Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 118698 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »
Just because they were created by another company doesn't mean they can't be Nintendo characters.

So, if a Mario game came out for the sega saturn, would he become a sega character? No.

« Reply #316 on: October 14, 2007, 08:22:18 AM »
Sakurai states that he considers Geno a first-party character. This doesn't mean he will be in, but if he is, he won't be in one of the third-party slots.
We have a secret page!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #317 on: October 14, 2007, 11:57:01 AM »
It would be very nice to have Mallow and Geno return from the dead, but it's not gonna happen. It's terrible that the most creative characters appear with a role in one game and are never seen again, in Mario...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2007, 01:52:49 AM »
I know the idea of costumes has been thrown around a lot, but I'm going to mention it again and make a list of characters that could have costumes and what they'd be for characters that are either already confirmed or should be.

MARIO
Dr. Mario (slower, but heavier and more powerful; Megavitamin replaces Fireball)
Baby Mario (much faster, but also lighter and a bit weaker; can float down using Cape after Up+B)
Paper Mario (lighter and slower, but with more useful moves and more powerful; can glide with Up+B as paper plane)

LINK
Young Link (see SSBM, assuming he's not going to return)
Shadow Link (same stats, but would still make a cool costume)
WW Link (assuming WW Link's not in the game... can't think of any non-visual differences as I've never played WW)

PIKACHU
Pichu (see SSBM)
Raichu (slower, but heavier and more powerful; Zap Cannon for a Smash B, but make it like Samus' Charge Shot)
Whatever the Pikachu-ripoff from D/P is (never played Pokemon D/P either)

FOX
Wolf (I seriously hope he gets put in the game... if not, make him a slower and more powerful Fox)
James (I have no idea for James' stats... perhaps faster but weaker?)

SAMUS
Dark Samus (never played a Metroid game apart from First Hunt ._.)

BOWSER
Bowser Jr. (faster, less powerful, paintbrush for Smash B and Shell Toss for B)

DONKEY KONG
DK Jr. (um... I really have no clue on this one)

YOSHI
Birdo (less speed & jump, more power & weight, Egg Spit for B, Up+B move w/ bigger height gain)

PEACH
Daisy (faster, less powerful, change Toad in B move to heart)
Pauline (same speed, less powerful special, more powerful physical, worse jump)
Rosetta (no idea)

WARIO
Classic Wario (change Wario Chopper to whatever the Charge is from WL4, no idea what else)

POKEMON TRAINER
Girl from FR/LG (visual change)
Rival/Gary (visual change)
Ash (getting a bit iffy... but still, visual change)

LUCAS
Ness (I really hope he's in Brawl... if not...)

SONIC (assuming none of these characters are in Brawl)
Shadow (oh come on, what else did you expect? Same speed, more powerful, lighter.)
Knuckles (slower, worse jump, slightly better special, WAY more powerful)

(subject to change)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:00:32 AM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #319 on: October 15, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »
Those are practically separate characters. The point of costumes being costumes is make the character look different without changing anything else about them. This is SSB, not Soul Calibur.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #320 on: October 15, 2007, 05:13:13 PM »
Alternate costumes are just what it says. No changes in physics should be made. Some costumes I've been thinking...
-Mr. L for Luigi.
-Exact colors of Mario for Luigi and vice versa.
-Boshi for Yoshi, anybody? An allusion won't hurt anybody...
-Wario's plain clothes for Wario (so that n00bs who have never played WarioWare don't complain).
-Until gliding was introduced, I thought that Red could have Gold as an alternate with the corresponding Pokémon from Generation II, and it might work as long as Squirtle stayed out of his shell. So much for my ideas.
-Dr. Mario for Mario might work if they do something about FLUDD. Formaldehyde, perhaps?
-Pirate Captain Falcon for Captain Falcon
-Last but not least, every character MUST have a tuxedo as an alternate. Yes, EVERYONE. Samus could have one over AND under her Power Suit, even! Don't question me, they could get one onto Kirby and Meta Knight somehow. You can't deny how good a formal Brawl would be.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #321 on: October 15, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »
Wow, BP. You've done it again. Pirate Falcon must now be in Brawl.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #322 on: October 15, 2007, 07:11:37 PM »
I can see Pokemon Trainer's alts being Green (The rival) and Blue (The girl). They're all from Kanto, so why not. I just wish we had equal representation for every Pokemon generation.

Dr. Mario will also more than likely be one of Mario's alts, especially since Shadow Link is now Link's alts and Pichu's blue googles set was given to Pikachu.

Samus could probably have her Fusion suit and possibly her PED suit. [We don't need much more than that, Mr. Wiggles.]

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 01:54:02 AM by Suffix »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2007, 10:09:22 AM »
LINK
Young Link (see SSBM, assuming he's not going to return)
Shadow Link (same stats, but would still make a cool costume)
WW Link (assuming WW Link's not in the game... can't think of any non-visual differences as I've never played WW)

What about Goron Link and Zora Link? They would be awesome.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »
Dark Link is actually already a "costume" in SSBB.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2007, 09:24:53 AM »
Wolf is a costume by Fox. 
Go Vols!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2007, 12:07:40 AM »
Instead of a Paper Mario costume, I'd rather have a Paper Mario stage that turns all the characters on it into paper versions, like how the Game & Watch stage flattened everyone. It would take a bit more work, but it would be totally worth it to see, for example, Paper Sonic, Paper Snake, and Paper Ganondorf.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2007, 05:56:57 PM »
I made this, believe it or not:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 11:55:40 AM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »
Luigi and Waluigi.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2007, 04:39:54 PM »
-Wario's plain clothes for Wario (so that n00bs who have never played WarioWare don't complain).

I've played the Wario Ware games, but I still don't care for Wario's new outfit. The traditional one is much better.

Print