Poll

Do you think that Dragonball should be back on the air?

Yes
5 (20%)
Don't care
14 (56%)
No
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Do you want Dragonball back on TV?  (Read 7634 times)

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:07:06 PM »
I have been a huge Dragonball fan ever since I saw it a few years ago and I was wondering if anyone else wants to see it more on TV. Ever since I heard that Dragonball was cancelled, I was devastated. I'm sure I'm not the only one, so post, post, post!

...please...
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:53:50 PM »
Uh, cancelled? No? Do you even know how these things work?
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:05:36 PM »
Cancelled as in new episodes? No, It has had it's run of arcs and it's done with. And if it's not on TV then buy a DVD.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 10:59:20 PM »
As mush as I love the Dragonball series, I believe it has run its course, not to mention continuing it would lead to more awful crap like GT.

Besides, if you love the series that much, there's always the rereleases, card game, action figures and video games to immerse yourself in. DBZ is practically the anime equivalent of Star Wars in that the fanbase can't seem to get enough of it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 07:26:52 PM »
I don't really have anything to say about Dragonball, except that it's about time that they took it off the air. It was drawn out for far too long, and the series is kind of pointless why not just wish for the dragon balls to never disappear from eachother after the last wish?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »
It's one of the few wishes that can't be granted,  Just like you can't wish for unlimited wishes for example.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »
continuing it would lead to more awful crap like GT.

Gosh, did I ever hate GT. What the heck were they thinking? Perhaps if they had Akira Toriyama working behind it, GT wouldn't have messed up as bad as it did.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 08:27:02 PM »
It's one of the few wishes that can't be granted,  Just like you can't wish for unlimited wishes for example.

Oh. See, I didn't watch the show enough to remember such a detail. (I wouldn't have watched it at all if it wasn't for the anime music videos that are associated with it that a couple of friends of mine downloaded..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 05:45:29 PM »
GT is not crap! I thought that this would be a fun poll, but I guess now I see that all of you guys hate Dragonball...I WAS THE ONLY ONE SO FAR TO VOTE FOR "YES"!...but I guess that's to be expected since I started the poll.
I'm still hoping for at least one other person to say Yes...
Sorry. I guess I was just ticked off at the fact that no one likes Dragonball anymore. :(
...but still...I wish that there was someone else who liked it...
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 06:03:33 PM »
I thought that this would be a fun poll, but I guess now I see that all of you guys hate Dragonball

That is so far from the truth it's not even funny.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:29:27 PM by PaperLuigi »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »
I like DragonBall, more than Z and GT, Because it always wasn't about fighting.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 09:30:54 PM »
I definitely don't hate it, although I've never watched it, either.
My main point is that it wasn't canceled. Because anime shows end.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »
Dragonball? Not really my favorite thing....
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 08:46:21 AM »
I consider DragonBall/DragonBall Z the greatest story ever told. I'd love to see Toriyama continue the story, but I'd even settle for it to be opn T.V. a little more than just once a week
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 10:09:45 AM »
DBZ was on last night on Cartoon Network. Brought back some memories, I suppose.

Print