likely be at Shooting Star Summit and the New York CIty Sewers.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1430 on: November 24, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »
Nah, it's those rainbow portals from the last quarter of Mario Golf GB.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1431 on: November 25, 2007, 01:56:26 AM »
There isn't one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1432 on: November 25, 2007, 06:39:09 AM »
There isn't one.
We were just saying if there is one.
------
Yinzers Rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1433 on: November 25, 2007, 11:15:43 AM »
Things like this would be easier to support if those who are interested in a Mario canon would play as many games as they can.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1434 on: November 25, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »
There is no Mario canon.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1435 on: November 28, 2007, 02:56:04 PM »
This isn't really related to the birth thing, but I just had a thought. If we postulate that the princess's full name is Peach Toadstool (her letter in SM64 seems to indicate that), and also accept the quasi-canonical belief that Mario and Luigi's last name is Mario (based most explicitly on the movie, but also drawn from the name "Mario Bros."), then the reason Toad says "Thank You Mario" in SMB even when you're playing as Luigi is that everyone was on a last-name basis at that point, and as they got to know each other better, they started using first names (of course, you really couldn't tell with Mario).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1436 on: November 28, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »
That was a joke.

« Reply #1437 on: November 28, 2007, 07:04:15 PM »
One comic on Deviantart pointed this out but I'll ask it anyway, If the Toads were trapped, how did they know Mario's name?
------
Yinzers Rule!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1438 on: November 28, 2007, 11:40:40 PM »
Because he runs around screaming "It'sa me, Mario!"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1439 on: November 29, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »

Really? Huh. Well, never mind. Maybe the ending of Super Mario World would count.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print