Print

Author Topic: SMA4 Cards? A little help?  (Read 2693 times)

« on: December 07, 2003, 06:32:03 PM »
I'm not quite sure I get exactly how many SMA4 E-Reader cards there are. Are there a large nuber of cards, packed randomly in each box, and I'd need to buy a few copies of each series in order to collect them all? Or, for example, does every Series 1 box include the same cards, meaning taht to get all of the cards, I'd only have to buy a Series 1 and a Series 2? I'm a bit confused... Super Mario Bros. 3 is my favorite game of all time, and I'm looking forward to expanding it with the E-Reader! ::> Thanks a lot!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 07:22:04 PM »
The cards aren't random like the Animal Crossing cards.  Every series 1 pack has the same 18 cards.  Same with the series 2 packs.  To get all the cards you have to buy the SMB3:SMA4 game at Wal*Mart because they have exclusive cards.  Right now all that is released are the one with the game (more in Wal*Mart version) and series 1 and 2.  Nintendo.com suggested that the series 3 and 4 would be out around Christmas, but that is not for sure.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 10:06:41 PM »
Okay, cool. I did get the Wal-Mart version with the extra cards. Now all I need is an E-Reader (already have a second GBA) and the card packs! I'm glad they're releasing 2 more series, more SMB3 for everyone!

Thanks for the answer.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 10:07:32 PM »
What cards come with the Wal-Mart version?  Any levels?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 10:19:38 PM »
The level that comes with the Walmart version is one that you jump on flying beetles and dodge bullets.  It's call Para Beetles Challenge.  It has 5 Advance coins and the maximum difficulty level of 5 stars.  I beat it, but I used a P-wing after dozens of near finishes.  The Wal*Mart version comes with 7 cards.  I think the other versions only had 3 cards.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 08:50:23 PM »
That's strange... my Wal-Mart-bought SMB included a card for the level "Airship's Revenge". Anyway, I think the new levels idea is great. I mean, SMB3 has such great gameplay mechanics that any additions would be great fun to play. It also gives Nintendo a chance to use things that only appeared rarely in the original games (like those flying beeteles you mentioned, and the Kuribo's Shoe) to their full potential.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 09:54:11 PM »
felineki is right about the WalMart promo level card.  Sorry, I posted the wrong card.  

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 07:06:03 PM »
hmmm.. When is Nintendo ever going to release more cards for SMA4??

____
In Ethiopia, people die from being to thin, in my country, people die from being to fat!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 09:27:48 PM »
I don't think they will ever release the series 3 and 4 e-Reader cards for SMB.  I still hold out a little hope that they will have the extra levels and items downloadable for the DS once it goes no-line.

Print